List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

I see a few mentions of trading Lynch, I think tiger_tough even mentioned it months ago.

I guess the question is, who would want him? What would they pay?

Would need to be to a team that views him as the missing piece to a flag in 25/26.

Pies?
Dees?
Cats if Hawkins retires?
Swans?

I just cant see the return being worth the trade from our POV

I see a few mentions of trading Lynch, I think tiger_tough even mentioned it months ago.

Would need to be to a team that views him as the missing piece to a flag in 25/26.

Pies?
Dees?
Cats if Hawkins retires?
Swans?

Well put it this way.
If they believe Lynch would help land them the premiership.
Their F1 i'd be asking for.
They win the flag they would say money well spent.

Well put it this way.
I agree, a 1st rounder would be minimum for me.

Well put it this way.
If we traded Lynch then I think that we would need to something sacrilegious and get in the ear of Hawkins to see if he wants to be a Part time Tall forward coach with maybe some playing duties for 5 - 6 games a year. We need someone who can be there at training and teaching tall forward craft to our forwards and we then keep the costs out of the FD cost cap.

If that doesn't go through then we need to get more from Richo and maybe get in the ear of Matthew Lloyd to be part time Tall forward consultants. If it is just Balta, Kosi, Lefau, Ryan and the forwards coach of Teague it is the blind leading the blind and deaf in terms of tall forward craft.

Pies?
Dees?
Cats if Hawkins retires?
Swans?

Dees would 100%. They'd win the flag next year with a fit a Gawn, May, Lever, Petracca and Lynch.
Cats too now that Hawkins is absolutely cooked.
Swans only if Logan McDonald goes to Freo but the rise of Treacy might mean they cool on him.
Pies are on record saying no more trading early picks for a while.
Could see Essendon getting a bit excited now that they're no longer s**t.

Lynch won't be around by the time we're challenging for finals so if we could get a 1st round pick I'd be jumping at it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back