Toast Welcome to Fit Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
The first rule of Fit Club is, you do not talk about Fit Club.
The second rule of Fit Club is, you post about it here instead.

There's so much talk about losing weight and such in the non-AFL thread, I thought I'd create a specific thread here so we could share our stories etc. and support each other as we attain perfection struggle to make ourselves that little bit fitter.

Tell us your stories, what you're doing, your highs, your lows, your ups, your downs, your tips, your tricks.

http://www.healthyfoodguide.com.au/resources/nutrition-guidelines

(Calorie counts are down the bottom)

http://www.calorieking.com.au/

(to see what's going on with what you're eating)

Here's me at the gym:

Arnold_Schwarzenegger_Posing_Waden.jpg

(that's me on the left)

Last edited:
Do any of you have a FitBit?

I have a Charge, I love it just for the sleep function, I'm finally seeing what kind of sleep I get and adjusting. The Step thing is nice but I've only managed 10,000 a few times since I got it for Xmas.

Do any of you have a FitBit?

I have a Charge, I love it just for the sleep function, I'm finally seeing what kind of sleep I get and adjusting. The Step thing is nice but I've only managed 10,000 a few times since I got it for Xmas.
I got a TomTom one that acts the same, plus it has a GPS tracker and all that in it. It's quite good, got Bluetooth on it so I can sync it to the Iphone app quite easily.

subscribed

don't have a fitbit, but do have some sort of app on my Samsung phone that tracks stuff.

also, might be fun to do start weight, goal weight etc

so, heres me

start weight - 140kg
height - 182cm

goal weight - 90kg

current weight - 129kg

routine
at the moment, I walk, usually at dusk. there's a park and wetlands at the end of my street. I walk along the path there until I hit the main road, then turn around and come home. I try and run the last section from the top of my street to my driveway, I've nearly got to the end. I need to focus more on the stuff I eat. not really a fan of veggies and love meat too much

why did I start??
I went on my long delayed honeymoon in September to the Gold Coast. Did a theme park holiday with my wife. 2 rides at dreamworld I couldn't ride because I was too fat. was easily one of the most embarrassing moments of my life

I lost my FitBit at the footy last year :( Got a cheap thing off a Scoopon type deal, and it would randomly reset itself during the day (and lose all information), so I'm wristless at the moment.

I want to lose 10% of my weight. Did Lite & Easy for 2 years. The first year I got to my goal weight, the 2nd year I went back to my original weight. Been off for 4 months now, and floating around starting weight.

I'm doing a Mud Run on Sat/Sun to get myself back into moving.

I downloaded a music app "Rock My Run" which looks good - just haven't used it yet.

Following Smoothy's numbers:

start weight - 101kg
height - 180cm ish
goal weight - 90kg (I've seen it, and it's great!)

current weight - 100kg

I'm sort of active. Play indoor soccer once a week - walk the dog regularly.

Food & beer are my vices.

not really a fan of veggies and love meat too much

Have you tried Atkins then? It's all about eating meat! I haven't, cos carbs taste great.

I'm not one to try fad diets, believing more in a balanced diet overall, but doing this could kickstart you, starting seeing good results and motivate.

I lost a few kgs before my wedding doing 2-3 weeks on shakes.

Last edited:
subscribed

don't have a fitbit, but do have some sort of app on my Samsung phone that tracks stuff.

also, might be fun to do start weight, goal weight etc

so, heres me

start weight - 140kg
height - 182cm

goal weight - 90kg

current weight - 129kg

routine
at the moment, I walk, usually at dusk. there's a park and wetlands at the end of my street. I walk along the path there until I hit the main road, then turn around and come home. I try and run the last section from the top of my street to my driveway, I've nearly got to the end. I need to focus more on the stuff I eat. not really a fan of veggies and love meat too much

why did I start??
I went on my long delayed honeymoon in September to the Gold Coast. Did a theme park holiday with my wife. 2 rides at dreamworld I couldn't ride because I was too fat. was easily one of the most embarrassing moments of my life
Great stuff Smoothy. Good luck with it!!

start weight - 85kg probably, i will have to weigh myself to be sure, will do it tonight
height - 177cm-ish
goal weight - 70kg
current weight - 85kg

Indoor cricket once a week - an hour and a half of irregular sprint, followed by an hour and a half of beers at the bar.

Coca-Cola used to be my vice. I once stopped drinking Coke for two and a half years; also stopped eating McDonalds for ten years (still ate everywhere else, it was a political protest, not a food protest) and stopped drinking for a year, just to see if i could do it (i did). Also did martial arts for probably seven years twice a week.

More stress at work as my career progressed, left less time to do more important stuff like be fit. So, early last year started again. Got down to about 75kg, then put the diet on pause for a moment and forgot to unpause. All of a sudden, back where i started.

Eating lunch at work right now. Brown rice with a beef spaghetti sauce with onions i cooked last night. Dinner tonight will be rabbit food with fried chicken after i get back from the gym.

My problem: soft drink, lots of carbs, love chocolate. Switching to water and low fat milk, cutting out carbs, no more chocolate until i achieve goal. Minimal booze too. I only really have a drink at indoor cricket, so I won't bother having one this week (about to cancel tomorrow night as i can't fill the team)

2 rides at dreamworld I couldn't ride because I was too fat. was easily one of the most embarrassing moments of my life

Seriously? Ouch. Keep at it dude.

Funny thing, you've got Jim Carrey from Me, Myself & Irene as your avatar, I'd automatically thought you'd be as rail-thin in real life as he was in that movie.

I'm getting in on this too. I don't know what fitbit is. But it sounds like I should. My weight has been out of control since I separated from my wife a couple of years ago. Was about 95kgs at the time. I'm pretty sure I've hit 110 along the way, but can keep it pretty much under that most of the time. Even when I was 18-19-20 and partying all weekend, I barely got below 90kgs, so I know I'm a bigger body type, and it's hard to keep control.

Following Smoothy's numbers:

start weight - 110kg
height - 182cm
goal weight - 90kg

current weight - 105kg

I'm sick of not having any energy to spend decent outside time with the kids, so I quit smoking three weeks ago, and alcohol is pretty much minmal consumption, i.e. maybe 2-3 drinks per week. When I don't have the kids I have started eating lite'n'easy meals, but when I have the kids I find it hard not to get take-away. Not a great way to bring up kids. I'm also trying to minimise bread and sugar.

My vice is food.

Starting weight - 110kgs
Height - 177cm
Goal weight - 85-86kg
Current weight - 89.5kgs and have trimmed 6cms off my waistline.

I do have a Fit Bit HR which I bought a couple of months after my heart attack primarily so I could monitor my heart rate but it does focus me on my food intake and exercising. Aim for 10,000 steps per day and have lost my gut. Go to gym (cardio and bike) at least 3-4 times a week.

What was the trigger? My father passed away suddenly in Oct 2012 at 77yo. I took stock but didn't modify my life enough and then the stress of my job (business finance manager with one of the big 4) and put my hand up and in August 2014 I took 11 months long service leave, went overseas 4 times had a heart attack in there as well and hit the gym. Went back to work in July last year and took a step back from being a business finance manager and now an assistant to one. I sleep better, I don't have the stress and I' m eating better and exercising.

My vice is red wine and have a few beers as well (low carb) each week. Can't remember the last time I had McDonalds, Hungry Jacks, KFC - if it fast food it's Subway or Nandos.

Last edited:
Height 180cm
Current weight 78.5

I have to keep that way for work - came back from overseas last year at 76 which was unders, but one decent Xmas and it was 79.

I do have an interest as maintaining that weight isn't easy, it's a day in day out commitment or I'm the kind who will put on 10kg in a blink.

If you can ex regularly and restrict the following 3 things you will be well on the way;

Bread of any kind
Red meat
Alcohol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously? Ouch. Keep at it dude.

Funny thing, you've got Jim Carrey from Me, Myself & Irene as your avatar, I'd automatically thought you'd be as rail-thin in real life as he was in that movie.
ha. I like what avatars do for peoples opinion. I used to be a hot chick that hung out in F1 paddocks

(business finance manager with one of the big 4)

Ouch. Welcome to Stressville, population you. Can't think of anything worse.

ha. I like what avatars do for peoples opinion. I used to be a hot chick that hung out in F1 paddocks

Yeah, i liked you more then.

height 181cm
start weight 105kg
current weight 100kg
target weight 90kg

Have given up the added sugar I was consuming (1L coke per day) and limiting the carbs (not very well) whilst adding good fats like olive oil , avocado and butter.

Started January 1st this year.I would be stoked if I could get it down at 5kg a month but I think I may have hit a plateau so will have to really look at the calories now. My current diet isn't strict but I just eat from a list of foods in general without limiting the amount I eat.

Have been going to the gym three times a week since Jan 1 doing group PT with no weights but now that is finished I will start doing 20 mins treadmill and some weights 3 times a week. It may make me a little heavier in the short term but should be able to cut down to 90kg even whilst adding a little muscle.

Last edited:
height 181cm
start weight 105kg
current weight 100kg
target weight 90kg

Have given up the added sugar I was consuming (1L coke per day) and limiting the carbs (not very well) whilst adding good fats like olive oil , avocado and butter.

Started January 1st this year.I would be stoked if I could get it down at 5kg a month but I think I may have hit a plateau so will have to really look at the calories now. My current diet isn't strict but I just eat from a list of foods in general without limiting the amount I eat.

Have been going to the gym three times a week since Jan 1 doing group PT with no weights but now that is finished I will start doing 20 mins treadmill and some weights 3 times a week. It may make me a little heavier in the short term but should be able to cut down to 90kg even whilst adding a little muscle.
On the right track.

Walking on the treadmill should help a lot and try to work up an intermittent jog. Even 5 mins walk then 1 minute run is good.

Try and chuck in a protein bar once a day for morning or afternoon tea. The added protein helps weight loss. Also the weights cause muscle to burn cals for up to 24 hours after the session so well worth the effort to aid weight loss.

Just try and keep the cals at 1800-2000 per day (take of 300 for cals burned in an average day) .

Good luck!!

On the right track.

Walking on the treadmill should help a lot and try to work up an intermittent jog. Even 5 mins walk then 1 minute run is good.

Try and chuck in a protein bar once a day for morning or afternoon tea. The added protein helps weight loss. Also the weights cause muscle to burn cals for up to 24 hours after the session so well worth the effort to aid weight loss.

Just try and keep the cals at 1800-2000 per day (take of 300 for cals burned in an average day) .

Good luck!!
My diet includes protein three times a day. On the treadmill I do 1 minute intervals of 10km/hr and 7km/hr. I know that my best results in the past have been by lifting weights rather than just treadmill. Though diet is 80% of the work.

At my biggest i was 132kgs

Now at 112

Got to 104 last year, went overseas and it all went downhill....

Trying to limit carbs at night with dinner and stop snacking after dinner. Moved back to SA and am living in an area with lots of hills and stuff. So will get back to walking more with the dog and running eventually. Problem is my degen knees :( Have an issue where i have excess cartilage and they tend to make my knees lock up and then swell severly at times

Target is 99kgs. Am 185cms

checked, i'm 84.7kg, WiiFit says i'm 9 kilos heavier than the last time I logged in, ouch.

So yes, half an hour on the cross-trainer, then bench press, cable flys, hanging crunches, tricep press, like a boss*, plus 10,000 steps on the FitBit or some such nonsense.

Then home for a salad made of cos lettuce, shaved carrots, capsicum, and fried chicken covered in peri peri flakes. Yum. Usually there'd be feta too but the feta in the fridge last night did not smell like feta should.

This morning breakfast was a banana in the car, and i'm about to drink some water. Yum.

Did everyone else eat properly last night?

*two fit attractive young women came in right after i started my workout, so i had to make it look good, because at any moment they could turn and say, "damn you look hot", although it would be more likely they'd say "hey creepy old guy, stopping looking at us you pervert, you're disgusting"

My breakfast usually is what I call Dan's famous liquid breakfast. 1x vanilla up&go, 1x 500ml glass of water incl berocca, 1x 500ml glass of water.

Then I have a coffee at 10am, followed by an apple at 11am, yogurt at 12, lunch (couple of sandwiches/wraps) at 1, museli bar at 2, carrot at 3, and about 10 glasses of water throughout the day. Dinner is what I said in my first post.

I actually think I eat pretty well. It's my sedentary lifestyle that kills me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back