• 6 -> 10

Votes: 23 23.2%
  • 11 -> 15

Votes: 37 37.4%
  • 16+

Votes: 37 37.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

CS said all player contracts are dealt with individually, i.e. one player's contract doesn't depend on any other player's contract. It's more likely Bruhn is trying to lift his stocks to get a better deal, e.g. a B&F would add $$$.
It's nice to say in theory but salary cap is not an individual metric

CS said all player contracts are dealt with individually, i.e. one player's contract doesn't depend on any other player's contract. It's more likely Bruhn is trying to lift his stocks to get a better deal, e.g. a B&F would add $$$.
Don't they all have player managers these days? A manager is gonna advise not signing anything no matter what until the very end. Bigger payday for the player equals bigger percentage for the manager. Help me help you show me the money. All that stuff.

Are you ok? Did you even read the context of the previous message before smashing that on the keyboard?

Has tanner ever won a game off his own boot?

No. A moronic take would be calling him Bruhnlow, a gun or star based on a a 20 touch 50% DE game as a midfielder. This thread was bumped by others based on his game against Brisbane. I certainly didn't think his game was bump worthy and I didn't feel the need to bump this thread after his average last couple of games.
1713761519814.png

Don't they all have player managers these days? A manager is gonna advise not signing anything no matter what until the very end. Bigger payday for the player equals bigger percentage for the manager. Help me help you show me the money. All that stuff.

That didn't pan out all that well for Doedee last year. Sometimes it's best to know the $$$ you want and take it when it's there, rather than trying to squeeze every drop of blood from the stone.

Threads like this really rreeaaalllllyyyy show up those David King types who use stats to base their football opinions around

Are you ok? Did you even read the context of the previous message before smashing that on the keyboard?

No. A moronic take would be calling him Bruhnlow, a gun or star based on a a 20 touch 50% DE game as a midfielder. This thread was bumped by others based on his game against Brisbane. I certainly didn't think his game was bump worthy and I didn't feel the need to bump this thread after his average last couple of games.
Bridgey has taken Bruhn's improvement and development with a lot more grace and class. However since you are appearing seriously annoyed I will stop referencing those who wrote him off and seem intent on doubling down.

You don't rate him and I doubt you ever will, so perhaps you've said all you need to say in this thread.

Bridgey has taken Bruhn's improvement and development with a lot more grace and class. However since you are appearing seriously annoyed I will stop referencing those who wrote him off and seem intent on doubling down.

You don't rate him and I doubt you ever will, so perhaps you've said all you need to say in this thread.
Being right on the internets is very serious bizness for some

Warhorse was my wingman in the early days regarding Bruhn, and I'll forever appreciate him for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A reminder of the part of 'Terms of Service Summary and Community Rules' - particularly the bolded

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which:

• is dangerous to health, anti-vax, Covid denial etc,
  • is hateful, including sympathetic discussion of far-right/neo-Nazi tropes,
  • misinformation or disinformation,
  • defamatory,
  • threatening,
  • abusive,
  • bigotry,
  • likely to offend,
  • is spam or spam-like,
  • contains adult or objectionable content,
  • risks copyright infringement,
  • encourages unlawful activity (including illegal drug use, buying, selling etc),
  • or otherwise violates any laws,
  • or contains personal information of others,

We know that not all posters will agree on all points, that not everyone will be friends and get along, nor do mods expect that to be three case

It's what makes this place generally enjoyable to chat & banter about the footy & Geelong, where we share our opinions, often of different POVs, debate the multiple sides of the discussion etc

BUT we do draw the line at unnecessary & childish behaviour when you don't agree with another poster/s - personal swipes, insults, put downs etc are not on & won't be accepted

IF you don't agree with or like what another had said, discuss/debate like adults and if you can't do that then move on

IF you genuinely believe what's been posted constitutes troll like behaviour, report the post, allow the mod team to deal with it and move on

• likely to offend

I take offence to someone who doesn't know what he's talking about, as unfortunately some guys just happen to be clueless or rather have a vendetta against a certain player of which he has no justifiable claim to do so. And no, it's not a 'moronic take' by me when I say Tanner Bruhn is going to be a gun footballer whether it was viewed from last Saturday nights game against Brisbane Lions or any other game that he has played for the Geelong...... GO CATS

• likely to offend

I take offence to someone who doesn't know what he's talking about, as unfortunately some guys just happen to be clueless or rather have a vendetta against a certain player of which he has no justifiable claim to do so. And no, it's not a 'moronic take' by me when I say Tanner Bruhn is going to be a gun footballer whether it was viewed from last Saturday nights game against Brisbane Lions or any other game that he has played for the Geelong...... GO CATS
You take offence when someone has a different opinion to you? Go outside and touch some grass

I certainly wouldn't see the need to come on here chest beating over 20 touches @ 50% disposal efficiency.
Stripping his game back to number of disposals and efficiency is just a tad disengenuous though. 21 disposals is a little low for a fulltime mid but understandable since he only had 58% time on ground, it seems all our inside mids spend a lot of time rotating off the ground. He had less disposals than Bowes, but more than Parfitt, Atkins and the same as Danger. He also had a team high 9 tackles, 10 contested possessions and a team high 7 clearances. Those three stats are way more important than disposal effiiciency for an inside mid on a wet night.

Reducing his game to 20 touches @ 50% efficiency is like stripping a forward's 6 goal game down to: 'he only got six kicks'.

Gotta pump those numbers up. Those are rookie numbers in this racket. I myself, I offend people at least 99% of the time.

Matthew Mcconaughey Chest Thump GIF by Paramount Movies

Can we stop the dick measuring contest and just be happy we have some good youth ?
This is actually really tricky, as there will always be some pushback if Bruhn's contributions are praised (as, in their eyes it wasn't warranted). So we would have to be happy in silence. Then there's no point having a forum. So your proposed Utopian setting is admirable but unrealistic.

Back