Toast Welcome to the Temple of Bontempelli, please take off your shoes and pay your respects

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree. Now that it’s clear the allegation he asked the CEO to sack Bevo with two weeks to go in the season was made up, there’s not much to fault his leadership.

Gets frustrated with his teammates a bit but they seem to love and respect him. He definitely inspires on the field
With all due respect there was never anything said about Bont wanting the coach sacked. What was said was that the captain went to the board with concerns. Those concerns were never specified, just that he brought those issues to the board. It was people on here who made that leap.

With all due respect there was never anything said about Bont wanting the coach sacked. What was said was that the captain went to the board with concerns. Those concerns were never specified, just that he brought those issues to the board. It was people on here who made that leap.
Hypothetical leaps based on the hypothetical sure

So close, yet so far.

I find it hard to believe that any human who hasn’t grown up a Port supporter could buy into that culture and play out their career there, such an awful club from top to bottom, just the worst.

FA at the end of 2025 coming into his prime, let’s bring him home to partner Bont & lead our new midfield likely post Libba, Treloar, Macrae etc

I find it hard to believe that any human who hasn’t grown up a Port supporter could buy into that culture and play out their career there, such an awful club from top to bottom, just the worst.

FA at the end of 2025 coming into his prime, let’s bring him home to partner Bont & lead our new midfield likely post Libba, Treloar, Macrae etc
Bont's a UFA about the same time IIRC. He'll probably be off "home" to Richmond about then you'd think.

🤣

Not funny...don't even suggest it (again) 😬
Haha. Sorry, I do understand it would induce extreme anxiety (for me too!)

My point is that by the time a player is at his drafted club for 5-6 years - certainly by the time he's a free agent - any allegiance to the club he supported in his boyhood has pretty much disappeared. There might be a few exceptions but the notion of bringing a player "home" is mostly fanciful.

My point is that by the time a player is at his drafted club for 5-6 years - certainly by the time he's a free agent - any allegiance to the club he supported in his boyhood has pretty much disappeared. There might be a few exceptions but the notion of bringing a player "home" is mostly fanciful.

That may apply at most clubs, but... Bulldogs!

Remember those heady days when lifelong supporters Adam Morgan and Barry Hall finally got to live out their childhood dreams! 🤔

Except Geelong. Everyone from Geelong wants - no, has a divine right - to go ''home''.

Not just footballers. Everyone!

It's in the Barwon River/Corio Bay water, the stars and the DNA of every single person who comes from Geelong.

Never argue this with someone from Geelong.

You'll be accused of, and possibly charged with, mental health crimes if you do...

The Bombers suck but that whole Ibiza trip was blown way out of proportion, the entire team went together sans Darcy Parish who was proposing to his missus elsewhere. Not like it was a faction of players split from the rest of the group.

Except Geelong. Everyone from Geelong wants - no, has a divine right - to go ''home''.

Not just footballers. Everyone!

It's in the Barwon River/Corio Bay water, the stars and the DNA of every single person who comes from Geelong.

Never argue this with someone from Geelong.

You'll be accused of, and possibly charged with, mental health crimes if you do...
Now that you mention it, I really do like being home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you honestly trying to suggest that Bont who plays midfield at what not to long ago was considered KPP size would struggle against part timers?
What you need to understand that the likes of Whitten, Skilton and Baldock would actually be better players in the modern game, because they would have been apply to apply the advantage of being full time footballers to enhance the fitness and training that has eveolved since their palying days.

In his day Whitten was considered the best CHF and best CHB, despite playing a lot of,what would now be considered, midfield

In the modern game he would have been a goalkicking midfielder.

Clear best player in the comp. Best our clubs ever had.

Heartbreaking he lost the way he did. Hopefully the blowtorch is up full ball in the media tomorrow. Some of the voting was downright disgraceful. If the umps aren’t actually putting the required effort in, which they clearly aren’t, then the voting system has to change.

Clear best player in the comp. Best our clubs ever had.

Heartbreaking he lost the way he did. Hopefully the blowtorch is up full ball in the media tomorrow. Some of the voting was downright disgraceful. If the umps aren’t actually putting the required effort in, which they clearly aren’t, then the voting system has to change.
Yes true, but our coaching deficiencies turned out to be costly once again :(

Win the games against Sydney, GWS and West Coast and it's a different story.

Needs to show his tattoo more next year, Neale’s terrible, crappy birds on his arm got him extra votes.

Probably right that he is the first dog to ever done it

Macrae and Boyd have done it against all 17 others. Pre-GWS and GC, I'm sure there are multiple who got votes against every other possible team.

Think they were just pointing out he finally completed his set.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back