Transgender - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Please be aware that the tolerance of anti-trans language on BF is at an all-time low. Jokes and insults that are trans-related, as well as anti-trans and bigoted rhetoric will be met with infractions, threadbans etc as required. It's a sensitive (and important) topic, so behave like well-mannered adults when discussing it, PARTICULARLY when disagreeing. This equally applies across the whole site.

Yes I appreciate the effort to respond in detail, but some of the detail doesn't match with the experience of friends and their children.

It takes a few years of preparation and counselling. Kids who have thoughts about being the opposite gender aren't nabbed off the street by Antifa and "transed".

I believe that due to lack of resources in the NHS it wasn't as thorough in some instances. So of course the Tories cut all resources because of "the scandal".

The Tory way. Cut funding (recently by taking doctors pay rises out of capital budgets) until it's broken, then close it down and give a fat contract to a mate to run it.

If Cass results in proper resourcing then of course that's great.

defund the system

'the system doesn't work so we need to privatise it'

This study on trans women's athletic disadvantages ought to change the debate
Few anti-LGBTQ policies have taken off as quickly as those banning trans women and girls from women’s and girls’ sports. https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/olympic-trans-women-ioc-study-rcna148437

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It's a very small study that seems as though the participants were just people who semi regularly exercise, of quite different ages and fitness levels, and doesn't compare athletes at high level competition, which would be more insightful.

Yes I appreciate the effort to respond in detail, but some of the detail doesn't match with the experience of friends and their children.

It takes a few years of preparation and counselling.
just on this, back on 22 April radio 6PR spoke on the issue and a mum called in.
starts at 49mins in the podcast below

just prior to her at 44mins a Dr rang in.

the earlier segment with opposition leader was at 24 mins

* Mad conservative anti-trans doctor ranting on. ("And I'm also a father of 5 children, Gary, so I know!") Making bullshit arguments about "we don't let them jump off a roof if they say they are Superman!" Same old crap.

* Straw manning about stopping puberty at 10 and restarting at 20... ? Who does that?

* Mum unhappy with a consult 8 years ago with her 17 year old daughter who had been out as trans for over a year? Mum blames an assault at 15.

* Daughter transitioned in 2020, Mum talks about "in Covid nobody was operating but we still had a doctor who was happy to cut off women's breasts!"

* It sounds like a bad situation but her language "she's unhappier than ever, in a dress and a beard walking around like a circus act!"

* The mum now has started a support group for parents who think they have been hard done by. So she's not just a random listener. It sounds like she's a bit PTSD herself which can happen with people listening to bad stories from multiple people.

Then he moves on without anyone offering a single counterpoint.

(Oh my God the next one is a "we need coal and to stop critical race theory")

Last edited:
* Mad conservative anti-trans doctor ranting on. ("And I'm also a father of 5 children, Gary, so I know!") Making bullshit arguments about "we don't let them jump off a roof if they say they are Superman!" Same old crap.

* Straw manning about stopping puberty at 10 and restarting at 20... ? Who does that?

* Mum unhappy with a consult 8 years ago with her 17 year old daughter who had been out as trans for over a year? Mum blames an assault at 15.

* Daughter transitioned in 2020, Mum talks about "in Covid nobody was operating but we still had a doctor who was happy to cut off women's breasts!"

* It sounds like a bad situation but her language "she's unhappier than ever, in a dress and a beard walking around like a circus act!"

* The mum now has started a support group for parents who think they have been hard done by. So she's not just a random listener. It sounds like she's a bit PTSD herself which can happen with people listening to bad stories from multiple people.

Then he moves on without anyone offering a single counterpoint.

(Oh my God the next one is a "we need coal and to stop critical race theory")
You've not listened to WA talkback much before, have you Chief?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back