Which WAFL team do you support?

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought we should have a roll call on this. :)

Which team do you support? And is there any reason why?

I take a keen interest in how the Falcons are performing due mainly to the fact that several former West Perth players played at Wodonga Raiders in the late nineties. Darren Harris, Geoff Valentine, Ben Stewart and Rod Winner all played in our 1998 premiership team, and currently a former Raider Dustin Burns is playing with them.

i support the mighty swans, basicly because they are my local team. and when ever my local team made the grand final we would get to play on basso oval. i always take notice of the results and the happenings at the club but i never get around to going to games.

Royals, my old man supported them and used to stats for them, lived in their zone, a couple of the current players are mates of my bro's.

Lived in Swanbourne as a kid and Dad took me to Claremont games, fell in love with Tigers and players like Moss and Ralph. Always keep an eye on them over the internet.

East Perth.

Grew up in the zone - Mt Lawley. Was in year 1 in 78 so only an absolute loser would not claim to be EP in the schoolyard.

Swans.

I barracked for Port in the SA when I lived there as a kid, then came to WA in 1975 and followed Swans due to the same colours as Port.

Always hated South Fremantle and Claremont in the 80s, but those hatrick of flags were sweet.

Swans.

They wear the same jumper my local footy side wears :) Plus they are the only team that wear black and white in the league :p I was watching a game on WAFL one night on ABC2 back in 2005 and I thought I was watching Glenorchy play Clarence because both Swans and South Freo wear the same jumpers as arch rivals Clarence and Glenorchy.

Subiaco.
Todd Bremen & Warren Dean, Still to this day 2 of the biggest kickers i have ever seen of all time in the W.A.F.L.
Austin Robertson, Mike Fitzpatrick, Peter Featherby, Gary Buckenara, Laurie Keene, Matt Priddis (Keep your eye on this boy!!!)
Such is the Lion pedigree....:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been a Tiger since I was 7. Grew up in Claremont zone (played juniors for North Beach and little league for the Tigers). Saw the '81 GF win :D, the losses in '82 and '83 :(, and the wins in '87 and '89 :thumbsu:. Didn't miss a game for years through the '80's.

Mum still rings me from the ground after the games when the song is playing :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:.

Peel

As a kid -Claremont because I lived in Swanbourne and my brother played colts there.

Then East Perth and Swans because my nephews played for them

Now Peel because my son plays for them

I love ny WAFL and always watch Match of the Day on ABC2 on Monday night after attending Peel's match on Saturday. Hardly know what's happening in the AFL anymore - the only thing I'm interesting in is how the young WA kids are going!

Peel

As a kid -Claremont because I lived in Swanbourne and my brother played colts there.

Then East Perth and Swans because my nephews played for them

Now Peel because my son plays for them

I love ny WAFL and always watch Match of the Day on ABC2 on Monday night after attending Peel's match on Saturday. Hardly know what's happening in the AFL anymore - the only thing I'm interesting in is how the young WA kids are going!

The name of you son who plays for Peel is....?

Can't divulge that without totally giving away my identity but he will be wearing #20 this season after wearing #31 last season - you should be able to work that out peterss

Claremont. My old man supports the Bulldogs so I was going to follow in his footsteps but my beloved Mother decided I wasn't going to have a predominately white jumper to knock around in as it would be too hard to clean. So it was either Claremont or East Perth. And I chose the Tigers.

Claremont. My old man supports the Bulldogs so I was going to follow in his footsteps but my beloved Mother decided I wasn't going to have a predominately white jumper to knock around in as it would be too hard to clean. So it was either Claremont or East Perth. And I chose the Tigers.

HA HA HA HA!!!

Best excuse for supporting a team ever!

That is classic. :D

i follow south and its basically because of two words...stephen michael

Hi Diablo14, I follow Swan Districts, used to play for Redcliffe Junior footy club as a kid and played many games against the great Phillip Narkle, who at that time was captain of Bassendean.

Came accross Stephen Michael years later down South in Collie, where he was coaching their senior side and on occassions would pull the boots on himself.

Just a bit of trivia .... cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back