VFL VFL - Sandringham v Coburg, Saturday 2pm @ TBBO

Remove this Banner Ad

See, you and I differ BM; he's never going to be that kind of predictable player. IMO, that's his strength.

I thought his second efforts were just fine and there's no harm at all in finding out whether he's up to challenge by throwing him into it.

Last edited:

The gap between his good and bad is huge.... At times today he was terrible, other times pretty good.

His effort is inconsistent and ATM he is unreliable in the contest. Has some realathletic gifts, but must be more predictable to his team.

I would not prote him, until he improves his second efforts,defensive efforts and is more efficient

A lot of people said earlier this year that Lee plays better in seniors than reserves. Never know White could be the same.
Need to give him a taste of it this year IMO (for development purposes) and should be rewarded for a 5 goal haul plus a few goals over last couple of weeks. Rather than just gifting him a game for the sake of it. Sends the message that good performances will get u a call up and make him hungry to play well for rest of season and into 2015.

Goals.

There are more factors to performance.

point was missed on predictability.... I was referring to predictability wrt effort in a contest, or how easily he lets his opponents work off him.

Today he opened up an undermanned stand alone team a few times on the turn over.... He took some nice marks out manoeuvring a smaller opponent and moved well as he does....

He a
So dropped two sitters, was out pointed a few times, didn't chase twice... Remonstrated with the umpires twice as his opponents ran off and got caught out (htb) trying to do too much

He is very good... And very bad. He drops his head easily, but does some very nice things also....

Worth perseverance

But a long way to go, physically, mentally and emotionally as a player

Just trying and be realistic

Seen overhype of Walsh, Stanley, Siposs, Lee, Hickey, Markworth, Murdoch and almost every kid we draft.

Let them develop I say....

I watched him today... As I've done most weeks this year. He is on the improve, but isn't there yet IMO.

You'll find the coaching staff have a very similar view about him, he needs to produce consistent effort ona consistent basis first... Then he will be able to step up.

Toady he did some very nice things. Doing nice things is not his issue.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-08-09/forwards-on-song-in-sandringham-win

match report is already up, surprised to see whitey aka buddy in the best since he is apparently he didn't run with his opponent twice :drunk::D:drunk:.

all in all disappointing i missed the game but good to see TDL and White kick 10 between them and HOLMES got in the best

Sandringham 9.4 11.8 14.11 17.13 115
Coburg 1.2 1.7 3.11 9.16 70

Goals: Dennis-Lane 5, White 5, McTaggart 2, Ong, Simpkin, Pierce, Milera, Verma
Best: Jones, Dunell, Dennis-Lane, Minchington, White, Holmes

***also next week***
Sandringham will travel to Avalon Airport Oval next Saturday to take on Werribee. The match will be televised on ABC1 for Victorian viewers with the game commencing at 1:10pm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See, you and I differ BM; he's never going to be that kind of predictable player. IMO, that's his strength.

I thought his second efforts were just fine and there's no harm at all in finding out whether he's up to challenge by throwing him into it.

I think its more about Stanley at the moment.
Would leave the forward set up as stanley , with roo and bruce as well.
It seems to be improving on a weekly basis .

I think its more about Stanley at the moment.
Would leave the forward set up as stanley , with roo and bruce as well.
It seems to be improving on a weekly basis .

Agree on Stanley. But also on Bruce. It would be good to also build Bruce's confidence at present.

Tomorrow will be interesting as the Dogs lack good tall defenders. Roo, Stanley and Bruce are going to stretch them.

A lot of people said earlier this year that Lee plays better in seniors than reserves. Never know White could be the same.
Need to give him a taste of it this year IMO (for development purposes) and should be rewarded for a 5 goal haul plus a few goals over last couple of weeks. Rather than just gifting him a game for the sake of it. Sends the message that good performances will get u a call up and make him hungry to play well for rest of season and into 2015.

A richmond supporter mate watched him heaps in TAC and said he's about the most exciting prospect he's seen. Said he has about 5 minutes a quarter or so where he puts the foot down then goes back to sleep. But the good thing is he looked so sublime in those 5 minutes you just wanted more. He reckons there is more G Train in him than Buddy. Just does enough but doesn't go overboard but when he does watch out. He said it was the first time he ever sent a letter to the recruiting staff at Punt road.

A richmond supporter mate watched him heaps in TAC and said he's about the most exciting prospect he's seen. Said he has about 5 minutes a quarter or so where he puts the foot down then goes back to sleep. But the good thing is he looked so sublime in those 5 minutes you just wanted more. He reckons there is more G Train in him than Buddy. Just does enough but doesn't go overboard but when he does watch out. He said it was the first time he ever sent a letter to the recruiting staff at Punt road.

did he get a response?

Maybe TDL is in line? He kicked 5 and was in the best?

Dare I say, the next Eddie Betts?

Maybe TDL is in line? He kicked 5 and was in the best?

Dare I say, the next Eddie Betts?

Deja_Vu.jpg

TDL has kicked bags of goals on a number of occasions in the VFL. He has subsequently been called up into the AFL side on the back of several said performances and, well, we all know how those appearances carried out....

White, conversely, has never been given such an opportunity. This unknown factor, combined with the fact that we have another forward, in Lee, that performs better at the top level, the fact that our season is beyond cooked, and that any experience will be invaluable going into the upcoming pre-season, amalgamates to indicate his conclusion, against Sydney, really should be a given.

Give him a run before the season as out, even as the sub. Watters did it with Shenton late last year, Cam didn't look up to it at the time but worked hard and was quite solid when playing this year. Give Spence a taste and he can work hard over the summer on what he needs to improve :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back