Toast Welcome To Freo Cooper Simpson (pick 35 2023 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just the regulars that wear a dummy on a chain for convenience.
We have had very little impact from the players who had played sub for us this year. In many ways we need someone who can play that role effectively in 2024. Cooper could actually play a really important role if he plays as a sub when most are available. He's competing with Emmett and Walters I think for a place in the best 22 if everyones available.

We have had very little impact from the players who had played sub for us this year. In many ways we need someone who can play that role effectively in 2024. Cooper could actually play a really important role if he plays as a sub when most are available. He's competing with Emmett and Walters I think for a place in the best 22 if everyones available.
I’d like to see him and Emmett swap, with Emmett going sub.

My hot take is that we would still be undefeated if he had played since round 1.

The class in the possessions to Voss and Banfield had me as excited as anything all game. Can't wait to watch him build through the year.

I am not sure we would be undefeated, I do think he would have been the difference in at least one of the Adelaide games.

I can't wait to see him in at centre bounces later in the year and next season. Just glimpses here and there please. The rest of the time he can play HFF and cut teams to ribbons.

Looked nice. Don’t think the performance warranted the dummy spits about him starting as sub though

I don’t get people complaining about a player debuting as sub tbh.

Only time I’d complain is if the decision of who’s sub is basically if it’s borderline tanking but JL is too stupid to see it. Hasn’t happened yet btw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has a bit of Shai Bolton in how he moves.
Low to the ground.
A sidestep that made me fall off the couch.
Poise.
Hope he stays in the team. 8-10 touches by this guy will be class.

When he cut inside and nailed the dainty little kick into Banfield, fair dinkum.

Beavis And Butthead Comedy GIF by Paramount+

Someone else said it here - but the acceleration and quick steps he showed looked far more like Shai Bolton than Shuey or Butters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back