Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

Carlton focus on high-end draft picks and acquiring players via Free Agency and just get told we lack role players, our bottom 6 suck and we've built our list the wrong way.

We acquire some very handy role players doing the job for us week in week out, and when they go down injured its "yeah but they're only role players".

Also love the rhetoric of "Collingwoods salary cap space will be in great shape after this year so we can buy our way out of trouble" - literally the exact strategy they've given Carlton s**t for all these years.

It's nufftastic from this mob.
Maybe they’ll buy another bargain like Schultz…

Can't believe you're all still so dirty over Walker not getting MOTY for an uncontested chest mark lol

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hardly. Just making a joke about the current topic being discussed.
I think it was the clear winner, but well and truly moved past it. Feel sorry for Walker more than anything.

PS; it was only uncontested because everyone else was at ground level. :airplane:🪜

We gunna smack your cheeky little asses. Looking forward to this game. Hopefully you beat Geelong and make it really interesting
Anything is possible.. it’s a tight competition and all it takes is for a team to be slightly off..

We may have a couple more soldiers back next week too which would help

I don’t think we’ll lack any confidence though @manicpie
King Charles Celebration GIF by Carlton Football Club
😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1971187

I found something interesting in the photo of what will surely be MOY by Elliott yesterday.

Have a look at our Essendon friends in the crowd, what a bunch of sad sacks they are, not even 1 smile between the lot of them. Best mark we’ve had in the game probably since Walkers one and they look like they are all at a funeral.
Watching the replays when he actually sticks the mark and lands the Essendon fans do react, same as Walkers. I think a couple of Pies fans are up the back and they dont react either...yet. Ball hasnt hit his hands yet here.

Maybe they’ll buy another bargain like Schultz…

They'll pick up someone like B. Smith who will be ok.. I guess? I dunno, he's a good player but there are plenty of midfielders at his level, and no shortage of them coming through the ranks, pretty basic skillset.

Who else is available to replenish their aging list? And what capital do they hold to acquire them?

They'll pick up someone like B. Smith who will be ok.. I guess? I dunno, he's a good player but there are plenty of midfielders at his level, and no shortage of them coming through the ranks, pretty basic skillset.

Who else is available to replenish their aging list? And what capital do they hold to acquire them?
So what your saying is he is very much like Cerra

So what your saying is he is very much like Cerra

Cerra has more strings to his bow but doesn't find the footy as much, he certainly filled a gap in our midfield after Dow & SPS not coming on - we didn't need another superstar really.

Smith can accumulate but is pretty wasteful. He's not a bad player, there are just plenty like him.

He'd be an ok pickup, but you'll need 5-6 recruits of similar ilk to stay in the mix. Unless you win it this year, I'd suggest Pendles, Sidebottom, Elliott, Cox, Crisp, Howe & Mitchell won't be in your next flag tilt so they'll all need replacing, quick-smart too if you want to contend whilst your current core are in their prime.

Back