FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Had very very low expectations and only came across this show because of a few videos on Tiktok.

Really enjoyed it and was surprised by the quality.

Would give this show a 8/10, probably my only gripe is that I wish the episodes were longer and the story fleshed out a bit more. Then again, that may be the reason why I enjoyed it, short, sharp and sweet. :think:

never heard of this until I saw your post, into season 2 now, fantastic series thanks for putting up

Finally caught up with Years & Years (five years later) and my god that was so surreal, aged well in many respects

Swift Street was solid. Gets by ok purely on the father-daughter small con beats (think Matchstick Men). Cliff Curtis carries, perfect role for him. Tanzyn Crawford looks very similar to Lydia West and has some good instincts as an actor. Probably Keiynan Lonsdale’s best role to date, bit more against-type and gritty, good choice for his career. Also refreshing in that there is barely an Anglo in sight, it’s very diverse in terms of ethnicity and sexuality, and pretty grey and grim for public broadcaster as you spend the bulk of the show with grifters and debt collectors.

Don’t see much future in it and not amazing or anything, but the decent casting, cons and vibe are all on point. Knows its genre meat & taters which is enough to power a half-hour series.

Cliff Curtis & Asghar Farhadi would make for a neat collab.

Finished Fallout, great.
Started Baby Reindeer, tough watch, I need a hug.
Before I left for my Italy trip I watched S1 of Twin Peaks, I'm up to E3 S2 now, will slowly get through this, damn weird but fascinating.
Started This is us on the plane, so will probably watch this slowly as well, extremely emotional show.
Best show of 2024 so far imo. Brilliant.

I am really enjoying The Orville season 1.

As someone who isn't really into Star Trek, Star Wars, sci-fi etc. this hits the perfect blend of feel good moments, comedy and knows when to be serious enough. Great show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarkson's Farm.

Absolutely love this show, always entertaining.

Clarkson's Farm is probably doing more for developing empathy with farmers than any other media.

I think in WA many of us already have a general idea but overall a lot of city dwellers (understandably) just have NFI how tough it is even in developed countries.

Possibly the best series of non Top Gear/Grand Tour stuff from Clarkson/Hammond/May.

Finished season 2 of Blue Lights last night. After season 1 I didn't think crime tv (and maybe tv generally) could get better. It can and it did.

Don't think there has ever been a series that allowed me to connect so quickly with multiple characters, seemingly with such little effort. For a show with a reasonable amount of action it is the dialogue (and non-dialogue) between the charaters in the car on patrol that gets you.

Quality writing, quality acting etc.

And some cracking music. Pub cover bands rocking ridiculously good covers of Aslan and Dolly Parton was a season 2 highlight.

Only 350 odd sleeps until season 3 (hopefully).

So I've started season 8 of Frasier, while I kind of agree that seasons 1-4 are the shows best years.... I thought there were some funny episodes in season 6 & 7. Now I forgot what the "internet" consensus of the show was - having navigated season 7 once again (did watch the show when it was originally on, and have done the dvd marathon many times previously) I was like "that wasn't bad".

Then I read that 8-11 are the shows low points ?

f71c0ad1-170c-4047-89aa-78b1789212c5_text.gif

Could have sworn I once read 9 - 10 were disasters and the final season course corrected itself lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back