What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

lol yeah Montgomery is probably a fine coach but he has Sam Taylor, the best key defender in the game, and Harry Himmelberg (pick 16), Whitfield (pick 1), Ash (pick 4), Idun and Perryman (pick 14) back there. I’m pretty sure if we swapped Jones, Buku and Bramble for Taylor, Himmleberg and Whitfield our backline would fair a bit better.

Won't read that article but is he still dribbling on that our list is elite?

The selection stuff is such a red herring. Personally, I thought Macrae (particularly) and Daniel were only so/so last year and if you were looking to fix some of our issues one obvious step would be getting quicker players into their spots. Daniel didn’t set the world on fire in the VFL on the weekend. Dale has been ordinary for quite a while as well. We can’t demand selection integrity then go ‘but not them…’ when talented players miss out.

Need to give Bev credit for taking on the inevitable criticism for putting some favourite sons under the pump and rewarding others. Compare that to Brad Scott who milked every 8th place he could out of aging veterans all the way until it practically destroyed the Roos list.

The main actual issue is the persistent (for several year now) failure to have the team operating at a consistent level, within games and week to week. The team as a collective has been as schizophrenic as it gets for about 3 years now. Our method has been shot to bits far too often under pressure during that period. Either at its core what we’re trying to do is flawed, or the players don’t genuinely believe in it, or each other to execute it. Any of those is probably a fatal strike for Bev if he can’t right it after a number of years.

The selection stuff is such a red herring. Personally, I thought Macrae (particularly) and Daniel were only so/so last year and if you were looking to fix some of our issues one obvious step would be getting quicker players into their spots. Daniel didn’t set the world on fire in the VFL on the weekend. Dale has been ordinary for quite a while as well. We can’t demand selection integrity then go ‘but not them…’ when talented players miss out.

The main actual issue is the persistent (for several year now) failure to have the team operating at a consistent level, within games and week to week. The team as a collective has been about as schizophrenic as it gets for about 3 years now. Our method has been shot to bits far too often under pressure during that period. Either at its core what we’re trying to do is flawed, or the players don’t genuinely believe in it, or each other to execute it. Either is probably fatal.
This. If Macca, Daniel and Dale played 100% game time in all our games and our record was still 2-3 we would still be copping it, but instead of 'Bevo loves delisted recruits' it would be 'Bevo keeps picking his old favourites'. I'm not Bevo's biggest fan but it is clear the knives are well and truly out, only thing that can stop them is winning.

Last edited:
Kornes has been goading Beveridge for 2 years now. Trying to get a response because Bevo is unhinged then there will be a pile on.

I suspect because there's history between Bevo and Montgomery, that's why he named him.

He's becoming more desperate as time goes on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bevo never use to sweat profusely in the coaches box. Started midway through last year and has been sweating ever since. Not a good sign.

If Bevo does get sacked I want to him to run into Kane in a dark alley somewhere.

lol yeah Montgomery is probably a fine coach but he has Sam Taylor, the best key defender in the game, and Harry Himmelberg (pick 16), Whitfield (pick 1), Ash (pick 4), Idun and Perryman (pick 14) back there. I’m pretty sure if we swapped Jones, Buku and Bramble for Taylor, Himmleberg and Whitfield our backline would fair a bit better.

Defence is more much, much more than who is occupying the nominal 6 back positions.

In coaching terms Montgomery has an average resume:

Us when we were s**t- sacked at the start of the finals in 2016.
Carlton
Port
Now GWS.

Kornes is only putting it out there because Montgomery and Beveridge don't like each other. He wants Beveridge to take the bait.

Need to give Bev credit for taking on the inevitable criticism for putting some favourite sons under the pump and rewarding others. Compare that to Brad Scott who milked every 8th place he could out of aging veterans all the way until it practically destroyed the Roos list.

The main actual issue is the persistent (for several year now) failure to have the team operating at a consistent level, within games and week to week. The team as a collective has been as schizophrenic as it gets for about 3 years now. Our method has been shot to bits far too often under pressure during that period. Either at its core what we’re trying to do is flawed, or the players don’t genuinely believe in it, or each other to execute it. Any of those is probably a fatal strike for Bev if he can’t right it after a number of years.

I wish I could give this post several dozen "likes"

I wish I could give this post several dozen "likes"

Just register 30+ accounts, like I have.

Bloody confusing quoting and replying to myself though. There's one thread where it's just me, arguing with myself, taking sides against myself, reporting and ignoring myself.

I'd almost prefer playing on the wing under Bevo...

What was he saying?
I imagine it went something like this. Corned Kanes - Beveridge has nobbled his team by dropping 3 AA players and replacing them with mooks. Look at the games that Dale and Macrae had last night if your need further evidence...

Form or team structure means nothing to guys who clearly don't watch every game. If they did then they'd understand why these two factors had them either in, out or on the cusp of the side as the sub.

If a moron like me can understand this, then it shouldn't be too hard for these professional talking heads.

I imagine it went something like this. Corned Kanes - Beveridge has nobbled his team by dropping 3 AA players and replacing them with mooks. Look at the games that Dale and Macrae had last night if your need further evidence...

Form or team structure means nothing to guys who clearly don't watch every game. If they did then they'd understand why these two factors had them either in, out or on the cusp of the side as the sub.

If a moron like me can understand this, then it shouldn't be too hard for these professional talking heads.
You're too modest Norm.
The only moronic thing you said (implied) was that these professional talking heads are smarter than you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back