Mod. Notice VALE jozeph, aka Dugdale2Dwyer and Ghostwriter

Remove this Banner Ad

Did any of the posts as Jozeph remain?

Don't know how that all works because some of that wit was priceless.

Whilst we have 'over achieved' of late...that era of 2006 to 2011 was pretty average for the club and also on here...but Jozeph stuck through thick and thin stirring the pot and having a laugh.

In this age of social media, for some of us, this is all we have because it does provide a sense of security and anonymity.

This sad event reverberates more so when BF is the focal point of your social media world.

AFAIK he changed the name of his Jozeph account to Ghostwriter, and then minted his Dugdale2Dwyer account. The Ghostwriter posts should remain.

Folks, we've lost one of our most passionate posters and supporters, @jozeph, aged only 49.

He'd been posting under the username Dugdale2Dwyer for the past couple of years and had been a member of BF since the very early days. He'd been missing for the past week (his final BF contribution was about a week ago too as it turns out) and his family were worried sick. His body was found earlier today.

He had a posting style which would rub a few people up the wrong way at times but make no mistake, he had a heart of gold and was as dedicated a supporter as you could be. The posting style was an act and he loved shaking things up a little.

I know I'll miss his contributions around here. Shocked to be passing this news on to be honest but I know you all would have known him here to varying degrees and he's been one of our BF family for many years.

A special thanks to Mr Reliable and his daughter Ms Reliable, whom Joe stayed with a couple of times when in town for a game or Syd Barker count.

My heart goes out to them but mostly to Joe's devastated family and friends.

Still in shock here. Joe was a poster who contributed daily.

RIP Joe Chaplin.

Chief Flawed Genius King Corey The Filth Wizard
Terrible news , always a shame to lose one of our own . condolences to his family and friends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFAIK he changed the name of his Jozeph account to Ghostwriter, and then minted his Dugdale2Dwyer account. The Ghostwriter posts should remain.

Thanks I will use the BF search engine to see if I can find any gold wisdom of Jozeph over the week.

I had a chat with Joe's sister via Facebook tonight and sent her the video of Joe's interview outside the PoW. (Don't look for it. TOD will post it here when appropriate).

She was very emotional obviously, and extremely thankful that the video not only existed, but that she had it to show the rest of the family and to keep forever more, as it may be the only video they have of him.

He played this joint like a master musician did jozeph.

I had a chat with Joe's sister via Facebook tonight and sent her the video of Joe's interview outside the PoW. (Don't look for it. TOD will post it here when appropriate).

That is to say, I will absolutely follow everyone else's lead on the above. Wasn't the easiest thing to track down, but I'm happy to report that I now have it in safe-keeping and ready to go whenever the Bigfooty collective thinks it's a good time to give it an airing.

Folks, we've lost one of our most passionate posters and supporters, @jozeph, aged only 49.

He'd been posting under the username Dugdale2Dwyer for the past couple of years and had been a member of BF since the very early days. He'd been missing for the past week (his final BF contribution was about a week ago too as it turns out) and his family were worried sick. His body was found earlier today.

He had a posting style which would rub a few people up the wrong way at times but make no mistake, he had a heart of gold and was as dedicated a supporter as you could be. The posting style was an act and he loved shaking things up a little.

I know I'll miss his contributions around here. Shocked to be passing this news on to be honest but I know you all would have known him here to varying degrees and he's been one of our BF family for many years.

A special thanks to Mr Reliable and his daughter Ms Reliable, whom Joe stayed with a couple of times when in town for a game or Syd Barker count.

My heart goes out to them but mostly to Joe's devastated family and friends.

Still in shock here. Joe was a poster who contributed daily.

RIP Joe Chaplin.

Chief Flawed Genius King Corey The Filth Wizard

R.I.P. Joseph...I met him in 2005 or 2006 with Mr Reliable and Ms Reliable at a Syd Barker night..they were looking for a table to share, I had one booked with some spare seats and, as they say the rest is history. Saddened to find out today via a friend that Joe had passed.

Serious? Holy crap.

He drove me up the wall at times with some of the stuff he said to get a reaction but at the end of the day you could tell he was a real Roos man at heart and loved the club, when he sat down and wrote about something he was passionate about he was one of the better posters around.

Found ourselves agreeing on stuff more often than not recently, I feel he softened a little bit under his D2D moniker, and enjoyed his contributions.

The North Board lost a real chunk of it's character this week.

RIP Jozeph, sorely missed. Condolences to family and those who considered him a friend.

Last edited:
Terrible news, condolences to his family, friends and the North Melbourne Bigfooty community.
Had some ripping conversations back when he was called Jozeph, had no idea he'd changed his name.
You guys should name your Poster of the Year award after him.

Terrible news, condolences to his family, friends and the North Melbourne Bigfooty community.
Had some ripping conversations back when he was called Jozeph, had no idea he'd changed his name.
You guys should name your Poster of the Year award after him.
Unfortunately we had another poster pass on who claims that honour.

The Lidge Memorial Poster of the Year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back