Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

-21 inside fifties
-35 disposals
-8 clearances
-13 marks
-4 frees
+2 tackles
-10 hitouts
-20 contested possessions
+2 turnovers

Lost Dangerfield and also Bruhn for extended minutes in the crucial third quarter.

Team hardly played to their capacity at all.

You lose these statistics most weeks and win anyway, it's literally your entire strategy/gameplan - it's brilliant by Scott & has been highlighted in the media all week. Do you even watch your own team every week?

Even funnier your comments about umpires after the game.
You'd think Blues had 10 more scoring shots than their opposition yesterday.

Which comments?

-21 inside fifties
-35 disposals
-8 clearances
-13 marks
-4 frees
+2 tackles
-10 hitouts
-20 contested possessions
+2 turnovers

Lost Dangerfield and also Bruhn for extended minutes in the crucial third quarter.

Team hardly played to their capacity at all.
Funny how you can talk about a player missing a few minutes in a quarter but then try to minimise the actual injuries Carlton have

Funny how you can talk about a player missing a few minutes in a quarter but then try to minimise the actual injuries Carlton have

Much different losing players halfway through a game opposed to letting a VFL player know they are playing and have 5 days to prepare for it.
Also played a grueling match on a wet track the week prior opposed to our younger opposition who rested up as per usual having remained in Melbourne.

Hence why you shouldn't be telling me about how my team performed as you clearly don't know based on that comment.

Like you telling Carlton fans how their team performed and how their injuries don't matter as if you're an expert on the subject.

I'm convinced you just glance at the game on mute whilst sinking stubbies in the North Shore clubrooms.

Blues have far more upside than the Cats from last night imo. Shocking night in front of goal missing 8 best 22 players but still were in a position to win the game which we unfortunately butchered time and time again. Composure of some of the blokes who came in just wasn't up to scratch last night. Don't think the Cats midfield will stand up against GWS, Sydney etc who have far better ball movement than us, if GWS win territory as much as we did last night they'll mince any opposition, same with the Swans.

Expecting the Pies to bounce back this week, many veterans who love playing us like Crisp, Sidebum and Pendles have had a few too many stinkers this year... Expecting them to all wind back the clock this week.

How about your own board then?
You are all convinced the umpiring cost you the game :)
You need to read the right board. I can help you find it if the search option is too complicated for you to operate.

Dekoning went off for 10 mins . Shouldn't even be discussed.
Both sides went in with 23 fit players. If 1 does a hammy well so be it. Injuries had no bearing on yesterdays result

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blues have far more upside than the Cats from last night imo. Shocking night in front of goal missing 8 best 22 players but still were in a position to win the game which we unfortunately butchered time and time again. Composure of some of the blokes who came in just wasn't up to scratch last night. Don't think the Cats midfield will stand up against GWS, Sydney etc who have far better ball movement than us, if GWS win territory as much as we did last night they'll mince any opposition, same with the Swans.

Expecting the Pies to bounce back this week, many veterans who love playing us like Crisp, Sidebum and Pendles have had a few too many stinkers this year... Expecting them to all wind back the clock this week.
Half of those b22 players are like for like replacements with who is already in the team, the only ones of significance is cerra saad and jack Martin and McGovern to an extent.

Tbh I don’t even think McGovern or Martin would get a game in the geelong 22 atm.

If dangerfield plays the entire game there is an also a chance those centre clearances and that run on don’t happen in the last five minutes as he was the most dominant contested mid until he went off.

Half of those b22 players are like for like replacements with who is already in the team, the only ones of significance is cerra saad and jack Martin and McGovern to an extent.

Tbh I don’t even think McGovern or Martin would get a game in the geelong 22 atm.

If dangerfield plays the entire game there is an also a chance those centre clearances and that run on don’t happen in the last five minutes as he was the most dominant contested mid until he went off.
Why does it matter if the players wouldn't get into your 22 again? How does that all have to do with how significant of an out they are for Carlton? Bizarre the way opposition supporters continue to minimise injuries of other teams to their own supporters.

Congratulations... You have your own list build, we have ours. I don't think any of ur midfield barring Danger would get a game in our midfield but realistically that means absolute stuff all. All bar about 3 KPF's across the comp would likely struggle to get a game for us too, doesn't mean them missing wouldn't make a big difference for the teams they play for.

Best 22 players are step ups from non best 22s, our non best 22 players struggled last night under the bright lights and the pressure that the Cats brought. Having our more established players in reduces the chances of that and likely improves our cohesion across the field given they've played a fair bit more footy together.

Players like Motlop and Martin aren't premier small forwards across the comp... But they are a hell of a lot better than the scrubs who were out there last night, including Jack Carroll who's an inside mid only playing forward due to injuries.

Congratulations... You have your own list build, we have ours. I don't think any of ur midfield barring Danger would get a game in our midfield but realistically that means absolute stuff all. All bar about 3 KPF's across the comp would likely struggle to get a game for us too, doesn't mean them missing wouldn't make a big difference for the teams they play for.

Best 22 players are step ups from non best 22s, our non best 22 players struggled last night under the bright lights and the pressure that the Cats brought. Having our more established players in reduces the chances of that and likely improves our cohesion across the field given they've played a fair bit more footy together.

Players like Motlop and Martin aren't premier small forwards across the comp... But they are a hell of a lot better than the scrubs who were out there last night, including Jack Carroll who's an inside mid only playing forward due to injuries.
I rate Carlton and think they are a good side. I am simply pointing out these players you claim are going to walk into yesterdays team and instantly make you a superior outfit is arrogant and nonsense given half of them would struggle to even get matches at other clubs to put it another way, not just geelong and are solid C graders. Don’t forget we had our best player out also in Stewart and we had dangerfield missing for half the game which probably helped your last 10 min fight back which was won contested around the ball.

I don’t think anyone in the competition is thinking danger signs seeing the majority of those names being included bar saad and cerra.

You can sell it all you like, but most of those names are not giving you much more output than the ones they had replace them yesterday.

Why does it matter if the players wouldn't get into your 22 again? How does that all have to do with how significant of an out they are for Carlton? Bizarre the way opposition supporters continue to minimise injuries of other teams to their own supporters.
A heap of those names would struggle to get into the b22 of half the AFL sides to put it more broadly. So let’s not go exaggerating the sort of influence they will have and getting arrogant. That is my point.

Carlton have an amazing top half, but a terrible bottom half dozen

A heap of those names would struggle to get into the b22 of half the AFL sides to put it more broadly. So let’s not go exaggerating the sort of influence they will have and getting arrogant. That is my point
We made a Preliminary Final with these players that "wouldn't get into the B22 of half the AFL sides". It is irrelevant. For years Carlton struggled despite having A grade talent because they didn't have the role players to go with them. Now they do but a lot of them are out plus some A graders so obviously it impacts on performance

I rate Carlton and think they are a good side. I am simply pointing out these players you claim are going to walk into yesterdays team and instantly make you a superior outfit is arrogant and nonsense given half of them would struggle to even get matches at other clubs to put it another way, not just geelong and are solid C graders. Don’t forget we had our best player out also in Stewart and we had dangerfield missing for half the game which probably helped your last 10 min fight back which was won contested around the ball.

I don’t think anyone in the competition is thinking danger signs seeing the majority of those names being included bar saad and cerra.

You can sell it all you like, but most of those names are not giving you much more output than the ones they had replace them yesterday.
This is delusion at it's finest. I think Carlton fans would have more understanding of who's important to our team structure and who's not.

The 8 best 22 players who were missing are key cogs in our system, the other 5-6 on the sidelines barely make a difference when they are out there compared to the players who rolled around last night so don't get a mention.

Carlton have an amazing top half, but a terrible bottom half dozen
If this was true GWS and Geelong should have both smashed us by 50+ with the injury list we currently have. The fact that we beat Giants and got very close to the Cats proves that we have some decent depth. Not many teams lose 13 players and can still put together a team that is competitive against the undefeated Giants and Cats

Back