Leagues Ultimate Footy - Keeper Dynasty League

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 9, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This thread is for the benefit of those participating in the new to 2020 Keeper Dynasty League. We have our 12 coaches who have recruited a squad of 40 in this new category based scoring league. Hopefully for next season, we will try to make private league to ensure maximum number of returning coaches, so could coaches post here to enable me to collate user / team names etc foe ease of private messaging later on.
Also up for discussion will be to set the number of minimum delistings each year (possibly 5, and so retain maximum of 35 keepers?).

Good luck to all, you are now free to propose trades etc in preparation for the season kickoff on Thursday (coronavirus pending). Regards, Greg

Anyone want to trade me a centre for one of my very excellent forwards? Open to all offers and ideas but need someone who’s gunna get me at least 20 possessions a game. Cheers DD

Anyone want to trade me a centre for one of my very excellent forwards? Open to all offers and ideas but need someone who’s gunna get me at least 20 possessions a game. Cheers DD
Sorry DD, not at this stage. Things may be a bit clearer after this weekend though.

Looking at teams picked to play, it seems like BOG BRWB, Tim's Team and possibly Margate Bombers and Margate Lions aren't updating their players regularly.
Could you let me know if any of you have decided to pull out of this keeper league or whether you are still playing please.
If no longer participating, we'll try recruiting new coaches to take over. Thanks

If anyone wants to take over a team in this keeper league in Ultimate Footy, please let me know. It is a Category Based league of 12 teams with team squads of 40.

If anyone wants to take over a team in this keeper league in Ultimate Footy, please let me know. It is a Category Based league of 12 teams with team squads of 40.

I can take another one if no one else wants it? Not sure if that’s allowed but I could just not trade between the 2?

I can take another one if no one else wants it? Not sure if that’s allowed but I could just not trade between the 2?
I haven't had any takers yet (probably as it's been such an unusual season), so if you want to take another one for the rest of the year, we can give it a go. I'm also not too sure whether it's allowed by UF, but I'll try it. At present I'm just editing the teams for each match to make it more competitive, as all teams in the league are pretty even it seems. Do you have any preference to which of the teams you want? If you PM me your UF login email address, I'll try to reassign the team to you.

Congratulations to Paddy with his team Hot Dogs taking out the minor premiership. Now for the finals. Below is the final league standings for this year after the home and away season.
footy_01.png
Hot Dogs
Paddy12-3-015692169.6%486
footy_12.png
Northern Dogs
Greg10-4-116596171.9%428
footy_04.png
Tim's Team
Tim10-5-0152111136.9%401
footy_14.png
Northcote Turtles
Sam9-6-0155110140.9%3612
footy_12.png
Bullish Bulldogs
Chris8-7-012913297.7%3210
footy_04.png
Beenleigh Lions
Darren7-6-212513493.3%325
223372.png
Lolern Bullfrogs
Zim7-7-113113398.5%307
footy_11.png
Deadly Dunkleys
Gareth5-7-312114583.4%2611
footy_11.png
ne's Team
ne6-9-012313889.1%249
footy_07.png
Margate Lions
Lynette4-10-110615867.1%182
footy_01.png
BOG BRWB
Mark3-10-210415766.2%164
footy_07.png
Margate Bombers
Vernon4-11-010216362.6%163

Once again, well done to Paddy and his team Hot Dogs. A well deserved victory for this challenging year. Hope to see you all back next year for a much more normal season. The final results were:

footy_01.png
Hot Dogs
Paddy12-3-015692169.6%486
footy_12.png
Northern Dogs
Greg10-4-116596171.9%428
footy_12.png
Bullish Bulldogs
Chris8-7-012913297.7%3210
footy_04.png
Beenleigh Lions
Darren7-6-212513493.3%325
footy_14.png
Northcote Turtles
Sam9-6-0155110140.9%3612
footy_04.png
Tim's Team
Tim10-5-0152111136.9%401
footy_11.png
ne's Team
ne6-9-012313889.1%249
223372.png
Lolern Bullfrogs
Zim7-7-113113398.5%307
footy_11.png
Deadly Dunkleys
Gareth5-7-312114583.4%2611
footy_01.png
BOG BRWB
Mark3-10-210415766.2%164
footy_07.png
Margate Bombers
Vernon4-11-010216362.6%163
footy_07.png
Margate Lions
Lynette4-10-110615867.1%182
Results correct as of the end of Round 18

Well done Hot Dogs! Think I’ll be more competitive next year. Toby Green, De Goey and Cogs - completely out of sorts!!

Well done Hot Dogs! Think I’ll be more competitive next year. Toby Green, De Goey and Cogs - completely out of sorts!!
Tell you what i was going to make an offer for him early in the season because I'm stacked with mids but decided to wait. Thank god i did, half my mids broke down and so did Toby

Happy 2021 everyone. Trumps nearly out, the vaccine is nearly here and Im nearly ready for the new Ultimate Footy season! Looking to trade up into the first round. Happy to table my 2nd rounder (pick 16) and a player for a top 10 pick or just a player for a top 10? Let me know if there are any takers 👍 Cheers Gareth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy new year everyone - lets hope 2021 is much better than 2020. Looking forward to a new season and hope we get as many returning coaches as possible. We'll try to give priority to returning coaches, so will use this thread to keep informed about dates etc.
I'm planning draft order to be reverse ladder position from last year, if majority agree to this. Order is as per final ladder position detailed a few posts above. Next thing to determine is number of keepers each side has. We have total squad number of 40 and my feeling is we should have around a minimum of 6 to 8 delistings per side, but welcome all input on this before decision is made.
I know last year the draft was an issue for some, but this year with much fewer players to be selected, we can allow more than the 30 seconds of last year.

Please advise your preferences re above, so we can get things going again when UF is available.

Happy new year everyone - lets hope 2021 is much better than 2020. Looking forward to a new season and hope we get as many returning coaches as possible. We'll try to give priority to returning coaches, so will use this thread to keep informed about dates etc.
I'm planning draft order to be reverse ladder position from last year, if majority agree to this. Order is as per final ladder position detailed a few posts above. Next thing to determine is number of keepers each side has. We have total squad number of 40 and my feeling is we should have around a minimum of 6 to 8 delistings per side, but welcome all input on this before decision is made.
I know last year the draft was an issue for some, but this year with much fewer players to be selected, we can allow more than the 30 seconds of last year.

Please advise your preferences re above, so we can get things going again when UF is available.
Personally I would prefer 6 de-listings over 8 but won't go crazy if 8 is what everyone else wants.

Happy with reverse ladder position.

Hi, sorry for the intrusion. We are in our second year of keeper league so first year the draft is impacted by the keepers.

Interested to see how the keepers are done in the draft? Ie. Are they taken out of the draft pool pre draft? Or do they get allocated in the draft?

Thanks

Hi, sorry for the intrusion. We are in our second year of keeper league so first year the draft is impacted by the keepers.

Interested to see how the keepers are done in the draft? Ie. Are they taken out of the draft pool pre draft? Or do they get allocated in the draft?

Thanks
Hi, we are also in second year, but I have played in another keeper league before. What happens is that when UF is available again all returning coaches get to nominate their keepers and these are pre-selected at tailend of draft. So nominated keepers are not available for other teams to select. I think there is a fair bit of work for manager to do before draft in allocating keepers to these draft positions though.

If any spots become available I’m interested. Thanks

:)Towards the end of last year, we had a couple of non players, so there's a strong chance of a spot or two being available. I'll use this thread to advise when the league is to be re-enacted to try to get as many returning coaches as possible. Hope to see you.

Ok. Ultimate Footy is now up and running and I have restored the league. I understand that all existing coaches now have the opportunity to login and restore their team from last year in this league, so I'll allow a couple of weeks or so to enable this. After this I'll invite new coaches to take over teams from any non returning coaches (if any) and will give priority to the couple who have already expressed interest. As a reminder, we have squads of 40 players, league is a category based scoring system and we'll be looking to delist a minimum of 6 players from each team (you can delist more) before the draft. Will keep you all updated when I have time.

Returning coaches will have to sign up again to the league by 20 Feb to avoid being replaced by new coaches. All coaches will then need to nominate his / her keepers from last years team (a maximum of 34) by say, Feb 28 to give me time to finalise all squads before the draft. Possibly looking to hold the draft on March 6 or 13 if suits all. Season starts again on March 18.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back