Under 18's teams in 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enough about the umpires lads
They volunteer there time so we can play footy, so we should be grateful instead of paying them out (But i must admit also there some shockers)

Bunnies Vs Hepburn, really looking forward to watch this one

Couldn't agree more mate we should be talking about the great game this weekend not the umpires lol. So the game should b really good to watch and hopefully very high scoreing. My tip is buninyong by about 2 goals like last time, its hard to go against them the way they took it up to bunga last week. Who is everyone else picking and what advantage do they have over the other side?

hmmm well i'd say hepburn will struggle to man up on buninyong in their forward line davies is a great leading mark although his accuracy lets him down just a tad hepburns full back relies too much on the ball going to the goalsquare and taking his man out behind play which wont benefit against davies and hepburn as good as their midfield is are more of a small quick goalsneaking centreline and miller and boma are much stronger and just as quick and skilled and in the wet im goin to say the score line will look something like this buninyong 8.5.53 to hepburn 7.2.44:thumbsu:

heres my 2 bob anyway

Hepburn Vs Bunnies

Last game bunnies had that little bit extra run in them to get them over line by 7 points. i am tipping the margin to be around the same, hard to see the result going over 20 points. Bunnies really took it up to us because they play the same style, run and carry through the middle, lots of handballs etc. The Bunnies midfield is first class. Miller MUST BE TAGGED, no ifs buts whatsoever. His there danger man. Expect big games from Kitch (played well last time they met), Boma (In very good form) and Glibert (Will take there best forward, should do well). Wildcards for Bunnies would be McVitty (loves to sit out the back, very good at kicking play out of defence) and Rigby (Quality first year player, will go hard).

on the Hepburn side, there strength over Bunnies will be height, having some lads way over 6 foot that are quite solid to. If these fellas can dominate, will help massively as Bunnies dont have any real tall players.
Hepburn players always tackle hard and go hard, which will help them in pack situations. Expect big games from Knights (Hard player, quality delivery) Cimera (Always dangerous). Wildcard could be Jimmy Rodgers, depending if they play 15s or not, should always be amongst it

Tip - Bunnies by 12 points

yea spot on although i've seen first hand hepburn lose their heads just a bit when they are bein beaten well most clubs do but i sense it a bit more with them

Buninyong Vs Hepburn
Great clash when these two sides met a fortnight ago and expect more of the same at Dunnstown tomorrow.
Buninyong are coming off a spirited performance against Bungaree and will deserve favouritism against the Burra.
After trailing all day against Gordon, Hepburn rallied to avoid thier third consecutive straight sets dismissal, winning after the siren by 5 points
With the exception of Gordon's annihilation of Creswick, this finals series has provided the most thrilling and tense games us on the sidelines could hope for with 3 of the 4 games being decided by 8 points or less. I think this will fall under that category again, with another gutsy performance from both sides.
Buninyong will rely on their midfield and across the flank strength to provide them with the sufficient forward 50 entries to win them the match. Brundell and Graham both proved they can kick goals when required last week and will once again need to step up to the plate. Brendan Davies was sent back to reality last week with a absolute smashing from Pat O' Donohue and will be looking to redeem himself. Buninyong's key to winning will rely across the backline and whether they can hold Hepburn's forward speed at bay.
Since there narrow loss to Buninyong, Hepburn showed a bit of old fashioned guts and determination to come back from the dead against an inform Gordon last week. Notable in's since the qualifying final in week 1 are Kieran frost and Liam O'Halloran (pending a fitness test??)
The run and carry clearly troubled both Gordon and Buninyong so far this finals series and it will be interesting to see if Buninyong has found a way to counter it.
Hepburn will be looking for a lift in Alec Cimera who has been found out against the good sides so far this year. Also, Sam Conroy will need a bigger impact around the ground as a target for Hepburn to get home.
I think Buninyong might be a week ahead of themselves and thinking about beating Bungaree before they get there, and hence am tipping Hepburn in another high scoring shootout.
Hepburn by 4 points

Buninyong Vs Hepburn
Great clash when these two sides met a fortnight ago and expect more of the same at Dunnstown tomorrow.
Buninyong are coming off a spirited performance against Bungaree and will deserve favouritism against the Burra.
After trailing all day against Gordon, Hepburn rallied to avoid thier third consecutive straight sets dismissal, winning after the siren by 5 points
With the exception of Gordon's annihilation of Creswick, this finals series has provided the most thrilling and tense games us on the sidelines could hope for with 3 of the 4 games being decided by 8 points or less. I think this will fall under that category again, with another gutsy performance from both sides.
Buninyong will rely on their midfield and across the flank strength to provide them with the sufficient forward 50 entries to win them the match. Brundell and Graham both proved they can kick goals when required last week and will once again need to step up to the plate. Brendan Davies was sent back to reality last week with a absolute smashing from Pat O' Donohue and will be looking to redeem himself. Buninyong's key to winning will rely across the backline and whether they can hold Hepburn's forward speed at bay.
Since there narrow loss to Buninyong, Hepburn showed a bit of old fashioned guts and determination to come back from the dead against an inform Gordon last week. Notable in's since the qualifying final in week 1 are Kieran frost and Liam O'Halloran (pending a fitness test??)
The run and carry clearly troubled both Gordon and Buninyong so far this finals series and it will be interesting to see if Buninyong has found a way to counter it.
Hepburn will be looking for a lift in Alec Cimera who has been found out against the good sides so far this year. Also, Sam Conroy will need a bigger impact around the ground as a target for Hepburn to get home.
I think Buninyong might be a week ahead of themselves and thinking about beating Bungaree before they get there, and hence am tipping Hepburn in another high scoring shootout.
Hepburn by 4 points

I think ya kiddin ya self ther mate theres no way buninyong would be getting ahead of themselves when they only beat them by 7 or 8 points last time, they d know that there in for a hard day. Last time they played their ruckman got on top so i think they should try and tag him. Also i dont think Davies got smashed last week at all he pushed up the ground a bit and made space which meant that they could find other avenues to goal.

I think ya kiddin ya self ther mate theres no way buninyong would be getting ahead of themselves when they only beat them by 7 or 8 points last time, they d know that there in for a hard day. Last time they played their ruckman got on top so i think they should try and tag him. Also i dont think Davies got smashed last week at all he pushed up the ground a bit and made space which meant that they could find other avenues to goal.

kitch, u must be looking forward to redeem yourself tomorrow after costing buninyong the chance to beat bunga last week?

this isnt kitch mate, but i agree with what your saying costin ya team a final cant be a good feeling

hey shut ya mouth dont go blaming kitch for us losing it wanst his fault one tackle thats all it was the whole team really. each quater it was like we waited for bunga to kick a goal before we would really do anything about it so ya cant blame him for one tackle. but we will need to get a good start this week if we wanna win hepburn are a classy team will be a tough match to win for both sides cant wait

hey shut ya mouth dont go blaming kitch for us losing it wanst his fault one tackle thats all it was the whole team really. each quater it was like we waited for bunga to kick a goal before we would really do anything about it so ya cant blame him for one tackle. but we will need to get a good start this week if we wanna win hepburn are a classy team will be a tough match to win for both sides cant wait

man u buninyong boys are so touchy... u say the slightest thing and your ready to jump down someone's throat.. although i can't blame ya for looking after kitch because god knows he can't look after himself...

man u buninyong boys are so touchy... u say the slightest thing and your ready to jump down someone's throat.. although i can't blame ya for looking after kitch because god knows he can't look after himself...

yea well when its a final like that wouldnt you stick up for ya team mate when someone is saying that they lost the game for ya your team ya not a team m8 if ya let someone get all the blame for the losing the game in which he didnt. i guess your just one of those tosers that plays for a team that everyone hates you and doesnt wanna be your m8. and i bet kitch can look after himself better than you can look after yourself

from memory i recall Davies getting 3 disposals (1 kick 2 handballs) for the day. The one shot on goal he had was horrible and on the full i think. Anytime the ball was near him Pod destroyed him imo.
Also, interestingly enough was the reaction Davies had to a bit of sledging from supporters over the fence late in the last quarter when the game was in the balance. Eye witness account says he left his man and began to mouth back over on a forward flank. Just an observation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

from memory i recall Davies getting 3 disposals (1 kick 2 handballs) for the day. The one shot on goal he had was horrible and on the full i think. Anytime the ball was near him Pod destroyed him imo.
Also, interestingly enough was the reaction Davies had to a bit of sledging from supporters over the fence late in the last quarter when the game was in the balance. Eye witness account says he left his man and began to mouth back over on a forward flank. Just an observation

Yeah it wasn't his best game eva but they got that close without him so imagine if they make grand final how dangerous they could be if he fires. Yes i remember that shot it was very costly. And if the crowd stuff is true then he is in trouble tomorrow with hepbun crowd, because i wouldn't expect them to be quiet if its a close game

all this slagging off of other players for "losing the game" is a tad unnecessary hey? regardless of the fact kitch's free did cost us a goal, it had nothing to do with the end result. the better team on the day won, no single player influenced the results as it was an 18 vs. 18 game, played in good spirits as footy should be played. honourable mention to the gordon boys taking their unfortunate loss last week so well also.

onto another note, on the eve of tomorrows big match i'm expecting a big crowd, as it'll be a tough contest for both sides and a joy to watch. from recent form we (byong) are playing very well and have trained aswell as we have all year. didnt get a real good look at hepburn last week, but being the talented outfit they are we're expecting a good, hard match. :thumbsu:

and regarding the posts with brendan davies.

he's a very emotional, to say the least, person when it comes to footy. played with him all through my footy years and he hasn't changed a bit. pointless discussing whether his 'passionate antics' will influence his game.
he's either on or off, whichever case it may be we've shown we can back it up if its the latter.

You would hate all of them because u got sent off about every match with your big Mouth.
The Learmonth ump was the worst on

haha i admire your courage knowin the only thing between us is a keyboard i know for a fact u wouldn say this to anyones face but if u want ill come see ya because i do know where u live and u can explain it to me in person why u feel that way seriously mate no need for it we are here to talk about footy not bag people so grow up just a tad ok?:mad:

Just to clear up all this crap about me (davies) thanks to you craig for and accusing me of those comments earlier, it wasnt me and yes my kicking hasnt been all that flash this year due to shoulder and back injuries, but the accuracy has improved, last two games against hepburn I kicked 9 straight.

Bungareepremiers06 yeah I had I quiet one (and I had more of it than you said) but I didnt receive a smashing the ball wasnt coming in as normal due to your teams pressure and I played a majority of the game up the ground out of 'comfort' as u could say, and that shot was from the dead pocket; agianst the wind and it was to the top of the square not out on the full, so get atleast some facts straight.

About this sledging stuff yeah no one likes it (from opposition yeah its a game and you'll always get that) but particularly from supporters. I would like to hear from this eye witness, I never leave my man to begin with (due to them mainly 'playing on me') let alone leave them to go off at most likely some halfwit on the boundary line.​

And yeah enough about the umpires sure some of them or ordinary, but as someone stated earlier they are voulenteers – they arnt paid, so their out there doing what no one else is willing to.​

Just to clear up all this crap about me (davies) thanks to you craig for and accusing me of those comments earlier, it wasnt me and yes my kicking hasnt been all that flash this year due to shoulder and back injuries, but the accuracy has improved, last two games against hepburn I kicked 9 straight.

Bungareepremiers06 yeah I had I quiet one (and I had more of it than you said) but I didnt receive a smashing the ball wasnt coming in as normal due to your teams pressure and I played a majority of the game up the ground out of 'comfort' as u could say, and that shot was from the dead pocket; agianst the wind and it was to the top of the square not out on the full, so get atleast some facts straight.

About this sledging stuff yeah no one likes it (from opposition yeah its a game and you'll always get that) but particularly from supporters. I would like to hear from this eye witness, I never leave my man to begin with (due to them mainly 'playing on me') let alone leave them to go off at most likely some halfwit on the boundary line.​

And yeah enough about the umpires sure some of them or ordinary, but as someone stated earlier they are voulenteers – they arnt paid, so their out there doing what no one else is willing to.​

brendan mate i really am sorry i jumped to conclusion knowing millers alias just figuring it would of been u considering u are the only other buninyong player who would of seen me and to be honest i wouldn look too much into wat i said considering the fact this is the only year in about 5 i have beaten you in the goalkickin which would be due to the variety of goalkickers u had u are a quality footballer and i hope u kick a bag next week sorry mate!!

just on another note friggen well played to buninyong they will be premiers i dont care wat anyone says they are the best team in the league on their game and will beat bungaree next week

WOO HOO. Go the bunnies!!! Great to see Hepburn knocked out of the race.

brendan mate i really am sorry i jumped to conclusion knowing millers alias just figuring it would of been u considering u are the only other buninyong player who would of seen me and to be honest i wouldn look too much into wat i said considering the fact this is the only year in about 5 i have beaten you in the goalkickin which would be due to the variety of goalkickers u had u are a quality footballer and i hope u kick a bag next week sorry mate!!

nah you're right mate:thumbsu: not too fussed, and i understand why you thought it was me

best on today well and truly bomma thought miller was a tad hard done by considering he was given about 6 free kicks given against him and the hepburn player was the one giving the sneaky little elbows and punches very one sided umpiring which is fair to say considering they are payed umpires not volunteers but footy goes that way feel a tad sorry for only player that looked genuinely shattered was that number 22 from hepburn which from wat ive seen has his heart on his sleeve every week well played mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back