What's happening in the Bendigo Football League #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have criticised field numbers on here before, but i must say yesterdays umpires were the best kyneton has had in at least 2 years.
But still Kyneton have had the game taken away from them because of a umpire A EFFING IMMATURE BOUNDARY UMPIRE, who decided he would blow his whistle 5 mins after a fight and run to the field open and decide he would send someone off. That someone was Leigh Picioanne who had been Kynetons best for the whole game and was getting niggled at and cheap shotted all day.

But still a great effort by the Kyneton boysnd had either of Jack Redpath not got injured before half time after he had already kicked 3 goals and set 2 up or Picioanne not been sent off Kyneton would of won the game i guarntee.

Let me guess, that niggler was number 4 from Golden Square, Mr hitman himself Bell?

Astonishing result yesterday. Castlemaine were terrific. Im sure the Gisborne supporters will get on here and say they didnt have Potter, Saunders and their coach Elliot however Castlemaine were without Scott Sellars, Captain Jimmy O'Brien and didnt have the underated Adam Culvenor for the 2nd half.
To lead most of the day and to be headed with only 18 fit people on the ground as Culvenor and Polglaise and Sean Smith to a sickening injury you must give credit to the boys.
On Sean Smith for those who havent heard he went down with a broken leg similar to Nathan Brown a few years ago. The Ambulance had just left the camp with a Gisborne player that had been concussed and come back with that player still in the back of the ambo. The whisper is the game was 2 mins away from been called off as they had to wait for another ambo. A strange result to a strange day. Game nearly finished in darkness.
Hopefully this might kick start them as the morale seemed very low. The worst thing for them to do is to lose next week and make this result look like a fluke.
I wasnt at the game so you will get no excuses from me. But i did notice Gisbornes woeful kicking for goal, 12.20 just isnt good enough especially when Castlemaine Kicked 16.4

Although Gisborne had won 14 in a row against Castlemaine they have always been a side that have had a real crack and i dont remember to many of those games being blow outs

I have criticised field numbers on here before, but i must say yesterdays umpires were the best kyneton has had in at least 2 years.
But still Kyneton have had the game taken away from them because of a umpire A EFFING IMMATURE BOUNDARY UMPIRE, who decided he would blow his whistle 5 mins after a fight and run to the field open and decide he would send someone off. That someone was Leigh Picioanne who had been Kynetons best for the whole game and was getting niggled at and cheap shotted al day.

But still a great effort by the Kyneton boysnd had either of Jack Redpath not got injured before half time after he had already kicked 3 goals and set 2 up or Picioanne not been sent off Kyneton would of won the game i guarntee.

And what a great turn out for the football club function last night with easy beyond 100 people there the biggest turn out in years..

I didn't think boundary umpires could do that?

I wasnt at the game so you will get no excuses from me. But i did notice Gisbornes woeful kicking for goal, 12.20 just isnt good enough especially when Castlemaine Kicked 16.4

Although Gisborne had won 14 in a row against Castlemaine they have always been a side that have had a real crack and i dont remember to many of those games being blow outs

Castlemaine always seem to play well at home against Gisborne. I can remember 4 years ago on a warm day when it was a shootout. Like 25 goals to 23. Might have been the day the CEO kicked 1000 as well.
Castlemaine have always struggled at the graveyard though hence the average winning margin in those 14 attempts. Can only recall one close game at the graveyard when the margin was about 15 points on an absolute mudheap I can recall.
Spoke to a couple of the Castlemaine Committee Members this morning and they were terribly disappointed at the lack of Gisborne Players getting into the Clubrooms after the game. Not sure if that's true or not but if it is sounds like a bit of sour grapes after what was an enthralling contest.

It is going to be a cracker game this Saturday in Castlemaine.

Which of Strath or Castlemaine will build on their momentum gained the last couple of weeks.

Which of Strath or Castlemaine will build on their momentum gained the last couple of weeks.

Momentum?? That is way to funny. The Maine have won 1 of the last 7 games and Strath 2 of the last 8 - against Kyneton and Mary!

Strath V Maine a cracker - I think you need a cracker after such a starving comment!

Momentum?? That is way to funny. The Maine have won 1 of the last 7 games and Strath 2 of the last 8 - against Kyneton and Mary!

Strath V Maine a cracker - I think you need a cracker after such a starving comment!

Am I saying that either of these sides will challenge the 5? No.

We can't all be challenging for finals spots and the winner of this game will set themselves to finish 6th or 7th instead of 8th or 9th.

Will it be the same standard as Gisborne Vs South? No.

But I think the bragging rights from this game will make it a good one.

All good games don't need to have finals chances as a backdrop.

Castlemaine always seem to play well at home against Gisborne. I can remember 4 years ago on a warm day when it was a shootout. Like 25 goals to 23. Might have been the day the CEO kicked 1000 as well.
Castlemaine have always struggled at the graveyard though hence the average winning margin in those 14 attempts. Can only recall one close game at the graveyard when the margin was about 15 points on an absolute mudheap I can recall.
Spoke to a couple of the Castlemaine Committee Members this morning and they were terribly disappointed at the lack of Gisborne Players getting into the Clubrooms after the game. Not sure if that's true or not but if it is sounds like a bit of sour grapes after what was an enthralling contest.
Thats disapointing if true - Gisborne have been pretty good at getting back to the opposition rooms in the past.

I must say though - not all clubs (including Castlemaine) have always returned the favour.

That game in the mud was the worst conditions i have ever seen. Interesting how its turned out though because i reckon Gisbornes ground is the best in the league at the moment

Am I saying that either of these sides will challenge the 5? No.

We can't all be challenging for finals spots and the winner of this game will set themselves to finish 6th or 7th instead of 8th or 9th.

Will it be the same standard as Gisborne Vs South? No.

But I think the bragging rights from this game will make it a good one.

All good games don't need to have finals chances as a backdrop.

I would have thought all good games required good teams. Just beacuse it is close does not mean it is good. But hey your excited and that is the main thing. Me I would prefer to cut my lawn with toe nail scissors than watch Strath V Maine. Each to there own.

I would have thought all good games required good teams. Just beacuse it is close does not mean it is good. But hey your excited and that is the main thing. Me I would prefer to cut my lawn with toe nail scissors than watch Strath V Maine. Each to there own.
A good game you would think would mean two evenly matched teams, regardless of ladder position.

Sometimes the contest is more important then the skill;)

Must be a hard year with the Hawks for you if you need to watch good games, least you have 2008 I guess:p.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly not the battle of the BFL heavyweights but will be a huge weekend for Castlemaine with the official 150th celebrations and several functions on that are already booked out.

Castlemaine have been hard hit by injuries last week though so hopefully Sellars and O'Brien come back in as there are not many other options.

The 2nds players under 30 are miles away from senior football and have very ordinary form and fitness, so we may see a couple of 'blast from the past' selections, and perhaps even the senior coach may pull the boots on again.

Terrible news for Sean Smith! Hopefully his recovery goes smoothly and he can get his leg right!

Yeah he did cop a bad one. I didn't have the stomach to go and look but the boys who saw it said he had snapped his leg at the calf. Terrible injury and we hope his recovery goes well.

A good game you would think would mean two evenly matched teams, regardless of ladder position.

I do not believe evenly matched = good.

I watched the Tigers V WCE and Saints V Blues on the weekend. Both evenly matched both close games. I nearly pulled my eyeballs out so I did not have to watch the 2nd half of the Tigers game. The Saints game was great the Tigers game was pus. But hey some people like to make love with goats. Each to there own - my preference is watching the better sides playing the better standard of football - to me that would constitute a good game

Had the Bendigo-based boundary umpire kept his mouth shut and not ruined the game by telling the field umpire to send off Lee Piccione, dare I say the Tigers would have won it. Honestly, he was on fire when he returned to the field for the final five minutes.

Mate if Lee Piccione didnt punch a kid in the face or if the field umpire had the balls to send him off then the boundary umpire would have not had to step in, yes Kyneton was on a roll and piccione was major apart of that but he was also a key reason why they lost! lack of discipline!!!

Mate if Lee Piccione didnt punch a kid in the face or if the field umpire had the balls to send him off then the boundary umpire would have not had to step in, yes Kyneton was on a roll and piccione was major apart of that but he was also a key reason why they lost! lack of discipline!!!
He should have made it worthy for being sent off then. Should have really given him one instead of a half-hearted effort. If he wanted to inflict damage, he could have, but I can assure you he was responsible enough to limit the force in his punch.

Thats disapointing if true - Gisborne have been pretty good at getting back to the opposition rooms in the past.

I must say though - not all clubs (including Castlemaine) have always returned the favour.

That game in the mud was the worst conditions i have ever seen. Interesting how its turned out though because i reckon Gisbornes ground is the best in the league at the moment

The ASBESTOS & GLASS top dressing must have worked a treat then huh ?
Just remember not to inhale ok !

He should have made it worthy for being sent off then. Should have really given him one instead of a half-hearted effort. If he wanted to inflict damage, he could have, but I can assure you he was responsible enough to limit the force in his punch.

Here in lies the culture that is Kyneton !
No wonder you are a laughing stock languishing at the bottom of the table ! :thumbsdown:

Thanks Dirk you prove again your idea of football is un questioned. The riddell league is well beyond Kyneton. I as the president of Kyneton have looked on here all the time to see were i can steer my committee to a league you think we are going to have a chance.
i see by your previous post that you not only take an intrest in our football club and what were up to but you are also worried about a team of E grade crickets challenging Tylden. Maybe you would be better of commenting on shi#ful cricket that no one knows who even won the flag.
I have been disappointed that you have not been able to come and identify yourself to anyone at Kyneton yet. Dirk its weak people like you who hide behind a name and have pot shot at anyone that is having a go.
I would not expect that you would say that an Riddell side would get within 8 points of Golden Square. We will go to Gisborne and have a red hot go this week and see what happens. We know what we want to do and we know its not going to be all straight sailing but if you ask most of the teams we have improved on last year. That was our aim for the year and to get game time into our younger players. Due to players leaving and sub standard pre season we are looking towards signing players now for next year to have a real crack. Lets bring on the second half of the season and look forward to next year. We have alot of holes to fill still but they seem to be smaller than previous years.
Dirk any Riddell side looking for an easy win should ring early to get a practice match for next year.
HOOK LINE AND SINKER WAY TO EASY!
fatman i dont care that your "trying" to make your club a better place.
i dont care if you run golden square to within 8 pts, it happens all the time freo got to within a point of geelong last year didnt they ?
i also dont care that your side has had a sub standard pre season, and i dont care that your trying to get game time into your young players.
fact is your side is ordinary at best and has been for some time now.
sure you may be busting your ass to try and fix things and kudos to you for that.
the problem doesnt lie with what your trying to do it stems from poor management of the club over the years and unfortunatly your the one who is going to have to cop the criticism even though it was not your doing. you took on the job you should learn to live with it.
im sure kangaroo flat copped plenty of stick on here a few years back when they were getting smashed week in week out, but now they have stood up done the hard yards off the field and are getting it together, you to fatman will get your club to this stage im tipping by around season 2038 you may sneak into the finals by percentage!
fact of the matter is fatman your piss poor past performances have made you a laughing stock and with performances like that your always going to be on the end of negative comments.
if you can turn the club around then i take my hat off to you and you will deserve all the praise in the world, but until you do im sticking with that on your worst day your ones wouldnt get within 5 goals of the red auskick side that runs out on the mcg every week !

I think all games next weekend will be interesting - Square v Flat and Eaglehawk v South will be real 'acid tests' for these teams. Can Kyneton (good at home) finally be competitive at Gisborne? It will be all over for the loser of Sandhurst v Maryborough so a lot will be at stake at the QEO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back