Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

With Torreira‘s departure now finalised, that’s all 8 signings under the brief Mislintat era who have now left the club. Saw this graphic today, doesn’t make for pretty reading.

5426287F-5F29-4D9B-96D9-8D2D431B7E35.png

The make up and age profile of the current squad is poles apart.

With Torreira‘s departure now finalised, that’s all 8 signings under the brief Mislintat era who have now left the club. Saw this graphic today, doesn’t make for pretty reading.

View attachment 1473536

Holy ****.

View attachment 1473536

How much is due to him and how much is down to others we do not know.

He got mavropanos for way unders in his new job

View attachment 1473536

That graph doesn't show Auba scored 92 in 163 and won us an FA cup.

Guen should have also got us 40 million quid.

That graph doesn't show Auba scored 92 in 163 and won us an FA cup.

Guen should have also got us 40 million quid.

Yep after his first season he looked a £40m+ player. Problem was between the ears for that bloke unfortunately. Little wonder his value tanked with the behavioural issues and falling out with his manager and teammates etc.

Aubameyang was a brilliant signing. Still miss him. Leno a quality keeper that didn’t really do much wrong. I liked Mavropanos too, unfortunately some persistent injuries prevented seeing the best of him.

Speaking of Aubameyang, fascinating to hear of this catalogue of misdemeanours Arteta had kept on him in the latest episodes of all or nothing. At the time it seemed like one strike too many with the late return from the quick trip to France being the latest incident, this episode all but confirms that.

The latest three episodes of All or Nothing were a good watch. We get a real picture of Mikel the coach. The man is intense, but I love his depiction. I would play for him, no doubt, but I can see why maybe not everyone would.

The curious thing, however, was the Aubamayang situation was really only told from the Arsenal side of things. I wonder if Auba refused to share his thoughts on his demise or whether it was edited out...

Maybe it’s just the editing but I’ve really bought into the whole Arteta mentality. I like that he sees the players as people first and he doesn’t hammer down on them for making mistakes - it’s the reaction he wants to see. No one is perfect so you can’t dwell.

I’ve really come to appreciate the personalities.

Ramsdale is unbelievable with his mentality. Xhaka gets so much flak but honestly can see why many wanted him as a captain internally. Holding may not start but is a great personality around the club. Martinelli is humble but a hard worker. What a guy Laca is too - so happy he got to show his worth before he left. A great captain in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again, maybe it’s bias, but I have enjoyed it way more than Spurs and City. Spurs felt way more curated whereas this has felt more honest.
I watched the Spurs one and enjoyed it.

Haven't seen the City one.

I think it being Arsenal I am just more invested and interested in it and remember things with it being the team I support.

I watched the Spurs one and enjoyed it.

Haven't seen the City one.

I think it being Arsenal I am just more invested and interested in it and remember things with it being the team I support.
I’ve enjoyed all three but to me, it felt spurs was made to shown them in a favourable light more than arsenal

The latest three episodes of All or Nothing were a good watch. We get a real picture of Mikel the coach. The man is intense, but I love his depiction. I would play for him, no doubt, but I can see why maybe not everyone would.

The curious thing, however, was the Aubamayang situation was really only told from the Arsenal side of things. I wonder if Auba refused to share his thoughts on his demise or whether it was edited out...

Was fully expecting it to be depicted this way. Arsenal would want to ensure the club is presented in a certain way, as favourable as possible really. The club would have a heavy involvement in the editing of the final product.

There’s always a bit of an over dramatic nature of some certain things, the group phone calls with lawyers and Vinai in the room, the ticking clock on deadline day regarding the Aubameyang situation. That stuff I can understand, it’s a TV show at the end of the day and needs an element of tension for the general viewer.

The lack of Aubameyang’s “side of the story” so to speak I’d say is largely due to two things. One I’ve already mentioned, it need to depict Arsenal in a certain way. Secondly, there would be legal implications to the cessation of his contract (ie, an NDA or similar kind of non disparage clause).

Aside from seeing brief clips of him returning to the club, training on his own etc (which I must admit I felt saddened by watching what it came to), he hasn’t actually appeared on screen in any kind of dialogue as to what’s happened. That I feel is due to what I just mentioned, it cannot/will not be disclosed due to legal reasons.

Really enjoying the series overall however. My view of Arteta, Xhaka and others has greatly benefited from this. Also I really like and appreciate the impact of Carlos Cuesta.

Can't fault Arteta's passion.

Not sure where I sit with the Auba stuff, though if you're not committed, and don't want to be there, the right decision was made. Like others have said, think he got his big contract and checked out. Whether him and Arteta had a personality clash too we'll never know, but it does seem likely.

The footprint he is leaving is definitely a positive one I think and it seems the players are behind him and believe in his insight.

Can't fault Arteta's passion.

Not sure where I sit with the Auba stuff, though if you're not committed, and don't want to be there, the right decision was made. Like others have said, think he got his big contract and checked out. Whether him and Arteta had a personality clash too we'll never know, but it does seem likely.

The footprint he is leaving is definitely a positive one I think and it seems the players are behind him and believe in his insight.

Think the overall feeling at the time was understandable that Arsenal and Aubameyang parted ways, the relationship became untenable. Not adequately replacing him was the most contentious thing, and we know how that ended.

The behaviour stuff is something you can put up with when the player performs. When he’s winning you semi finals and Cup finals off his own boot, scoring all 4 goals, the off field stuff is more tolerable. When his form dipped significantly, and you’re trying to install a new culture with 21/22 year olds watching intently, all of a sudden having your captain rock up late to training etc becomes a big sticking point.

Best decision was made for all parties. I have no doubt though there’s so much more to it, probably some words were exchanged that there’s no coming back from. Seeing him training by himself, as understandable as it is, can’t help but feel there was a better way. Anyway, it is what it is.

Arteta talks the talk and has been given ample money to build his own team over the last 3 years. Losing 6 of our final 11 games to miss top 4 last year was pretty ordinary.

Time to walk the walk and finish in the top 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back