Player Watch Welcome to Richmond Pick 28 - Tyler Sonsie

Remove this Banner Ad

Still can't believe he was dropped and JGTI with KMAC are still waddling along with almost two seasons of constant substandard performances. I am puzzled how our MC haven't worked out where the game has gone in terms of speed and transition linking over the last couple of years and we are still fielding teams with guys as defensive runners, who can't actually perform their duties bc they're too slow. At this stage with the age of our list and certain players retiring we need to be investing games into players like Sonsie, KMAC2 and others

KMac equal 9th in the Jack Dyer last year. Which I reckon is about as good as it gets for a defensive wingman. Carry on.

KMac equal 9th in the Jack Dyer last year. Which I reckon is about as good as it gets for a defensive wingman. Carry on.

The devil is in the detail… he played 22 games last year and finished on 30 votes. Missing only 1 game almost guarantees you a top-10 B&F finish with our voting rules. If Broad, Nank, Cotch, Graham, Hopper, Young played 22 games Macca finishes 15th.

Balta: 43 (23)
Prestia: 42 (20)
MACCA: 30 (22)
Broad: 30 (19 games)
Nank: 27 (15)
Cotch: 26(19)
Graham: 26: (20)
Grimes: 25 (22)
Hopper : 25 (16)
Young : 25 (19)
JRoo: 22 (21)
Pickett: 21 (21)
Mansell: 19 (17)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The devil is in the detail… he played 22 games last year and finished on 30 votes. Missing only 1 game almost guarantees you a top-10 B&F finish with our voting rules. If Broad, Nank, Cotch, Graham, Hopper, Young played 22 games Macca finishes 15th.

but he was there....durability is a good thing isnt it?

Seems to be putting his hand up every week in the VFL to get a call up for our midfield
With all the injuries, and he still not getting a go, its baffling to say the least

More incompetence not recognising his potential bc the coaches are still trying to play an overly defensive game style.
Probably bc of our lack of KPF , but it’s still the wrong option bc we need to win the midfield battles and not just around stoppages. We need extra run around the ground and not tractors plodding around trying to hold play up. Get the ball first more often as possible to give whatever forwards we have more opportunities. ATM our kicks in FL are bombed bc of our slow ball movement into it. Need more Ferrari’s driving around and Sonsie should be one of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any danger of giving this kid a go in the guts? Clearly can do it at VFL level but then stuck inside the f50 at afl…

Yer it's like there's no difference between VFL and AFL. Who would have thought. Our coaches clearly have nfi.

Any danger of giving this kid a go in the guts? Clearly can do it at VFL level but then stuck inside the f50 at afl…

You're 100% right. It's been a prevalent topic of discussion over the past month here.
Fingers crossed it happens this Sunday and based on the changes it might but I'm not gonna jinx it lol

More incompetence not recognising his potential bc the coaches are still trying to play an overly defensive game style.
Probably bc of our lack of KPF , but it’s still the wrong option bc we need to win the midfield battles and not just around stoppages. We need extra run around the ground and not tractors plodding around trying to hold play up. Get the ball first more often as possible to give whatever forwards we have more opportunities. ATM our kicks in FL are bombed bc of our slow ball movement into it. Need more Ferrari’s driving around and Sonsie should be one of them.
This is it, totally agree. speed is our friend and the only way we can be at all competitive.

Add Lynch also.

Hope he nails it tomorrow.
Hope he doesn’t sit in a forward pocket, he’s a midfielder.
Hope he gets the same opportunities as Dow has had in the midfield this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back