Status
Not open for further replies.

riggers21

Debutant
Suspended
Apr 22, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
the umpiring is appauling the league should be ashamed. Most of the under 16 players are mature ready to make there careers if ever in football with the tac cup oppertunity like the rebels but are given shit umpires that pretty much ruin the game. The umpiring at lakers and ballarat on the weekend was appauling and changed the result where does it stop

the umpiring is appauling the league should be ashamed. Most of the under 16 players are mature ready to make there careers if ever in football with the tac cup oppertunity like the rebels but are given shit umpires that pretty much ruin the game. The umpiring at lakers and ballarat on the weekend was appauling and changed the result where does it stop

I wasnt at the game riggers but i heard the umpiring was deplorable....But theres nothing you can do about it mate....but dw i agree with you

Take it on yourself mate. You will find that umpiring the game is harder than what you think it is. No need for you to go off your head about the umpires. It is people like you who costs our association umpires.

• Banned
BFL PLEASE TAKE NOTE
Robert Simmonds is a disgusting umpire and should never umpire again. He acted like a young child on the ground. After crumbling under pressure from a kids footy match and parents oven the fence. He is considered to be a SENIOR umpire

Just a reminder about not going too overboard with umpire criticism. The above posts sneak in under the limit but are bubbling towards the surface.

Here's my contribution, both as a mod of the board, and as a footy fan.

Quality of umpiring has been an issue since time began. Generally they're trying their butts off and giving it their all. There are exceptions.

When criticising umpiring, please try to keep it factual, informative and respectful. Don't get personal in the comments, treat the issue as though there is an opportunity for improvement ( sorry to sound all Californian there :D but there's a point to it ).

Everybody knows there's a shortage of umpires footywide. This causes a vicious circle. Less umpires means a smaller pool from which to ensure the best are always available. This causes frustration for clubs, players, leagues. The criticism which comes out of this scraes people away from umpiring.

I've never umpired, I've only played. Umpiring would be far too hard for me. it could be argued that players are simply footy fans who don't have the guts to umpire! That's a bit overboard, but remember that just firing huge serves at them over a messageboard isn't going to fix the problem.

Maybe there's an opportunity to contribute to making the idea of umpiring less repulsive. Help advertise for umpires, help develop training, etc.

I have said some very nasty things about umpires in my time as a drunken yobbo Fitzroy fan, so I'm not holier than thou. We all get frustrated.

Just to back up Mobbs here guys.

Abusing umpires costs you guys umpires. So I would appreciate it if you stopped abusing the umpires on here. Instead if you guys have any time on your hands come and give the umpires a helping hand.

(Mobbs if you don't like the link that I am about to put it's ok for you to take it away)
http://www.ballaratumpires.vcfl.com.au

Wasn't at the game in question so can't comment on it but what should be noted that there is an umpire shortage in country football, especially in the BFUA so there will be umpires ot up to standard umpiring matches. Sadly until more people put their hand up and have a go, then we can't be selective.

Overall despite the lack of numbers I feel that the standard of umpiring has improved over the past two years in the BFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back