List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could easily win the next three

And Geelong could easily lose the 2nd Semi next year and lose and an Elimination the year after.....;)

Chris Scott is the biggest fraud in football

Watching Melbourne tonight highlights our need to just hit the draft, we built our dynasty going through the draft then added players like nank, Prestia, caddy and lynch later for needs. Melbourne have done exactly the same then added guys like may, lever, Langdon to address their deficiencies. Can see the dees being dominant for next 2-3 now. I know they haven’t even won a flag yet, but boy are they set
Yes their age profile is scary

But everyone is saying it like we can go after a gun player right now? Players like short, broad, vlaustin, nank sure would be playing for less then what they could get elsewhere but they still would have been given pay rises for what they’ve done for the club the last four years which would be taking the money our older stars have been giving up. Put all that together plus our bigger contracts for Martin, lynch and also Prestia don’t see where all our cash would come from I think possibly next year if jack and cotch retire or the year after is when we can have a serious look at top tier free agents

I thought Prestia would have got a drop from his extension especially given the hammies

No we need to load up with qty kids NOW

Would be hard to beat Melbourne next year let alone Port if they get Dawson and whatever else.

If Mebourne want a trade Petty might be a handy pick up that would not cost the earth and is young enough I think. Dees are chasing Cerra which I find hard to believe but they have a few contracts ending next year as well as Jackson wanting a pay rise as others target

I don’t understand why so many people on here suddenly think we have cash to spend just because houli and Astbury have retired? Houli was forced out which makes me think he was on a bit more then astbury because we were trying to convince Dave to keep going. The claim we got Bolton for “unders” doesn’t mean we have money either, it most likely means we couldn’t afford the extra 200k or so he was being offered by a rival club. Hence he signed for 2 years, wait for free agency (if he’s available for it, I haven’t looked into that) and probably had explained to him, stay at the tigers for now where they’ve done well by you and then if they don’t have the money again by next time we’ll have a good look around to sort the rest of your life out with a large long term deal.
Plus lynch is on a back ended deal, just played his 3rd year of a 7 year deal! That money is going to start to go up and go up high!
All I can see us doing is maybe doing a few pick swaps/upgrades and possibly getting talia on not a lot of coin, lose one or both of cj and chol and potentially lose caddy if he thinks there is more opportunities elsewhere and then delist Garth and/or Miller and egg giving us anywhere between 4-7 picks in the draft
You sir are spot on👍👍

They could easily win the next three

Heard that before

Remember the media telling us GWS and GCS would alternate for the next decade

They’ve had no injuries and a great year good luck to them but talking about easily winning the next 3 before winning 1 is nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watching Melbourne tonight highlights our need to just hit the draft, we built our dynasty going through the draft then added players like nank, Prestia, caddy and lynch later for needs. Melbourne have done exactly the same then added guys like may, lever, Langdon to address their deficiencies. Can see the dees being dominant for next 2-3 now. I know they haven’t even won a flag yet, but boy are they set
Haven’t had an injury all season aside from potato Tomlinson, will see how good they are when their luck changes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard that before

Remember the media telling us GWS and GCS would alternate for the next decade

They’ve had no injuries and a great year good luck to them but talking about easily winning the next 3 before winning 1 is nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok

Dees and Dogs are the big 2 for the next 5 years.

Lions as well, potentially.
Every year is different people get sucked in all the time. Either can turn to shit just as quick as they got good

Haven’t had an injury all season aside from potato Tomlinson, will see how good they are when their luck changes
Need a bit of luck with injuries for premiership run, 2017 & 18 was a dream for us. 19&20 were challenged but got them back back half of year and had clean run into finals. Their age profile is scary good and they are now the team to beat next few years.

We're gonna have to open up quite a few spots to use 5 picks in the draft especially if Talia is taken as well.

Currently 3 vacancies, will only be 1 if **** Narkle and Jenny Talia are added. Means we will have to lose 4 more players off the senior list
Yep, close the thread. We goin to the draft.

Can we trade Geelong’s 2021 first round pick for their 2022 first round pick? Might even throw in a spare 2nd rounder as a sweetener.

why, just because Geelong got belted by Melbourne does not mean many teams below them are that much chop yet either.

Melbourne could have belted the Lions, Swans or others as well possibly. They look strong but a few things went their way to.

Would Geelong trade out and go straight to the spoon as a strategy? Probably not

Can we trade Geelong’s 2021 first round pick for their 2022 first round pick? Might even throw in a spare 2nd rounder as a sweetener.

They will be desperate to trade back into the first round. As was obvious to everyone, if they didn't jag a flag after years of topping up they were gonna end up ****ed.

Well now they're ****ed.

I would trade pick 15 (or whatever it is) for next year's first in a heartbeat. They could well end up bottom 4. No matter which way you slice it they arent making the prelim next year, so it's a clear win to us, especially if we do that theoretical trade with the bulldogs to get another first.

They will be desperate to trade back into the first round. As was obvious to everyone, if they didn't jag a flag after years of topping up they were gonna end up f’ed.

I would trade pick 15 (or whatever it is) for next year's first in a heartbeat. They could well end up bottom 4. No matter which way you slice it they arent making the prelim next year, so it's a clear win to us, especially if we do that theoretical trade with the bulldogs to get another first.

They will not be bottom four.

They should drop but the mid-range teams are capable of big fluctuations. I would not anticipate a Collingwood scenario prior to any trades for futures.

They may not make finals although finals would be their expectation probably but there are other factors which make a bottom four possibility difficult.

It would be wise not to over play the situation and cough up too much for a supposed future pick as opposed to a measured strategy in the clubs favour

Last edited:
They will not be bottom four.

They should drop but the mid-range teams are capable of big fluctuations. I would not anticipate a Collingwood scenario prior to any trades for futures

Their only hope is home ground advantage against the really shit teams gets them half a dozen easy wins. Finishing top 4 gets them a tough draw too.

But the main thing is their list is just way too old. Now sometimes old players get crafty and play on at a high level but even that's a law of diminishing returns, which is why I said all along their one chance at winning a flag was when ablett came back.

Also old crafty players tend to do hammies. I doubt they will spoon but let's see.

Their only hope is home ground advantage against the really sh*t teams gets them half a dozen easy wins. Finishing top 4 gets them a tough draw too.

But the main thing is their list is just way too old. Now sometimes old players get crafty and play on at a high level but even that's a law of diminishing returns, which is why I said all along their one chance at winning a flag was when ablett came back.

Also old crafty players tend to do hammies. I doubt they will spoon but let's see.

Agree, and remember its not just about winning premierships. Geelong town revolves around the team. They are paying off a stadium and development and all the spoils of success.

The spoon is inevitable so what is the best approach for them? They may as well keep going as long as they can because when it bites they will be in the trough for a while either way and players will not go there for a good while. They will be drafting for many years not to far away from now to mount any resurgence when they commence bottoming out.

Even this year they may trade for a pick this year to start drafting for the inevitable

Last edited:
They will be desperate to trade back into the first round. As was obvious to everyone, if they didn't jag a flag after years of topping up they were gonna end up f’ed.

Well now they're f’ed.

I doubt they will be bottom four. The cheap wins they get because of their home ground advantage always mean they'll at least break even in the win/loss count (which of course all turns to crap comes finals). True we might be able to move up the draft if we did an exchange, but it won't be that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back