Toast Welcome to Fit Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Bump.

Now 86kg and flying. Exercising 6 days a week and feeling better than ever. Bloody expensive buying new clothes all the time but it's pretty cool to go in and know you can get a shirt that doesn't have X in the size. I'm an easy M/L now which is so cool.
Well done. That's great outcome.

that's huge! well done - so that's 30 odd kgs since the surgery?

I'm still hovering right on 100kg - sometimes bit under sometimes bit over - I dont seem to lose much weight at all but I definitely look leaner and even just last night someone at work said I look like i've lost weight

i guess it aint always just about the numbers - but gym three times a week plus a 30 min run is doing some kind of trick

Next weekend go down to Tassie to walk the Overland trail across Cradle Mountain - should be a good fitness test :D

I've started calorie counting , I've been hitting the gym which has transformed my build but the old Kgs haven't dropped.
Muscle weighs more.

I'm not guru but intermittent fasting works, plus limit carbs. I do 16-8 to 18-6. Basically don't eat after dinner until lunch. If you stick to it you'll shed the kgs. That means no milk in your morning coffee.

Also do you measure your waist? That will tell you if you've lost fat
I don't , I was actually genuinely interested in how many I was consuming.

I've put on close to 15kg is muscle since going to the gym , very much replaced fat.

But I couldn't work out why I still had fat reserves I didn't want.

Tell you what I was shocked at how quickly calories added up for small things like Macadamia nuts plus things that are sold as healthy that are far from it.

I like Wasabi peas...peas FFS , as many calories as potatoe chips.

I don't , I was actually genuinely interested in how many I was consuming.

I've put on close to 15kg is muscle since going to the gym , very much replaced fat.

But I couldn't work out why I still had fat reserves I didn't want.

Tell you what I was shocked at how quickly calories added up for small things like Macadamia nuts plus things that are sold as healthy that are far from it.

I like Wasabi peas...peas FFS , as many calories as potatoe chips.
Chips are my weakness, I know how bad they are but love them. If if avoid them, do my intermittent fasting and eat well I shed the w weight. I’m reasonably happy with my weight. I used to be 100-105 for over 20 years, now I’m 93-95 depending on how bad I’m eating or drinking. Could easily get to 90-91 if I was disciplined.

Chips are my weakness, I know how bad they are but love them. If if avoid them, do my intermittent fasting and eat well I shed the w weight. I’m reasonably happy with my weight. I used to be 100-105 for over 20 years, now I’m 93-95 depending on how bad I’m eating or drinking. Could easily get to 90-91 if I was disciplined.
See that is probably the bit about trying to calorie count I like.

Want a few beers, just don't eat poorly for the day and you've got space.

Not sure how long I'll do it, but it's been an interesting exercise.

Not sure I'll ever willingly eat chocolate or hot chips again though (and probably not the other type)

I can have a beer instead of a handful of chips 🤣

See that is probably the bit about trying to calorie count I like.

Want a few beers, just don't eat poorly for the day and you've got space.

Not sure how long I'll do it, but it's been an interesting exercise.

Not sure I'll ever willingly eat chocolate or hot chips again though (and probably not the other type)

I can have a beer instead of a handful of chips 🤣
Yeah I’ve done that before, use my fitness pal, does guilt you into not eating s**t

Random piece of info.

Freezing bread before you eat it, reduces the amount of calories the bread has.

*has for dumbshits out there I was referring to how many calories you absorb, which should have been fairly obvious in the context of the discussion of calorie counting. But I'm aware we have all sorts on this board.

Last edited:
Are you serious? Where did you hear that and by how much?
That seems to be a source

Few articles out there from legit places like the BBC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That seems to be a source

Few articles out there from legit places like the BBC

you are misunderstanding what glycaemic index is.

the article re glycaemic index has nothing to do with calorie volume in food. Which was the context that you posted it under.
I've merely provided the study on which articles have been written.

When I said how many calories the bread has I meant what we are able to absorb because that's what you are counting.

Last edited:
Still maintaining around the 95kgs mark but am a hell of a lot fitter and more muscle. Strength and cardio training in the regular gym classes with PT who also pushes you all the way certainly helps. Core strength now evident.

Resting heart rate is now at 53 bpm.

Did an exercise of limited sugar intake for 3 days (limited carbs). Interesting.

Still maintaining around the 95kgs mark but am a hell of a lot fitter and more muscle. Strength and cardio training in the regular gym classes with PT who also pushes you all the way certainly helps. Core strength now evident.

Resting heart rate is now at 53 bpm.

Did an exercise of limited sugar intake for 3 days (limited carbs). Interesting.
Good work and well done for sticking at it. The whole muscle is more dense than fat is something to get your head around, I go with what clothes I fit to save the angst 🤣

I'm impressed with the carbs though I love them too much to go without (baked potatoes in winter anyone)

Good work and well done for sticking at it. The whole muscle is more dense than fat is something to get your head around, I go with what clothes I fit to save the angst 🤣

I'm impressed with the carbs though I love them too much to go without (baked potatoes in winter anyone)

Agree with clothes fit as a good guide. Fit comfortably now into L rather than XXL.

Couple of sessions

E74528D2-82B7-4543-B4B8-F1DA7D9BB184.jpeg D8BE7E92-9DCA-43A8-8D55-F8D411E1CA65.jpeg

A knee injury on the Overland hike and then finally getting covid had put me back to square one cardio wise - sticking with weights and strength but it buggers me as if I've done a big cardio session

Saw someone recently for first time in ages, first thing they said was i had lost weight so I'll take that every time

A knee injury on the Overland hike and then finally getting covid had put me back to square one cardio wise - sticking with weights and strength but it buggers me as if I've done a big cardio session

Saw someone recently for first time in ages, first thing they said was i had lost weight so I'll take that every time
I don't think I've bothered with cardio for over 12 months.

Weights only for me and have had no hassles maintaining weight.

That seems quite the workout.

You are far more organised than me.

I’m a routine individual. I might be retired but 4 mornings a week (Mon/Tue/Thur/Fri) I rise at 5.30am to get to the Summitt/HIIT class by 6.30am. Then I hit the sauna and spa (recovery), shower then a breakfast of poached eggs and grilled tomato with a latte. I’m all done by 8.45am and ready to hit the day.

Next Gen might be more expensive than most gyms but it ticks all the boxes and is handy for car parking at Adelaide Oval for the footy.

I’m a routine individual. I might be retired but 4 mornings a week (Mon/Tue/Thur/Fri) I rise at 5.30am to get to the Summitt/HIIT class by 6.30am. Then I hit the sauna and spa (recovery), shower then a breakfast of poached eggs and grilled tomato with a latte. I’m all done by 8.45am and ready to hit the day.

Next Gen might be more expensive than most gyms but it ticks all the boxes and is handy for car parking at Adelaide Oval for the footy.
I've heard Next Gen is good.
I go Good Life can't quite stomach the Next Gen fee and Good Life is 5 mins away.

In also a 5.30am risier , 4 to 5 times a week

Love it, gets the day going, always look forward to that coffee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back