• 6 -> 10

Votes: 23 23.2%
  • 11 -> 15

Votes: 37 37.4%
  • 16+

Votes: 37 37.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You take offence when someone has a different opinion to you? Go outside and touch some grass

I'm not surprised by your comment Warhorse:..... in fact it was to be expected given the type of person I think you are. But no, I'm more than happy for someone to have their say, in fact I encourage it on the provision that they to some point can justify what they have to say accompanied with some rational thought, rather than some irresponsible and/or gibberish nonsense....'touch some grass'.

When I ran a business for many years Warhorse: I've been one of the very few bosses that's encouraged ALL of his/or her staff members to have a say with their own personal input towards the business 'every morning', 5 days a week in a 10 minute meeting and I'm talking about a number of staff members and because of this, sometimes the meetings could extend to 20 to 30 minutes of which the business ultimately benefited because staff members generally had everyone's best interests at stake, rather than just their own.

But I also did this to weed out and stop any negative staff members that to a some degree were either clueless or sh*t stirrers and eventually these certain individuals would be exposed to all and sundry within these 10 minute plus meetings for the who they really are.

Your 'constant' ridiculous, unnecessary and unjustified comments that you've made towards Tanner Bruhn reminds me of one of these ultra negative people that responds by irrational or unjustifiable comments to meet with your narrative. At present I don't know you Warhorse: but it's certainly hoped by me if you are going to have a go at a person like Tanner Bruhn please back it up with a greater and more rational thinking process.

It can be very difficult sometimes to enjoy a conversation on this board without it being interrupted by trolling, haughtiness and / or ignorance.
Here I was thinking that you didn't really enjoy conversations, if your constant negativity and cynicism in game day threads is to go by. The other night Brisbane were better, smarter, sharper and more incisive as far as late into the third quarter, and there were no further posts after that. Geelong a bunch of bumbling fools who got lucky once again.

The constant complaints in the injury thread. Writing off any veteran if they dare make a mistake or "look slow". You sure love your whipping boys too, but then go oddly quiet if they improve their form. More than a number of mocking and criticising Scott's selections, press conferences and general management of the team. And then you're more than happy to have non-descript jabs at others like the post I am quoting.

But sure, you are just a pleasant bloke looking to have good-natured interactions and enjoying the progress of the GFC.

This thread has meandered so far off course I feel like I was a Viking setting out to plunder Paris but got drunk and ended up a bodyguard to the Byzantine emperor somehow.

What are we talking about?
It's quickly descended into an airing of grievances.

An adored tradition of Festivus (apologies for those who miss this outdated reference), but I thought we weren't due that for a while.

This thread has meandered so far off course I feel like I was a Viking setting out to plunder Paris but got drunk and ended up a bodyguard to the Byzantine emperor somehow.

What are we talking about?
Something about measuring appendages.

Somehow, that would actually cause less debate than the prospects of Tanner Bruhns football career.

This is actually really tricky, as there will always be some pushback if Bruhn's contributions are praised (as, in their eyes it wasn't warranted). So we would have to be happy in silence. Then there's no point having a forum. So your proposed Utopian setting is admirable but unrealistic.

It can be very difficult sometimes to enjoy a conversation on this board without it being interrupted by trolling, haughtiness and / or ignorance.
I just get tired of having to sift through posts that are actually about Bruhn and his achievements

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just get tired of having to sift through posts that are actually about Bruhn and his achievements
At times I feel like our players - whether veterans, kids or players breaking into their prime - are not allowed to be praised unless their form is AA-worthy. If there was a button I could use to block a message's visibility from certain users, I would employ it.

I've never been afraid of a thread bump to re-toast players (especially maligned ones), but I accept there will usually be a level of policing when I do so.

Anyway, it appears most of us are happy with how Bruhn is tracking since he came to the club.

At times I feel like our players - whether veterans, kids or players breaking into their prime - are not allowed to be praised unless their form is AA-worthy. If there was a button I could use to block a message's visibility from certain users, I would employ it.

I've never been afraid of a thread bump to re-toast players (especially maligned ones), but I accept there will usually be a level of policing when I do so.

Anyway, it appears most of us are happy with how Bruhn is tracking since he came to the club.
Ah yes, but isn't being happy with any player who isn't the third coming of Ablett an acceptance of mediocrity?

Ok I'll see myself out

I’d be interested to see how Bruhn statistically compares to Chad Warner who is pretty universally considered a star in the making. Warner has similar size and attributes and is a year older.

I’d be interested to see how Bruhn statistically compares to Chad Warner who is pretty universally considered a star in the making. Warner has similar size and attributes and is a year older.
You can do it on the app. You can see Warner beats him in most numbers but the one they don't list is time on ground where Warner plays close to an extra quarter of footy over Bruhn

Screenshot_20240423_080734_AFL.jpg

Warner by age was ahead but was plugged straight into position while staying in the same club/system.

In midfield terms, Warner's outstanding 2022 (with 15 midfield games in the bank prior) is the year to compare to Bruhn's 2024 (19 midfield games banked in 2023). Fairly similar stats except Bruhn 2024 has a significant clearance/tackle edge while Warner's 2022 scoring metrics (goals/assists) were much higher. Then of course there is Warner's 85% game time compared to Bruhn's 65%, which we can all argue till the cows come home whether it represents Bruhn's tank not being ready or Scott simply wanting to play extra midfielders while rotating them off the field a lot more.

You can do it on the app. You can see Warner beats him in most numbers but the one they don't list is time on ground where Warner plays close to an extra quarter of footy over Bruhn

View attachment 1967871

Maybe I misread your post, but they do list time on ground? Looks like Bruhn 63% vs Warner 81%.

That said, not really a fair comparison - the stats show they're playing different roles. Warner more outside, run-and-carry and Bruhn more contested, inside mid.

So while I'd happily have Warner in a heart-beat (his 2022 GF game was elite when the rest of his team was spudding it up on an epic scale), I don't think they'd be competing for the same spot.

Warner by age was ahead but was plugged straight into position while staying in the same club/system.

In midfield terms, Warner's outstanding 2022 (with 15 midfield games in the bank prior) is the year to compare to Bruhn's 2024 (19 midfield games banked in 2023). Fairly similar stats except Bruhn 2024 has a significant clearance/tackle edge while Warner's 2022 scoring metrics (goals/assists) were much higher. Then of course there is Warner's 85% game time compared to Bruhn's 65%, which we can all argue till the cows come home whether it represents Bruhn's tank not being ready or Scott simply wanting to play extra midfielders while rotating them off the field a lot more.

As you're probably aware Mr Meow: I'm not so much into stats but rather just to be used as a guide. Chad for varying reasons as a mid has been more advanced than Tanner with his 2022 Grand Final performance against The Cats quite remarkable for someone so young and has a excellent balance to his play in regards to being a inside to outside player and he's also encouraged by his coach to press forward, hence him hitting the score board as where with Tanner because of Geelong's potent forward line he's not asked to do that nearly as frequently, his main role at present is the in-tight contested ball with his outside game still work in progress. This is where certain stats can be somewhat misleading both defensively and offensively given the roles and tasks that a given player is asked to perform. Geelong's glaring weakness at start of year was their midfield, so Scotty has devised a plan for our young midfield, including Tanner to play 10 to 20% less midfield time than most mid's in comp but as a collective unit The Cats mids would be fresher at hitting the contest over the course of entire game which would also help with their defensive side of the contest as well which is not to be underestimated.

Bottom line is Chad has certainly been the better player to this point of his career but Tanner is making great progress and both clubs would be over the moon with their players current progress. Finally Mr Meow: if both Chad and Tanner both lined up in the middle in a game tomorrow against each other what would be the outcome?..... I'd back Tanner in tight and Chad on the outside but preferably I'd love to have both of them in my side because they're both going to be fabulous footballers for their clubs for many years to come.

Last edited:
Maybe I misread your post, but they do list time on ground? Looks like Bruhn 63% vs Warner 81%.

That said, not really a fair comparison - the stats show they're playing different roles. Warner more outside, run-and-carry and Bruhn more contested, inside mid.

So while I'd happily have Warner in a heart-beat (his 2022 GF game was elite when the rest of his team was spudding it up on an epic scale), I don't think they'd be competing for the same spot.
Yeah missed the ToG% line when I skimmed it.

Still the 18% difference is nearly the same as a full quarter of football for Warner at 81% ToG%

Warner is, just by eye, a better-rounded player. That said, Bruhn now seems to play a very specific and set role at AFL level and doesn't get to branch out that much.

Back