What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I hear, and it’s just a rumour, but Jamarra’s issue is more than just ‘a personal issue’. Now Bevo said in his post match (Saints) presser that Marra will probably miss again. Now we are hearing he missed training. 2 weeks off for a family death? All sounds a bit suss to me!
Get a grip of yourself if JUH had a death in the family he can take all the time he needs to grieve

Only a rumour

So let me get this straight, you signed up as a Bulldog BF member this month, and are already spreading rumours and making assumptions on one of our players. Are you sure you have the right team board?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only a rumour
Oscar The Grouch No GIF by Sesame Street

Would be a great time to re sign while everything is all emotional.
God father offers are hard to refuse for professional sportsman.
Just 2 more years please Jamarra
You can watch as much sport as you want on tv during this time.

All this “I’ve heard” BS. Bit like the bloke who was adamant years ago when telling me we’d changed our name to Western because the AFL was sending us to Western Sydney. He’d heard it from someone too. Jesus wept.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

dogwatch your good at this stuff.

Would like to assist Osho with a submission of a new word(s) to Oxford and Cambridge along the lines of Bontempellian. Definitions, phonetics etc

For context

Kane Cornes and Caroline Wilson are football commentatoes and germalists.

Would like to assist Osho with a submission of a new word(s) to Oxford and Cambridge along the lines of Bontempellian. Definitions, phonetics etc

For context

Lol, I like Germalist and Commentatoes!!

Not sure what the Osho reference is though. I got an "oops" when I clicked on it.

Anyway I'm a bit more anarchic with words than making submissions to the OED. That's the nature of language. If the word is good enough it'll find its own way to the OED eventually.

It's better just to create a word and let it loose in the cyber wilderness. The fittest survive - the most colourful, the most incisive, the most evocative. The weak words perish. As they should.

For context

There's already a word for them: parasite.

I have no knowledge of Jamarra’s situation however one think worse than a close family member’s death is a long, drawn out family member’s death.
If he went back to Warrnambool expecting a death and it hasn’t happened yet, it can drag out a long time
It could be lots of family-based things, I can think of a few. We don't know any details.

Lol, I like Germalist and Commentatoes!!

Not sure what the Osho reference is though. I got an "oops" when I clicked on it.

Anyway I'm a bit more anarchic with words than making submissions to the OED. That's the nature of language. If the word is good enough it'll find its own way to the OED eventually.

It's better just to create a word and let it loose in the cyber wilderness. The fittest survive - the most colourful, the most incisive, the most evocative. The weak words perish. As they should.
Osho is a contributor and the originator the word commentato. I thought it was a word that deserved some exposure.

We lack a proper vocabulary to describe these creatures that ail us. I tire, for example, of putting the word journalist in inverted commas to sarcastically describe many of the former. Germalist, on the other hand, is so fitting that no sarcasm is required.

The evolution of language through adoption and acceptance is a perfectly reasonable position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back