Rumour Ugle Hagan arrested?

Remove this Banner Ad

Like the hammy stiffness because you’ve admitted taking drugs days before a game or a legit circumstance
It's legit.

This is what is wrong with the AFL drugs policy. Now every player who misses a game will attract idiotic rumours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love the particular criticism Cornes has here. “In an ideal world”.

This is where the over saturation of footy media is readily apparent. To stay relevant as a media personality, you need to criticise anything less than “ideal”. You can’t just look at this and let it slide. You HAVE to have a take on it.

I won’t pretend to know JUH’s situation but when my father passed away unexpectedly (I was in my mid 20s) I had 3 weeks off work.

He died interstate (in a 3rd state to me - parents travelling in Qld but from Tasmania, myself working in SA at the time). First I travelled to be with my mum and help organise plans to return, cancel rest of holidays etc. That was a good 10-14 days. Then once we got his body home we had to sort out a funeral but we also had to have every family & friend drop over who had not yet seen my mother or myself.

Did I sit around doing sweet heck at all at night? No, I had a few drinks with mates (both ones in Qld when I was up there organising stuff and back when I got home) and watched the footy and had a bonfire - and if there had been a local sports even to attend one night we would have. That’s what mates do with you in tough times. If my work found out I was doing that I can’t imagine it would be a problem. “Oh your mates want to be around you and support you and keep you keeping on, what a big deal”.

Now it doesn’t sound like there was a death for JUH but might have been a near miss which would be just as shocking, and you need time & mechanisms to work your way through it. Plus he’s still pretty much a kid.

Move. On.

I love the particular criticism Cornes has here. “In an ideal world”.

This is where the over saturation of footy media is readily apparent. To stay relevant as a media personality, you need to criticise anything less than “ideal”. You can’t just look at this and let it slide. You HAVE to have a take on it.

You have to laugh when Tom Morris is masquerading as the nice guy - “he’s allowed to live his life..”, when he’s the one dropping the irrelevant tidbit of ‘news’ on the table for Kornes to criticise. 😅

I won’t pretend to know JUH’s situation but when my father passed away unexpectedly (I was in my mid 20s) I had 3 weeks off work.

He died interstate (in a 3rd state to me - parents travelling in Qld but from Tasmania, myself working in SA at the time). First I travelled to be with my mum and help organise plans to return, cancel rest of holidays etc. That was a good 10-14 days. Then once we got his body home we had to sort out a funeral but we also had to have every family & friend drop over who had not yet seen my mother or myself.

Did I sit around doing sweet * at all at night? No, I had a few drinks with mates (both ones in Qld when I was up there organising stuff and back when I got home) and watched the footy and had a bonfire - and if there had been a local sports even to attend one night we would have. That’s what mates do with you in tough times. If my work found out I was doing that I can’t imagine it would be a problem. “Oh your mates want to be around you and support you and keep you keeping on, what a big deal”.

Now it doesn’t sound like there was a death for JUH but might have been a near miss which would be just as shocking, and you need time & mechanisms to work your way through it. Plus he’s still pretty much a kid.

Move. On.
I'm sorry to hear of the situation surrounding the passing of your father. Your sentiment is spot on. Having experienced a bit of loss and other less than ideal situations in life, everybody handles things differently.

In all likelihood something happened or nearly happened, the club told Jamarra to take as much time away from the club as he needs and not to focus on football. Nothing he has done is wrong and I hope he's back as soon as he feels ready. Whether that's this week or three weeks, it's fine.

AYFX.gif

Did I sit around doing sweet * at all at night? No, I had a few drinks with mates (both ones in Qld when I was up there organising stuff and back when I got home) and watched the footy and had a bonfire - and if there had been a local sports even to attend one night we would have. That’s what mates do with you in tough times. If my work found out I was doing that I can’t imagine it would be a problem. “Oh your mates want to be around you and support you and keep you keeping on, what a big deal”.

Move. On.
To make it even less of a story, he’d checked with the club in advance and they gave it the all clear. Media is pure trash, so much focus on non-issues like this rather than actually analysing, you know, the footy

If the club knew about it and were happy to tick it off, why the heck does Kane Cornes care and need to comment on it? Who is supposed to be upset about this?

The insistence on needing to talk about every little thing that does or does not happen is nauseating. How would Jamarra feel dealing with a personal situation in his own way, as he's allowed to do and fully endorsed by the club, only to have it brought up by a bunch of morons in the media who want to create a headline at every opportunity. There's a human element to this which is regularly ignored until it's too late.

As a football & boxing fan, I can confirm that attending townhall boxing events is probably a bit of a bad look, regardless of whether or not he played this round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back