Under 18's teams in 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
best on today well and truly bomma thought miller was a tad hard done by considering he was given about 6 free kicks given against him and the hepburn player was the one giving the sneaky little elbows and punches very one sided umpiring which is fair to say considering they are payed umpires not volunteers but footy goes that way feel a tad sorry for only player that looked genuinely shattered was that number 22 from hepburn which from wat ive seen has his heart on his sleeve every week well played mate

yeah umpiring was very inconsistent all day, almost rounded itself off though, umpiring wasn't doing anyone any favours all day. Also, admittedly with as much lip as i was giving, special mention to the hepburn leadership group for coming in after the game. All the boys showed good character with the loss :thumbsu:

best on today well and truly bomma thought miller was a tad hard done by considering he was given about 6 free kicks given against him and the hepburn player was the one giving the sneaky little elbows and punches very one sided umpiring which is fair to say considering they are payed umpires not volunteers but footy goes that way feel a tad sorry for only player that looked genuinely shattered was that number 22 from hepburn which from wat ive seen has his heart on his sleeve every week well played mate

yes it was a very good game indeed thats interesting u said boma was well and truly best thought zac graham again played an excellent game but it is very difficult to pick just one or two players i thought everyone played there parts to perfection maybe bar the third quarter where we lapsed a bit.. i wouldnt say 22 was the only player numkber 9 seemed pretty shattered and i guess they may have been prepared for the loss throughout the game as it didnt really hang in the balance for a hell of a time.. it was in great spirit that the boys came in and wished us well next week and it capped off some of the great games we've played against each other this season.

I never elbowed Miller, just stood in front of him. Frustrating stuff lol. Well played Bunningyong jump in the first quarter killed us.

good win to buninyong on the weekend, put my theory well and truly to bed.
whats everyones's tips for premiers, best on ground, major goalkickers on saturday.

bunga to be premiers but will be a lot closer than what i would have though a few weeks ago with buninyong playing good footy in the first half on the week end... best on ground joel duggan with jackson murphy to be their main avenue to goal.. for buninyong a smokey could be tim mitchell i think his name is or boma.. their goals to come from kitchen..

whats everyones's tips for premiers, best on ground, major goalkickers on saturday.

Well bungaree for premiers but only just. I just looked back at the goal kickers for the last 2 times that they have met and no one for either side has kicked more than 3 goals in either match which is a good sign for both sides defences. But if anyone will kick more than that it would be jackson murphy and it will be interesting to see who buninyong play on him. For best players watch lacandro, mahar for bungaree and boma, miller for buninyong

Anyone know the state of Austar? If its anything like it was a few weeks ago for the VFL shall be a low scoring affair all day for all games :thumbsdown:

set to be another great match up this time. I think buninyong will be too strong for the bunga this time though but hey, i play for them so of course i think that. ill say best on ground to either boma for buninyong or joel mahar. Ill say murphy for leading goalkicker but theres a handful of blokes who could easily take the honour..

Well bungaree for premiers but only just. I just looked back at the goal kickers for the last 2 times that they have met and no one for either side has kicked more than 3 goals in either match which is a good sign for both sides defences. But if anyone will kick more than that it would be jackson murphy and it will be interesting to see who buninyong play on him. For best players watch lacandro, mahar for bungaree and boma, miller for buninyong

i wouldnt see why anything would change as in who plays on murphy to much as he's been restricted reasonably well in both games we've played against them. id be expecting another great performance by mark tannis this weekend.

i think that bunga will win by a bit, after there last game i think that they would have woken up and will come out hard and win. but i would like to see them lose, they have won it too many times.

premiers cant go past bungaree... they are the geelong of chfl right now.
i think unfortunately a few of the bunga boys might have 2 grandfinal losses in 2 years (mt clear boys).

like any game, this will be won in the midfield and who can get the quick supply to the key forwards in murphy and davies for each side. i like bungaree in the clearance area they are very efficient in the guts and seem to have a vast spread of players to do the job in there. expect the locandro to mahar combination to fire and then the runners in duggan and webb to be well fed from this.

the key for bungaree: big game from matheson providing a big option in the forward line and someone dangerous on mcvitty so he has to play on a man and not zone off. along with this someone willing to sacrifice their game and play on kitchen who loves to run forward in anticipation of the clearance. you cant cheat on grandfinal day kitchen. :D

the key for bunninyong: everyone expects the big names to give something from bunninyong sothe 2nd and 3rd tier players providing big games. only way i can see them getting up is a big team effort.

BOG: joel duggan. and dont be suprised if bomatali gets it either.
goal kickers: murphy to kick 4 or 5 with the open spaces and the boys to give him one on one contests. expect a few crumbing goals from patty webb also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just on another note friggen well played to buninyong they will be premiers i dont care wat anyone says they are the best team in the league on their game and will beat bungaree next week
righto mate, im sure bungeree will come out and dominate the whole game like they have all season, very rare for a team to go undefeated and that they beat buninyoung twice during the year and u think they will lose? considering 3/4 of the players have played and won a grand final and buninyoung i dont think have got a palyer that has played finals before. i think only 3 or 4 have played before, maybe u should focus on ur own pre season, maybe gettin up around 8 on the beep

righto mate, im sure bungeree will come out and dominate the whole game like they have all season, very rare for a team to go undefeated and that they beat buninyoung twice during the year and u think they will lose? considering 3/4 of the players have played and won a grand final and buninyoung i dont think have got a palyer that has played finals before. i think only 3 or 4 have played before, maybe u should focus on ur own pre season, maybe gettin up around 8 on the beep

thats just a friggen ridiculous thing to say mate really cos i did the beep test 3weeks ago and got 11.8 and thats the worst ive ever got who are you? and dont worry im concentrating on it ive already started

thats just a friggen ridiculous thing to say mate really cos i did the beep test 3weeks ago and got 11.8 and thats the worst ive ever got who are you? and dont worry im concentrating on it ive already started
oh yeh tats right coz ur pre season started 3 weeks ago? why in hell would u do a beep test now mate? clearly ur got no common sense. like in previous cases. u played for sebas then u moved to learmonth, great common sense

2008 CHFL Under 18 Grand Final
Bungaree vs Buninyong

Buninyong's first half was nothing short of impressive last weekend and come into the grand final in the best form they have had all year.
Bungaree have travelled 18 games without a loss in 2008 and with only one loss in 3 seasons look set to create history with four in a row, however not without stiff opposition from Buninyong.
Bungaree's two smallest wins of the year, to the tune of 4 points and 7 points were both at the hands of Buninyong proving that they really are the second best side.
The bunga boys will no doubt go in confident however in thier minds they are yet to put in a good performance against Buninyong in 2008 and could affect thier game come saturday.
Bungaree
Strengths/Keys
With the league's premier forward in Jackson Murphy as well as a lethal midfield with standout depth, Buninyong will have thier work cut out for them. A game of straight kicking from Murphy will be crucial to thier success as will the goal scoring abilities of the rotating midfielders in Mahar, Webb and Duggan. The usually solid half-back of Ryan, Forbes and Trigg will be disappointed with thier performance two weeks ago and look to shut down the 2nd tier forwards of Buninyong which will go a long way to sealing victory.

Buninyong
Strengths/Keys
The major strength of Buninyong is thier evenness across the forward line and wide range of goal scoring players. The depth across the forward line could trouble Bungaree's smaller defenders should large amounts of football be played in the Buninyong forward 50. Alex Miller proved crucial in winning the clearances in the previous 3 finals and will need another big game to give his side the best possible chance.
Zac Graham also has proved instrumental for Buninyong in the last two games and will need to produce another stellar performance to see the bunnies home.
Davies will be unable to sit in the goal square against Bungaree so will need to produce a good game further up the ground to play his part in a victory if he is to have any impact on the game.
The most crucial match up of the game for mine is between Nick Locandro and Tim Mitchell. Locandro was best on ground in the last meeting of these two sides and Mitchell will have to not only negate him in the ruck but around the grounds.

Should be another close one but i think Bungaree's forward options should be enough to get them 4 in a row
Bungaree by 8 points
BOG-Joel Duggan

just a heads up about our 'lack of finals experience' mate.
we have atleast 9 + players who have played finals before. being myself, mcvitty, boma, tanis, grady, gilbo, brent, davies and troy powell. if not more.
and on that note, all 9 have played in a grand final before. we're not short of experience at all.
7 of those 9 players including myself were apart of the losing grand final side last year and the apetite for redemption is pretty high.
anddd with the other 13 players without the experience, it'll prove as a positive more so than a negative as the hunger will be their with our 'second tier' players who i know want this flag more than anything.
this just gives them another reason to step up this week, which i believe they will.

another thing, having played with craig for a good 3 or 4 years, he trains extremely hard for a big bloke and funnily enough does have a pretty good engine when he wants to use it. :thumbsu: just another correction for ya

to finish on a lighter note, grand final should be a ripper. cant wait!

oh yeh tats right coz ur pre season started 3 weeks ago? why in hell would u do a beep test now mate? clearly ur got no common sense. like in previous cases. u played for sebas then u moved to learmonth, great common sense

actually mate the beep test wasn for footy and i dont see the harm in startin a pre season now because clearly i wasn at my optimum this season quite far from it but it comes from injury not laziness so i know i need to put in a big effort and with the target ive set for next year i wont be able to get there if i start in january or even december and the learmonth football club is the best club ive been involved with and they look after the players and every move has its pro's and con's as i feel that playin for a team who has won 10 games in the past 4 years and finishing 4th from the bottom being their best turn out and being forced to play with at least 5 under 18's each week as opposed to a club who have won 59 games in the same time and are only getting stronger and stronger each season you talk so much about common sense honestly mate you need to grow up a bit because your just making yourself look like a fool baggin people out when this site is purely for talking about footy and im quite sure i speak for everyone when i say that it is just stupid bagging people out if you wanna make someone look stupid how bout you work on your footy and humiliate them on the footy field instead

just something to think about:D

Re: Top 10 players u/18's

boys id just like to thank all your contributions during the year, without yur help bigfooty would have been extremly boring
there were some very good teams his year, and we were lucky to win it
full credit to bunnies, they played there heart out all day
alex miller you owe me a jimmy
well done lads on a great season, im off to get blind!

Re: Top 10 players u/18's

boys id just like to thank all your contributions during the year, without yur help bigfooty would have been extremly boring
there were some very good teams his year, and we were lucky to win it
full credit to bunnies, they played there heart out all day
alex miller you owe me a jimmy
well done lads on a great season, im off to get blind!

haha you'll be getting that jimmy very soon mate

well played to bunga!

In what was another disgusting game to watch no thanks to the chfl standard but playerwise joel maher and joel duggen was the highlight for me two very good quality players who go in hard for the ball but also have very good skills.

well done to bungaree apparntly it was there 4th in a row very good effort!

good effort to bungaree proved they very much are the better team despite terrible accuracy! thought jackson murphy deffinately didnt deserve bog joel mahar was a deffinite standout and dominated us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back