Which WAFL team do you support?

Remove this Banner Ad

Followed Subi since the sixties and my father followed them from the thirties. Left Perth in the mid eighties with the memories of the glorious 73 flag faded by 10 years of misery and near bankruptcy. From the moment I left SFC have had the most successful era in their history, and irony of ironies everyone now accusing them of having TOO MUCH money !!!!

I wasnt sure where to put this but just thought id ask on this thread. Iv been playing TAC for the last 2 years in victoria and also played with Vic country this year in the champs and was wondering which WAFL club would be best to go to if i was looking to move over to W.A next year for footy as i dont know much about the league or any of the teams over there?

thanks in advance!

Well if you want to be a God to all then play for the mighty East Perth (if you are good enough they will get you a job washing cars at a car dealership).

Or you can go to one of the other teams and regret your decision for the rest of your life.

I'm an East Freo boy, seeing as I was born at Woodside Hospital in East Freo. I always liked the Blue and White strip, too, which helped when I was a youngin'.

The first ever football match I went to was South Freo v East Freo at Fremantle Oval when I was about 5.

Gee 14 years between drinks for this thread.....EF for me, lived in Gero for my first few years of junior footy back in the 70's.....Hicks, Sims and Mazzuchelli were all good ex Gero boys.....moved to Perth in 74 and followed the deeds of Green, Melrose, Peake, Budgie etc in the 70s, Wrensted, Hoult, Big Ron, Mainy, Brennan, Willo, Harding etc in the 80s, Mellody, Malaxos, Bilicich etc in the 90s...lean times of late, but still blue n white thru n thru.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had no choice in supporting West Perth.

Mum grew up in the shadow of the Perth Oval grandstand in the 50’s & 60’s but used to make the trek to Leederville for every home game.

When I started playing footy as a six year old, she went and bought a Cardie’s jumper for me and said “ You barrack for West Perth”

Good onya Mum.

Had no choice in supporting West Perth.

Mum grew up in the shadow of the Perth Oval grandstand in the 50’s & 60’s but used to make the trek to Leederville for every home game.

When I started playing footy as a six year old, she went and bought a Cardie’s jumper for me and said “ You barrack for West Perth”

Good onya Mum.
Mother's know best mate

Started off as a kid supporting Souths.
Now live in Bassendean so switched to the Black Ducks 20 years ago - manage to get to most home games and have 2 of my kids that come along as well.

Have followed the Black Ducks since I was born- at none other than Swan Districts Hospital funnily enough!
With both sides of the family Black & White and a relative playing there at the time (late 70s/early80s) there was no other choice.

Started off as a kid supporting Souths.
Now live in Bassendean so switched to the Black Ducks 20 years ago - manage to get to most home games and have 2 of my kids that come along as well.
I used to live not too far up the road from Bassendean oval. If Swans had a home game, I often took the kids down. They’d run around for an arvo whilst Dad had a couple in the bar area.

Swans have a good bunch of supporters and is always a good arvo at Bassendean but not quite good enough to dilute years of red and blue blood.

I don't know much about the WAFL but it'd be one of the two teams labelled East if I had to pick.
If you’re a toothless feral who only showers once a year, East Perth would be a good fit.

East Perth for me since my long-ago Grade 1 days at Tammin Primary School.
My good mate then in Grade 2 supported the Mighty Royals, hence I followed suit (as you do when you're younger).

Last edited:
Grandad won a Sandover and is in the Team of the Century for Swans so have a soft spot for them. Dad also played a few games in the magoos as well.

Lived in Kalgoorlie so were in Subi's zone and have followed them since the late 70's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back