Tottenham Hotspur - my vent thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Man, you picked your game didn't you?:thumbsu:

I was fortunate enough to be at the Lane last season (the only time I have ever been there) to see us beat Blackburn 1-0 thanks to a Pavluyuchenko goal. The atmosphere was something else and it was Harry's first win as Spurs manager. In truth though, the game that I saw was a rather dreary affair. You got so lucky on the weekend. Spurs performance was extraordinary.

NB - on Modric, he comes straight back in. He is about our best player (along with Lennon). Like you though, I have no idea who he replaces. Huddlestone and Kranjcar are both doing well and Lennon obviously picks himself. Keane might be warming the pine for a bit as I really do like having Crouch for variety alongside Defoe....even though Keano is my favourite player. Bassong is another guy who will be pressing his claim over the next month. Good times ahead I think. :)

One of the upsides to living in London is that I can get up to White Hart Lane on a regular basis. Usually about once every 5-6 weeks, depending on schedules, so it was just good luck that I happened to choose this game. I have seen some crackers over the last couple of years, but have seen my share of duds as well. Sums up life as a Spurs fan!

I agree with all your comments above. Modric is a must start, and I think Kranjcar will probably be the one to give way. Defoe and Crouch upfront, Lennon, Huddlestone, Palacios and Modric in the midfield, Assou-Ekotto, Corluka, and 2 of Woodgate/Bassong/King depending on injuries is probably our best team. That leaves Keane as reserve striker/super-sub, Kranjcar, Jenas et al as reserve mids, Dawson as reserve centre back, with Bale/Hutton as reserve wing backs. Pretty nice depth, although I think in the transfer window we will be in the market for another centre back, another holding midfielder and potentially an attacking midfielder. A cheap 4th striker would probably come in handy as well.

Pav and Bentley are way too expensive to be sitting on the bench every game, so they will likely be on their way out.

I think if we play at home against weaker teams physically we can afford to line up Lennon-Palacios-kranjcar-Modrc, but the lightweight midfield would get killed away from home and against stronger teams, so I think Huddlestone will partner Palacios with Kranjcar on the bench.

Huddlestone has improved ALOT this year from what I have seen.

The strange thing is that from going with no left sided midfielders we know have Kranjcar, Modric, Bentley, Lennon, GDS, O'Hara and Bale who are all capable of playing on the left. We all know Harry loves Keane and will play him on the left too which I dont agree with.

With Lennon and the left skilled mid of Kranjcar, Modric etc swapping from flank to flank running riot down the sides of White Hart Lane terrorising defenders gets me very excited.

Will be very interesting to see how we play against Aston Villa. Obviously the Wigan scoreline was a one off, and I think it would mean more to me to get a 2-0 win away from home against 5th places Villa.

What the f*** happened this morning?

I still can't f***ing believe what I saw. How the f*** did we drop two points today? Two goals up with quarter of an hour to go, a missed penalty and a handful of very good chances that were butchered. F*** me.

Jesus effing Christ, I am still fuming.:mad:

PS: how f***ing sh*t is Gareth Bale? That is the worst game that I have witnessed from an individual Spurs player in a long time. F***ing hack.

What the f*** happened this morning?

I still can't f***ing believe what I saw. How the f*** did we drop two points today? Two goals up with quarter of an hour to go, a missed penalty and a handful of very good chances that were butchered. F*** me.

Jesus effing Christ, I am still fuming.:mad:

PS: how f***ing sh*t is Gareth Bale? That is the worst game that I have witnessed from an individual Spurs player in a long time. F***ing hack.

You read my mind - except for the Gareth Bale part.

If Assou-Ekkoto hadn't had such a shocker in the first half, we would never have seen Bale on the pitch in the first place.

You read my mind - except for the Gareth Bale part.

If Assou-Ekkoto hadn't had such a shocker in the first half, we would never have seen Bale on the pitch in the first place.

Mate, I am absolutely filthy on what was dished up in the last 15 minutes today. Crouch butchered at least three great chances and as for JD's missed penalty, well all I will say is that my missus would have hit it better.

Bale was awful. Aside from hitting a nice free kick he lost control or turned over just about every ball he had possession of. Not to mention the fact that he allowed the Everton debutant get behind him and supply the ball for Saha's goal. Assou-Ekotto wasn't great today either but I suspect he stays on the pitch if not for the yellow card that he picked up.

I suppose I am doubly pissed off because bloody Man City took the win against Chelsea and Villa also won which made for an awful weekend for Spurs.

Agree, but Bale is not a left back. He is a left mid, or left winger/wing back.

His free kicks, corners, speed and skill will allow him to be more than a decent left winger in my opinion, but defensively he just isnt up to it. The sooner Redknapp and co work that out the better I think.

Two home games against Wolves and City... Considering we dropped easy points against Everton I won't accept anything but 6 points from these next two games.

Modric was back in a friendly, so we may see him on the bench vs city, whilst Dos Santos impressed in that same friendly and its been hinted he will be on the bench.

I am really worried about Naughton. I never liked the idea of not having a reserve team. Sure we play friendlys, but the intensity wont be helping nay of the players develop (ie naughton and bale) or find any form (bentley, pavlyuchenko). We need to loan the younger players out I think. Its all well and good saying 'look at all this depth we have' but its a complete waste if they are just training and playing the odd low key friendly.

What a crap weekend.

Yep, just s**t. The only saving grace was that Liverpool lost and Man City again dropped points. I am not concerned with Villa being 4th but we just have to win against City on Thursday morning and beat Blackburn on Saturday. We have to put a gap in Liverpool before they get players back and we need to keep City at arms length before they decide to start winning some games.

God, we looked bloody awful against Wolves.:eek:

Yep, just s**t. The only saving grace was that Liverpool lost and Man City again dropped points. I am not concerned with Villa being 4th but we just have to win against City on Thursday morning and beat Blackburn on Saturday. We have to put a gap in Liverpool before they get players back and we need to keep City at arms length before they decide to start winning some games.

God, we looked bloody awful against Wolves.:eek:

Massive game against City tomorrow night. It is going to be very interesting to see what lineup Harry goes with.

COYS

Spurs 3
Man City 0

Double to Kranjcar.

MASSSIVE result.

The Lane was rocking last night. Everyone knew it was a huge game for the club and the crowd was well and truly up for it. I am starting to think that I am a good luck charm:thumbsu:

One of the best performances of the year from Spurs. Dawson was immense at the back and we looked really sharp in the midfield.

It is certainly going to be difficult to shift Krancjar from the team now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where do I start?
Redknapp? Keane? Palacios? Jenas?

Modric on the right?
Bringing Hutton, Keane and Bassong on? Agree with Hutton, but bring GDS on FFS. Even Pav and play a 4-3-3.

Keano to Celtic on loan......and this thread has another twist and turn!

I am not sure how I feel about this. I think Gudjohnsen will be good for us, it will be interesting to see how Harry uses Pav now.

Maybe Harry thinks that constantly shaking things up keeps everyone on their toes?

It is gonna be very interesting to see how this all plays out.

Keano to Celtic on loan......and this thread has another twist and turn!

I am not sure how I feel about this. I think Gudjohnsen will be good for us, it will be interesting to see how Harry uses Pav now.

Maybe Harry thinks that constantly shaking things up keeps everyone on their toes?

It is gonna be very interesting to see how this all plays out.

Harry just doesn't use Pav at all in the Premiership....I wonder why he hasn't been sold.:confused:

Gudjohnsen might be past his best....will wait and see on that one.

Harry just doesn't use Pav at all in the Premiership....I wonder why he hasn't been sold.:confused:

Gudjohnsen might be past his best....will wait and see on that one.

I'm forever grateful for what Harry has done for the club. But I've learnt that he is the biggest bullshit artist going around. One minute he is telling the media how Robbie Keane still has an important role to play at Spurs, the next minute he's in Glasgow signing for Celtic.. I don't believe anything he says anymore.

He is also by far the most stubborn manager in the league. Playing the very limited Crouch over Pav is laughable. There is clearly a rift between Harry and Pav and it is costing us big time.

Spurs 3
Man City 0

Double to Kranjcar.

MASSSIVE result.

... and we did the double over City to make the Champions League!!!

I do want to vent however that I missed the game. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back