VFL VFL Round 3 - Sandringham v Northern Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saad in the best

That's a laugh... He was woeful... He had only a couple of touches in 3 quarters... Was moved to a wing to get him into the game.
Last quarter he won the footy a bit, but missed a snap from 25 out in front... Ran into goal at HF and instead of handballing inboard he sprayed a shot... His goal a typical soccer off the ground in the GS. He did a few other handy things fwd.
Eli was outstanding all day, not sure if he got in the best but did plenty. Minchington has what Saunders and Curran don't - skill

Here's the controversy
Goddard struggled against Watson early and is a while off AFL as expected for a key back... However he did have a better second half on Casboult... Probably squaring.

Paddy was very average
Slow and couldn't get separation at any stage. One mark I remember at HB. He was well beaten. Usually a top 3 DP has shown a glimpse of their special talent after 6 games... Paddy has had one good game against VFL minnows and struggled to have any impact in 5 other games. He is slow, not a great mark and his endurance is poor.

White was his usual self, a mixed bag... But overall very good

Lee, really good

Head, Saunders and Curran are at their level,

Brown is a jet... Great mark
He is so much better than White/ McCartin

A really good game of footy marred by some of the worst umpiring in my memory .... Game killers

Brown is a jet... Great mark
He is so much better than White/ McCartin

A really good game of footy marred by some of the worst umpiring in my memory .... Game killers

Comprehensive summary BM, thanks for that.

However, this goes out to everyone on Bigfooty, in the media etc....(not just picking on you!)

"Player x is a jet" means he is lightening fast....Not a gun, a star or a champion. FAST, FAST, FAST...like a jet!

Sorry, but it annoys me no end.

Seems like Sandy had the same problems as St Kilda did yesterday.

3.11 in the last quarter is absolutely atrocious kicking. I think if Sandy want to play finals they need to be beating teams like the Northern Blues at home.

Good to hear about Eli and Minch. Would be good to see Minch given chance this week, I'm just not sure who he would replace, especially since Roo and Joey are good chances to return.

It's that time of the week!

VFL STATS
Tom Curren: 27 disposals, 2 marks, 2 tackles

Josh Saunders: 23 disposals, 3 marks, 2 tackles

Eli Templeton: 20 disposals, 4 marks, 1 tackle, 2 hitouts

Darren Minchington: 18 disposals, 2 marks, 5 tackles, 1 goal, 3 behinds

Nathan Wright: 18 disposals, 5 marks, 4 tackles

Tom Lee: 14 disposals, 5 marks, 1 tackle, 6 hitouts

Ahmed Saad: 12 disposals, 2 marks, 2 tackles, 1 goal, 2 behinds

Tom Simpkin: 12 disposals, 4 marks, 2 tackles

Patrick McCartin: 12 disposals, 5 marks, 2 tackles, 1 behind

Brodie Murdoch: 11 disposals, 2 marks, 2 tackles

Spencer White: 8 disposals, 4 marks, 1 tackle, 3 goals, 1 behind

Jason Holmes: 8 disposals, 2 marks, 5 tackles, 37 hitouts

Hugh Goddard: 4 disposals, 2 marks, 1 tackles

Sand actually had 9.4 at one stage... Not sure what they finished with... But blazed with no composure in the last.

Misses by Saad 2, White, Minch 2, Brown, Cockie, Holmes in the last 10mins were disappointing. And a snap out of the pack hit the post.

Sand actually had 9.4 at one stage... Not sure what they finished with... But blazed with no composure in the last.

Misses by Saad 2, White, Minch 2, Brown, Cockie, Holmes in the last 10mins were disappointing. And a snap out of the pack hit the post.
3.11 in the last quarter... :oops:

Wow. Assume a couple of rushed but 12 shots on goal in a qtr is a lot :eek:
Even if they managed 4.8 they win. Crazy stuff.

Seems like Sandy had the same problems as St Kilda did yesterday.

3.11 in the last quarter is absolutely atrocious kicking. I think if Sandy want to play finals they need to be beating teams like the Northern Blues at home.

Good to hear about Eli and Minch. Would be good to see Minch given chance this week, I'm just not sure who he would replace, especially since Roo and Joey are good chances to return.

Some talk that Dunstan may miss due to soreness so Minch may get a chance this week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Changing my mind on Lee

Two more good games of similar standard... And I'll be convinced he has something to offer at AFL level.

After a praccie vs Port M, where he was a liability... I thought GONE. Done and dusted

But... He may have found a role?

White "overall very good" Big Mart? 8 possessions in 4 quarters qualifies as very good? What if he had 9 or 10, Brownlow material?
Patrick McCartin had 12!

White "overall very good" Big Mart? 8 possessions in 4 quarters qualifies as very good? What if he had 9 or 10, Brownlow material?
Patrick McCartin had 12!
White had 3 goals and 1 behind to go with his 8 touches.

Patrick McCartin had 12!

Helps when three of them go through for goals. Stats don't tell the full story. He might have done a lot to position himself and defended well.

Paddy was very average
Slow and couldn't get separation at any stage. One mark I remember at HB. He was well beaten. Usually a top 3 DP has shown a glimpse of their special talent after 6 games... Paddy has had one good game against VFL minnows and struggled to have any impact in 5 other games. He is slow, not a great mark and his endurance is poor.

Sorry but I am confused

You are saying that Paddy couldn't get separation and is not a great mark yet he has taken 5 (equal 3rd most of any Sandy player) one of which was contested and last year (in TAC Cup) he averaged 8 a game which of 3 were contested and the same as a bottom ager the year before

Re: having an impact in 5 other games - firstly he has only played 3 games that count for points - 2 of which were at senior AFL level and you obviously havent seen the shitey stats regarding other "now gun" KP's and their first couple of games games at senior level

Seriously do you actually know what you are talking about??

White is not Riewoldt. He will never have a good tank or be a high possession player.
He will always be low possession/high impact. Lets just accept it.
If he gets three kicks a week and kicks 3 goals for 60 goals a season then who cares, hes done his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back