List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

LDU is exactly the type we need.
Dynamic midfielder that's strong and has a burst of speed.

Literally should be our number 1 target.

I'm also still of the opinion that we should be seriously looking at Tarryn Thomas. One year deal. Won't cost us anything. Even if he is a culture killer he won't be there long enough for it to really impact adversely.
Low risk, incredibly high reward if it works.

I'm also still of the opinion that we should be seriously looking at Tarryn Thomas. One year deal. Won't cost us anything. Even if he is a culture killer he won't be there long enough for it to really impact adversely.

LDU would be too expensive IMO.
If we were contending i'd be keen but I'd rather use the 1st rounder to draft a kid....

Thomas is worth the risk IMO.
He is Mansells cousin so that could help him buy into our culture.
Having senior indigenious figures around him may help as well.

He will be in such hot demand , think coll in particular who in 2y will look like a graveyard by comparison to current playing stocks . Right now I want us to use our pics , have a dip at FA but not anything stupid

It would be such a hard sell to the supporters IMO, and I personally could never support him. I also would hate the message it sends to our female base.

I can forgive many things, but not this. Maybe its too close to my childhood.

For all the people that say trade Shai Bolton. other clubs literally Dream of this guy playing for their club!
1713921243416.png

It would be such a hard sell to the supporters IMO, and I personally could never support him. I also would hate the message it sends to our female base.

I can forgive many things, but not this. Maybe its too close to my childhood.
You make some great points and I often look at things too black and white and more from a business sense. I just know how good he is and how good he can be so I typically don't consider the flow on effect.

Most teams have an AFLW team now so I think any club considering taking on someone like Thomas will need to navigate the complexities of that.

IMO if he does all the right things from now until decision time and shows a clear change in mindset and behavior, we'd be silly not to explore it.

A talent like Tarryn Thomas for free is rare as hens teeth. But he'd have to show genuine growth as a person between now and then.

Last edited:
Not true.

Pickett? (maybe :$)
Stengle?
De Goey?
Andrew Krakouer?
Fevola?
Cousins?

etc etc.
But TT is coming from a long way back. If he can get himself on track he is fantastic. If not he is poison. Right now he is poison. So we wait and see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But TT is coming from a long way back. If he can get himself on track he is fantastic. If not he is poison. Right now he is poison. So we wait and see.
Not really much leadership around him at North, especially Aboriginal leaders.

Would have a much bigger support network with us.

LDU yes, but as a RFA at the end of 2025, not this year.

TT would need to be 200% sure that everything is ticked off in regards to the off field issues, so that there is no possibility of it coming back to bite us. Even then I'd still be hesitant because a lot of goodwill can be quickly undone and it can take quite a bit to rebuild it.

He seems to get injured a lot though, definitely would not overpay for him.
If we are not overpaying for him, then we aren't getting him.

As mentioned above TT has not really had a great leadership at norf and 23 year old players are still really kids so i think he has time to get his sheet together and learn.

Think he does get another shot and will be a better person but who its with who knows
But i would atleast have the conversation and see where things are at with him and maybe have Peggy & MonCont in the meeting.

He will be in such hot demand , think coll in particular who in 2y will look like a graveyard by comparison to current playing stocks . Right now I want us to use our pics , have a dip at FA but not anything stupid
Just in time for Tassie to arrive....

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

A talent like Tarryn Thomas for free is rare as hens teeth. But he'd have to show genuine growth as a person between now and then.
That would have been my viewpoint after the 1st time. he's since gone & done the same thing again. No Dickhead policy at Tigerland. I agree with the above comment about it being a hard sell to the members, particularly our Female Members, who i don't think will be too thrilled with the idea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back