Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Booting Hogan speaks to a real loser mentality within the club. Who gives two shits what the media thinks, if they backed him in he would have performed, which is all that matters. But apparently the good bloke test was more important.
Watch us overlook some highly talented but higher risk aboriginal kid in favour of some vanilla safe pick at the draft this year too. :mad:

Bit of a rant coming up ......Geez this team does my head in. They don't even understand how irrelevant they are to the general football public outside WA. If, for example, Carlton or Collingwood lost to West Coast while playing at home, they would dominate the next Monday's footy shows and have constant scrutiny. I wouldn't be surprised if this game barely gets a mention on 360 and Footy Classified - and Fremantle's performance (or lack there of) will just get brushed over.

We haven't done anything that would make anyone sit up and take notice for 8 years. The last thing we did that made people sit up and take notice was sacking Mark Harvey and getting in Ross Lyon. Guess what - it nearly won us a premiership.

I hate that this club all seems to about a group of mates in the coaching panel. Hell, I reckon even JOM is getting picked each week because he's mates with everyone in the joint.

How about we get f##king ruthless. How about we make some pretty f##king tough decisions. Like dropping Sonny Walters when he has had 3 s**t games. Or dropping Johnson or Erasmus regardless whether they are high draft picks. Or coming out and saying the performance was woeful and unacceptable in the post match press conference.

This club will never go anywhere being too nice....and I am checked out of it until the boys club of Bell, Longmuir, Murphy and co get shaken up and somebody actually starts making some hard and unpopular decisions.
Agree. Said most of this to my dad tonight. In the 4 walls of the club there is something wrong. Always has been. The club has never handled expectation. The only significant game where we were favourites and won that I can remember is the '13 Prelim v Sydney. Every other game we choke. Our best wins have always been 'against the odds'. We need a HUGE personality to come into the club and change everything. A Barassi/Matthews type or even an Eddie Maguire as president to wave the flag and show some passion, fight and aspiration. St Kilda have the same issues. We need a massive circuit breaker to get out of this endless cycle of hope followed by failure.

It has been 24hours. The volcano has erupted.
I'm starting to cool down.
There are a few excuses and positives.

Shitty fixturing, dodgy umpiring, amiss, Darcy out of form, Jackson has been worked to the bone, brutal previous fortnight.

Positives, we don't live in the Donbass, the black plague is under control and we don't have to sacrifice virgins to appease any sun gods anymore.

Positives.
Players and coaches aside.
Freo supporters are the best supporters in the land.
I am proud of all of you and if I ever meet you I. Real life you are instantly kin.

Shitty fixturing, dodgy umpiring, amiss, Darcy out of form, Jackson has been worked to the bone, brutal previous fortnight.

Positives, we don't live in the Donbass, the black plague is under control and we don't have to sacrifice virgins to appease any sun gods anymore.

Positives.
I am proud of all of you and if I ever meet you I. Real life you are instantly kin.
Thanks dad.

As many Premierships as they have?? What, you mean one? Back in 1995??
This pisses me off when the AFL attempts to brainwash us into counting all of Carltons irrelevant VFL flags but never counts say Ports SANFL flags.
Nope, the bluebaggers have won one flag that I can remember, their supporters should be the most humble in the league.
May have been awhile since they won but they are league leaders when it comes to total premierships .

Bad club leadership led to their wilderness times . Cheating on player payments etc .

But at least they gave a histiryv

We gave 30 yrs and nothing to show for it .

I hope for club sake it not another 10 yrs or more before they taste success

You know I was thinking about this loss and it reminds me so much of the era that jlo played for us. I remember even when we were good, pick any team you like if they had some reason, whatever it was, to be 'up and about' you know we would bottle the game. This one just happened to be Eagles with their shiny new toy.

Booting Hogan speaks to a real loser mentality within the club. Who gives two shits what the media thinks, if they backed him in he would have performed, which is all that matters. But apparently the good bloke test was more important.
Watch us overlook some highly talented but higher risk aboriginal kid in favour of some vanilla safe pick at the draft this year too. :mad:

Hogan was totally off the rails with his dodgey mates in WA and couldn't handle the media spotlight. He had to go. Sydney where 99% of the public have no idea who he is is perfect for Jesse.

Positives.

We played quite well during the Covid hubs and the players seemed to bond so I'm assuming we requested back to back games in Adelaide to spend less time in the air.

Can't help thinking the umpire pays that touched ball in the Carlton game that we'd be 6-0. Took the air out of our tyres.

Only positive of this 3 week nightmare is that surely we don't have to play 11 interstate games next year.

Everyone that hangs s**t on our club for performances like what we witnessed has every right to be pissed-the ones defending the club need to faarkin wake up- thank faark I didn't go to that shitshow of a game.unfortunately this is a club of mateship and rewards mediocrity-we need ruthless mofos in coaching dept.If players cry and get upset about being dropped.....faark em outta the club

....and wtf was the club thinking giving lopez another year extension? Surely must be thinking of another club poaching him??

Still hopefully of a top 8 finish🤞😁

I'm still seething from that rubbish on Saturday Night. As a 27 year member this is how I feel the club treated me serving up that crap in all things a Derby.

Screen Shot 2024-04-23 at 7.21.46 am.png

Why didn't Sutherland, Garlick, Brierty and Longmuir have an address to supporters telling us any repeat of that type crap would not be tolerated and players could see their careers come to end if it persisted, rather than send Pierce to recite the the same old, same old. Big reality check for me, good teams stand up in pivotal games especially Derby's where its about bragging rights and honour for the faithful, not this mob they just turn on a bottom team performance. Maybe that's our true position. I'll always be a purple person but I have options in how I support and one is withdrawing the for (4) memberships I pay for each year and stay at home and become a closet supporter. Fremantle FC your on Notice, any more of that rubbish and i'm out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still seething from that rubbish on Saturday Night. As a 27 year member this is how I feel the club treated me serving up that crap in all things a Derby.

View attachment 1967892

Why didn't Sutherland, Garlick, Brierty and Longmuir have an address to supporters telling us any repeat of that type crap would not be tolerated and players could see their careers come to end if it persisted, rather than send Pierce to recite the the same old, same old. Big reality check for me, good teams stand up in pivotal games especially Derby's where its about bragging rights and honour for the faithful, not this mob they just turn on a bottom team performance. Maybe that's our true position. I'll always be a purple person but I have options in how I support and one is withdrawing the for (4) memberships I pay for each year and stay at home and become a closet supporter. Fremantle FC your on Notice, any more of that rubbish and i'm out.
Copy and paste this and email to the club. They need to be told.

We are reactive on the field, have the worst first quarter scores in the AFL. Win very few first quarters and are constantly playing catch up.

We are also the lowest scoring team in the AFL. A few fluke goals or a dodgy umpiring decision and we are shot. Or as happened on the weekend the opposition are up and about and we are stuffed.

How about the coaching staff try to focus more on scoring than defending? An extra two goals a game would make us a totally different team.

I know it's not as easy as said but it's just so tedious watching Freo bungle their way through the same old garbage week after week.

There’s no question we are the most boring and irrelevant organisation in the AFL.
There was a time when we were shite but exciting.
Now we are shite and boring.
If this season peters out into another finish in obscurity of 10th-14th then there needs to be drastic changes at Cockburn both on and off the field in the off season.

There’s no question we are the most boring and irrelevant organisation in the AFL.
If this season peters out into another finish in obscurity of 10th-14th then there needs to be drastic changes at Cockburn both on and off the field in the off season.
JLo's tactical philosophy is sound, he is just a little too conservative with his execution. The gameplan is currently unbalanced i.e. too defence centric. We just need to make a few tweaks (sorry Suma) and add some daring ball movement to re-balance the gameplan. We currently play extra numbers in the defensive half of the ground to stem the oppos ball movement. We could probably add in some Richmond-style fast handball movement off the D50 to quickly rebound and get an I50 entry.

We have a great list (not perfect) so there's no reason we can't be competitive and successful.

That’s the real concern with JLo. As boring as Ross games could often be and as bad as the stretch 2016-19 was, Ross shined in the media. Press conferences were worth watching. People hung off single tweets. Even if we were perennial finalists I don’t see JLo ever commanding that kind of awe. He could be the most boring man alive

actually to be fair to banfield getting 4 shots on goal in that game was impressive.

but, emmett, sturt, walters and banfield isn't good enough to be a finals small forward line. and i believe based upon performance this season banfield has been the best. which says a lot about the others.
Fair suck of the sav on Sturt he has only ayed one game. So far BB has been thd best of the forward smalls.

Re Hogan, you aren"t serious are you?
He was his own worst enemy here with the help of the RAG chasing him, printing old crap from his Melbourne days. There was no way that the club could curb any of the stuff going on..
In Sydney he could walk down the street and not one person would know who he was. He could not do that here at home in Perth.

Re Hogan, you aren"t serious are you?
He was his own worst enemy here with the help of the RAG chasing him, printing old crap from his Melbourne days. There was no way that the club could curb any of the stuff going on..
In Sydney he could walk down the street and not one person would know who he was. He could not do that here at home in Perth.

I spend a fair bit of time in Sydney for work, AFL players are actually quite a bit higher profile than what I think some give credit for. AFL is now getting pretty surprising media presence. Of course always going to play second to NRL but it’s not the ignored minnow sport some here seem to think.

I spend a fair bit of time in Sydney for work, AFL players are actually quite a bit higher profile than what I think some give credit for. AFL is now getting pretty surprising media presence. Of course always going to play second to NRL but it’s not the ignored minnow sport some here seem to think.
Players and coaches still talk about the anonimity of players in Sydney.
It works for platers like Hogan. Here in Perth he had no chance partially of his own doing but mainly becsuse of our dirty stinking evil media. They never gave him a chance.

Fixtures!

Has anyone noticed that we keep playing teams that have longer game to game breaks then us?

After seeing Richmond play last night, I laughed when it was us that of course play them next week. They have a 10 day break v our 7 after we played Saturday night.

We play Dogs who played Thursday night.

So, I went and checked because it felt like this often happens.

ONLY the Eagles game, where we came back from 2 weeks away was a shorter game to game break. Eagles also played at home the week prior v Richmond. So, perfect storm for them fully rested and hadn’t travelled in 2 weeks.

EVERY other fixture the team we have played has had an extra day or more the week prior to playing us.

I haven’t bothered to fast forward and check all fixtures but it’s also this week to week to fixturing that just seems way off.

Am I taking crazy pills!?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back