Toast Welcome To Freo Cooper Simpson (pick 35 2023 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah there’s not another small with pace on the list. All other options rely on playing people who are underdone (Driz) and disrupting things that are working well (midfield, banners playing wing). Get Simpson in and just tell him to chase and harass for four quarters. He’s a perfect swap for switta.
WAFL starts in 20mins, let’s see how he goes at that level first. If we pull him out at 3/4 time I reckon he’ll be on the plane pretty soon.

Yeah there’s not another small with pace on the list. All other options rely on playing people who are underdone (Driz) and disrupting things that are working well (midfield, banners playing wing). Get Simpson in and just tell him to chase and harass for four quarters. He’s a perfect swap for switta.
Hopefully if Simpson plays OK and with Jackson down there instead of tabs, there won’t be a horrific drop in pressure in the front half. That’s the real danger

Maybe we Mid season draft Freddie’s brother who is playing for Claremont now.
I’m pretty sure he was very close to playing the first few weeks anyway but copped a couple of hits. If you read into team sheets, he’s been named in emergencies like every game

Surely peope aren't serious when they suggest a first year player might debut early in the season having missed the previous week in the WAFL.

Hell I don't think Simpson has completed a full game yet without coming off injured.
I think they are deadly serious . Lol

Although, I'm not dead set against it, I'm sure the coaching staff know where he is at and not looking at potential

Think he is getting bit of reality check in WAFL in first two games getting smashed so can't imagine how'd it be with AFL players. Confidence might be damaged

Surely peope aren't serious when they suggest a first year player might debut early in the season having missed the previous week in the WAFL.

Hell I don't think Simpson has completed a full game yet without coming off injured.
Don't think many have suggested it this week, maybe as sub

Last week was the chance but then switta got up and he didn't play WAFL

Tommy Emmet can be dog poo in the WAFL and come in and play like a champion. Bring on Simmo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nickname?

“Homer” or “A” (as in ‘ey?) seem the prime candidates, but I was thinking “Mini” is a possibility too.

Season 4 Boss GIF by The Simpsons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back