Leagues Ultimate Footy - Keeper Dynasty League

Remove this Banner Ad

How does the list numbers work if you make a trade for a draft pick? EG we are forced to delist 5 (I have payers im delisting I want to keep but if I make this deal eg Trade in John Citizen for pick 35 would you then need to delist another player to fit him in?
Hmm.. Tricky one that - will have to have a think about that one. Anyone else have any thoughts on this one?

Hmm.. Tricky one that - will have to have a think about that one. Anyone else have any thoughts on this one?
I do. I think a simple certain rule is every team needs to hold 2 or 3 (5 is too much IMO) active draft picks in a draft. So 2 or 3 list spots open.

I think lots of the time teams have more through real delistings and retirements. Just seems silly to me that I'm delisting Fantasia purely because I can only select 35 keepers yet I can trade for a player that I don't necessarily rate above Fantasia.

I do. I think a simple certain rule is every team needs to hold 2 or 3 (5 is too much IMO) active draft picks in a draft. So 2 or 3 list spots open.

I think lots of the time teams have more through real delistings and retirements. Just seems silly to me that I'm delisting Fantasia purely because I can only select 35 keepers yet I can trade for a player that I don't necessarily rate above Fantasia.
I am in 3 other keeper leagues and of those, in 1 you need to delist 5 and retain a maximum of 30 keepers, and in the other 2 you can only keep a maximum of 10 keepers (which to me is ridiculous). We have a current squad of 40 (and about to increase to 45), so I think a maximum of 35 keepers out of 40 this year is generous but pretty spot on.

I see your list had no retirements or actual club delistings this year (which is pretty unusual), so I can sympathize with you in delisting players you want to keep (there was one of mine that I would have kept also).

So to compromise, how about we stick to minimum of 5 delistings but you're able to trade without having to delist more players, as long as you still hold at least 3 active draft picks (along with the additional 5 top-ups at the end of the draft). Does that sound reasonable?

By the way, your squad looks pretty good again and I think you'll maintain your spot around the top of the ladder - I think I might be closer to the edge of the cliff drop-off, but who knows?;)

I am in 3 other keeper leagues and of those, in 1 you need to delist 5 and retain a maximum of 30 keepers, and in the other 2 you can only keep a maximum of 10 keepers (which to me is ridiculous). We have a current squad of 40 (and about to increase to 45), so I think a maximum of 35 keepers out of 40 this year is generous but pretty spot on.

I see your list had no retirements or actual club delistings this year (which is pretty unusual), so I can sympathize with you in delisting players you want to keep (there was one of mine that I would have kept also).

So to compromise, how about we stick to minimum of 5 delistings but you're able to trade without having to delist more players, as long as you still hold at least 3 active draft picks (along with the additional 5 top-ups at the end of the draft). Does that sound reasonable?

By the way, your squad looks pretty good again and I think you'll maintain your spot around the top of the ladder - I think I might be closer to the edge of the cliff drop-off, but who knows?;)
I have a vested interest as Zim and I are working on a trade, but I think your suggestion makes a lot of sense anyway! I’ve delisted 2 I don’t want to so trading around it works better for me!! Cheers

Trade #1

Deadly Dunkley gives Blakey and Coffield.

Daniels Team gives Sheed and a 5th round draft pick.

Drew23

I’m throwing pick 1 on the table if anyone is particularly after Horne-Francis or Daicos. Premium mids between age 23-28 required as a starting point. I’m happy to keep it but if you are rebuilding and want to offer I’m happy to listen. Cheers

Last edited:
Trade 2 done:

Deadly Dunkley gets Neale + Parker + Boak + Gunston

Daniels Team gets pick 1 + pick 25 + Holland + Richards

Cheers

Drew23 to confirm.

Trade 3 done:

Northern Dogs gets Josh Schache + Nathan O'Driscoll

Daniel's Team gets Jacob Edwards + Pick 36

Drew23 to confirm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still looking to trade:
Patty Dangerfield
Seb Ross
Rory Lobb
Paddy Ryder
Shaun Higgins
Michael Hibberd
Jamie cripps

Send me an offer if you're interested.

I've created a new Keeper league, called Keeper Dynasty 2022 for those wanting the opportunity to recruit from scratch. Entry is by invitation only and is only listed here and in another dedicated thread for Ultimate Footy.

League will be Category Based and limited to 12 coaches. Squads will be 45 comprising 5 Backs, 7 Centres, 5 Forwards, 1 Ruck and 2 Utilities with an emergency for each (5), plus a reserve bench of 20. Similar to this league.

Draft is intended for Sunday 6 March at 7 pm(live online). As there will be 540 picks, I have limited pick time to 1 minute but draft will still probably take 2 - 3 hours. I apologize in advance for this but it seems the best option - coaches unable to attend draft can set their pre-draft rankings.

Invitation to be part of this new keeper league is as follows:

If interested, please enter early as I will delete league if not enough interest.

IMPORTANT.

All keepers need to be nominated and all trades of players and draft picks need to be finalised soon, so that I have time to edit team lists and arrange the final draft order before our draft on Saturday.

Therefore, the cut-off time for this will be 12 Noon (A.E.S.T.) on Thursday 3rd March. Agreed trades must be on this thread before that time.

Can we finalise keepers on the Friday then? I’ve got so many coming in and out I have no idea who to delist. And given I’m trading out heaps of picks for older players I only need to actually draft 3 picks plus the 5 extras is that right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back