Tottenham Hotspur - my vent thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the Spuds, even though I'm a Gooner through and through. I guess growing up in Australia means I haven't (yet) experienced the local rivalry first-hand, so it's hard to relate.

Anyway... Personally I feel Redknapp has done a wonderful job there, but I don't think he's the man that can take them that next step. I feel they'll be a victim of their own success: I feel Tottenham will struggle to keep hold of their best players in this upcoming window - the likes of Bale, Van der Vaart (though I'd expect him to stay considering he's just signed) and Modric will be hot property, and now having had a taste of CL Football will be considering their options.

I think they're probably another quality CB (or, a fit and firing King - which is nothing more than a pipe-dream now, which is a shame) and a Striker short of a top 4 squad. But Harry being Harry he'll probably buy a plethora of decent-to-good players who just aren't the real quality they need.

Will be interesting to see where they go from here, and since they're a genuine football side who plays a good brand of football I would like to see them (or Liverpool) leapfrog City next season.

Just can't see that happening J2S.

'Arry himself said the other day that City qualifying for CL next season will only widen the gap.

We can now attract the best talent in the world with the lure of playing CL football.

My tip is that your Gooners might be in struggle town next year unless you start plugging some holes.

Fibreglass looks set to bolt and Nasri still hasn't signed to the best of my knowledge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey, we have 20 mil from the Keane Transfer, look at the plus. He will not get as much game time at Liverpool, and he is missing out on something special over 08/09. Spurs did not push him out, he wanted to leave to a bigger club. Someone who states after the Carling Cup win that his future is at WHL but then changes his mind... I do not want him on my team. With Ramos bringing in Bentley, Dos Santos, Modric et al, we are set attackingly and throughout the wings with Lennon.

Gomes is a massive upgrade on the un-confident Robinson. Now, if Berbatov goes we are going to have upwards of 45-50 million pounds... We can go with a quality striker to partner Bent.

Its not all doom and gloom at White Hart Lane, but gee if Keane scores against us I will not be happy.
I was kinda right, kinda wrong The Cryptkeeper.

That Dos Santos did alright...

As an Arsenal fan I couldn't possibly be any more pessimistic about the club and the direction it's heading. Kreonke's are the most pathetic apathetic owners. Edu and Arteta are so far out of their depth.

I hope the Paella Pulis gets the arse ASAP.

A pox on you for reviving this thread.

Life after Kane depends on entirely how Paratici manages our transfer business and whether Levy pockets the dough or reinvests.
Can we get jd and Art in here to debate it here as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back