• 6 -> 10

Votes: 23 23.2%
  • 11 -> 15

Votes: 37 37.4%
  • 16+

Votes: 37 37.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No comment after the previous 2 games? When geelong got on top in the last against Brisbane, Tanner was riding the pine 😀
Per game this season Bruhn is going at:

21 disposals
9 contested possesions
6 clearances
4 inside 50s
5 score involvements

I can tell you that we have had some exceptional midfielders over the years who weren't putting these numbers up about 50 games in (30 as a midfielder).

He has big upside from here. That much is obvious to those who have tracked his improvement compared to 12 months ago.

You could criticise his tank regarding the time on ground if there weren't a few midfielders of all ages managed in a similar. We have 5 or so midfielders who go at 20 touches a game with less minutes, while most teams have 3 or 4 who are mid 20s or over. It's working. And so is Bruhn as a developing midfielder in our team.

Our midfield is getting smashed every week and Tanner is a key component of that midfield. Scott has found a way of winning. Will it last? Who knows.

Winning certainly papers over the cracks and will be interesting if everyone turns on the midfielders when/if we lose
I mean no offence by this, but people who judge a midfield merely on its top liners disposal/clearance numbers alone have a fairly shallow understanding of the game.

There are so many ineffectual accumulators in the AFL and a bunch of midfields that run out of legs as the game progresses. Our pressure has been elite, which blunts the impact of opposition possessions around stoppages. Then the defenders get to work and our midfielders have been surprisingly influential on transition.

But I get that you will just keep doubling down on this topic no matter what happens.

Our midfield is getting smashed every week and Tanner is a key component of that midfield. Scott has found a way of winning. Will it last? Who knows.

Winning certainly papers over the cracks and will be interesting if everyone turns on the midfielders when/if we lose
Yeah but specific to Bruhn it feels like two conversations speaking at cross purposes.

He isn't a Brownlow contender single handedly pulling us into contention

He is a kid we got for a pick in the 20s who is visibly and continuously improving and playing a vital role we sorely need.

Judging him harshly sounds like expecting us to land Harley Reid for a Darcy Lang pick

Yeah but specific to Bruhn it feels like two conversations speaking at cross purposes.

He is a kid we got for a pick in the 20s who is visibly and continuously improving and playing a vital role we sorely need.

Judging him harshly sounds like expecting us to land Harley Reid for a Darcy Lang pick
They'll be teamates at some point so we can worry about the comparison then.

I don't think I have been that harsh is 2024. I have said he is much improved. He has been called 'a gun', star and 'future captain material and Bruhnlow.

Right now that is not what he is. I am calling what he is currently - a starting midfielder who is only just achieving the minimum standard (imo). If you disagree that's good and I don't have a problem with that. I certainly wouldn't see the need to come on here chest beating over 20 touches @ 50% disposal efficiency.

I don't think I have been that harsh is 2024. I have said he is much improved. He has been called 'a gun', star and 'future captain material and Bruhnlow.

Right now that is not what he is. I am calling what he is currently - a starting midfielder who is only just achieving the minimum standard (imo). If you disagree that's good and I don't have a problem with that. I certainly wouldn't see the need to come on here chest beating over 20 touches @ 50% disposal efficiency.
Lol most of that has been in the last month, and it's been in response to people like you writing him off.

You've been on this bandwagon long before anybody started saying anything outrageous.

Minimum standard ??????
He is on par with most of the best 21 and under inside midfielders in the game this year
You need to access him against players playing the same roles and taking into consideration the amount of time they spend on the field

Warhorse: sounds like your sitting on the fence at best in regards to Tanner Bruhn. Hmmm future captain and Bruhnlow, I'm his biggest fan and I haven't heard those two comments before but for sure I reckon he'll be a gun and a future top class footballer, knew that before he played a single game for us, the same as Toby Conway will one day be in the top 3 ruckman in the AFL and I can go on with a few more like Ollie Dempsey but I won't. Thank goodness we have guys at the club like Wellsy that don't sit on the fence but rather back their judgement while having one arm tied behind their back courtesy of AFL. PS - It's easy to be a fence sitter, the world's full of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah he’s well above minimum standard. He’s tracking above average for any midfielder and adjusted for a 21 y.o he’s tracking just below the elite level and pretty similar to a peer like Chad Warner. He does need to lift that disposal efficiency into the 70’s if he wants to be one of the best in the league though.

Well it’s not, is it, it’s just below 65 per cent disposal efficiency and that includes a game played in a lagoon.

I was referring to the Brisbane game - 47% disposal efficiency
in a ******* monsoon.

So in massively wet conditions you wanna pick that out.

Ok

GO Catters

in a ******* monsoon.

So in massively wet conditions you wanna pick that out.

Ok

GO Catters
Are you ok? Did you even read the context of the previous message before smashing that on the keyboard?
Tanner wins a game off his own boot.

"He's a selfish player who cares about his own performance and didn't bring his team-mates into the game!!" (Warhorse, probably)
Has tanner ever won a game off his own boot?
That is just a moronic take... It was a wet game in which we tried to get it forward at all costs of course disposal efficiency would suffer
No. A moronic take would be calling him Bruhnlow, a gun or star based on a a 20 touch 50% DE game as a midfielder. This thread was bumped by others based on his game against Brisbane. I certainly didn't think his game was bump worthy and I didn't feel the need to bump this thread after his average last couple of games.

Back