Welcome Welcome to Richmond Pick 17 - Tom Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd trial him up forward for a few games. He's got a leap, can mark and a good kick. Couldn't hurt. Trezise can take his spot in backline. Worst case scenario he's no good. Best case scenario we might find a decent avenue to goal.
and hes 200cms now

Spot on, just let the guy develop in his role, don't start throwing curve balls at him 10 games into his career while he is trying to get established.
Spot on, it's enough that the guy has to cope with a plethora of high roosted balls coming in at a regular rate!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only knock on him really is his intensity around the ball which I believe was the knock on him at VFL level? Without tracking him closely, he got at better at that didn't he before coming to the seniors? Hopefully he will follow a similar path at AFL level.

Otherwise he's gaining confidence each week with ball in hand and I actually feel calm when he's mopping up. That cheeky banana that hit Bolton in the D50 was taking the piss.

The only knock on him really is his intensity around the ball which I believe was the knock on him at VFL level? Without tracking him closely, he got at better at that didn't he before coming to the seniors? Hopefully he will follow a similar path at AFL level.

Otherwise he's gaining confidence each week with ball in hand and I actually feel calm when he's mopping up. That cheeky banana that hit Bolton in the D50 was taking the piss.

Still building his tank and once his stamina improves any intensity around the ball issues should improve with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back