Mod. Notice Welcome to the BigFooty Blues Women's Football Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

I have heard a rumour that the Blues have signed Tarnee Tester to play, can anyone confirm this.

Tarnee is from Broken Hill an amazingly gifted indigenous player with both skills and pace to burn. Tarnee is a goal scoring whiz and she is as tuff as nails as are alot of the local Broken Hill Girls.

Tarnee has skills that match the boys she played junior footy with the boys and she was the first Broken Hill lady to achieve 50 games and 50 goals.

I had the privilege of tagging Tarnee in a game and I hit her several times with my hip and shoulders but this girl is tough it didn't even take the wind out of her.

I am hoping that someone can confirm this signing and if true Blues get excited she can play the game and hopefully she does both Broken Hill and the Blues proud.

Tarnee actually started playing footy at 4 years old with the boys until she was 12 and she wasn't allowed to play anymore even though she was one of Broken Hills best 12 year old footballers.

Tarnee is a clear example that if learnt at an early age the skill level between a female and male player may not be so great in the future.

I remember watching both Tarnee and my partner Nikki playing in opposing teams in the Broken Hill Women's 2013 GF, Nikki was best on ground that day single handedly turning the match around for her team and Tarnee was the other star that day.

Sorry to ramble on about Tarnee but I am a little bit excited that I have only just become a Blue and within a week I may have the opportunity to be able to watch a personal friend and local Broken Hill Girl play for my new team, put Tarnee on Daisy I am telling you Daisy won't see the ball and if she does Tarnee will be right on top of her.

Besides Tarnees' outstanding football qualities her personal traits are exceptional. Tarnee is an Aboriginal Health Worker she was a real leader with both her people and the whole Broken Hill Community. Tarnee is a great role model for the female indigenous community in the Far West and I hope her football career takes her far and she can show others that the tyranny of distance is no obstacle to achieving your dreams.

AFL reconsiders women's expansion

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/afl/a/34532508/afl-reconsider-womens-expansion/#page1

League chief executive Gillon McLachlan says the pressure from AFL clubs without women's licences means it is an ongoing issue.
For now, the league is sticking to the original plan that the AFLW should stay at eight teams until 2019 at the earliest.

But McLachlan is no longer adamant that will be the case.
"I've had feedback that people would like to reconsider that," he told the Melbourne Press Club on Wednesday.

Congrats Bella Ayre & Tilly Lucas-Rodd

Joint Rnd 5 Rising Star nominees.

Well done girls!

RisingStarAFLWCFCHero.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we even need a midfield now?

Plenty of scrappy forward 50 entries in the AFLW, and our backline did a terrific job of cutting plenty of them off last season.

Bri Davey and Nicola Stevens running off half back, all we need is one or two players who can provide a link-up option on the wing and we're getting from end to end with only three or four possessions and delivering to the best forward line in the comp.

Of all the teams in the comp last season, we looked to have the most developed transition play out of the back line. I reckon that'll be our gameplan next season - absorb opposition attacks and rebound hard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back