Tottenham Hotspur - my vent thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

0-0 at home against the scumbags (ManU) this morning. Good performance, created some good opportunities and Gomes is finally starting to show the world why we purchased him. Still need to get more out of Jenas though.

Ticking along nicely all things considered.

NB: Christiano Ronaldo might be the world's best player but he might also be the world's biggest fcukwit. The moron lashed out at Dawson this morning after what was a fair challenge where he lost the ball. w***er.

Nice one....

Cost you double what you sold him for. :eek:

Not correct.

The deal is far more complicated than that because Pompey still haven't coughed up the dosh for Younes Kaboul and Pedro Mendes.

That said, I am somewhat pissed off about the transfer as I have never personally rated Defoe.:mad:

I think you'll find that there's also a large chunk of the original 7.5 million for Defoe that Pompey still owe Spurs.....

Yep, and so I have no sympathy that we poached Harry Redknapp from them......although I still maintain that Defoe is a cat.

Yep, and so I have no sympathy that we poached Harry Redknapp from them......although I still maintain that Defoe is a cat.

Can't agree.

Defoe is exactly what we need up front. A fast, solid finisher who will complement Bent and Pavlyuchenko.

Every time he has been given opportunities, he has scored goals. Can't do any more than that.

It was bad business to sell him at a discount last year, but that is history. Levy/Ramos got outfoxed by Harry, so we decided to not only by the player back, but bought the fox as well. Pretty smart really.

And Arsenal are still "young and inexperienced". Wenger has his convenient excuses still in tact and ready to be wheeled out when the Gooners go trophy-less again. Everyone is happy:thumbsu:

I'm glad that our run of poor form warms the cockles of your heart.

Just as your flirtation with the drop zone continues to keep a smile on my face.

The difference at the moment is that no-one of any note wants to come to White Hart Lane apart from previous rejects (who in all honesty has probably just tired of the south coast lifestyle), while it looks like the form striker from Euro 2008 will soon be showing his wares at Emirates.

BTW what are you doing with the other 15 million pound from the Berbatov deal?

BTW what are you doing with the other 15 million pound from the Berbatov deal?

Stewart Downing will be a Spurs player before the end of January. When a player wants out, he will find a way. We should know.

Then another central defender will be it for us in Jan I reckon.

In all seriousness, you guys need some help, and Arshavin (sp?) could help tie you over until Fabregas et al are healthy. Aston Villa are looking very solid, and are going to be very tough to toss for the last Champions League spot. Living in Highbury, I can tell you that the locals are anxiously hoping for Wenger to (finally) spend some money on established reinforcements.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another s**t effort this morning.:mad:

Does anybody want David Bentley? Aside from the goal against Arsenal can anybody tell me exactly what this pretend superstar has brought to the table. He can't even make our best 11 at present which tells a story in itself.

And Defoe is a cat....always has been. If you look up "frontrunner" in the dictionary there is a photo of him, right alongside Nathan Thompson.

Stewart Downing will be a Spurs player before the end of January. When a player wants out, he will find a way. We should know.

Then another central defender will be it for us in Jan I reckon.

In all seriousness, you guys need some help, and Arshavin (sp?) could help tie you over until Fabregas et al are healthy. Aston Villa are looking very solid, and are going to be very tough to toss for the last Champions League spot. Living in Highbury, I can tell you that the locals are anxiously hoping for Wenger to (finally) spend some money on established reinforcements.

What's the feeling there now Hinkley, a bit more at ease? I must admit I thought it was all over when Villa were up 2-0 against Stoke but those two goals may have saved us. Still some work to do, but the Gooners look like they will be hitting the CL again. You never know though:eek:

Speaking of that, another CL QF draw we get to look forward to tonight. Wouldn't mind Villareal:)

LOL.:D

Am a very pleased boy am I.

So CK, seeing that you are a Spurs man....can you or any other "Spurs" supporter help me with three questions???

1. With 9 games left are Spurs pretty well safe from relegation (50/50, 80/20, 100/0 etc???)
2. Has Harry Redknapp performed nothing short of miracle? or was it something else?
3. Are Spurs on the right track to break into the top 6 in the near future??? (say before 2012?)

I don't follow it closely enough, but relatives in Uk do....just not sure I ever get a straight answer with them.....

What's the feeling there now Hinkley, a bit more at ease? I must admit I thought it was all over when Villa were up 2-0 against Stoke but those two goals may have saved us. Still some work to do, but the Gooners look like they will be hitting the CL again. You never know though:eek:

Speaking of that, another CL QF draw we get to look forward to tonight. Wouldn't mind Villareal:)

Well watya know:thumbsu::)

So CK, seeing that you are a Spurs man....can you or any other "Spurs" supporter help me with three questions???

1. With 9 games left are Spurs pretty well safe from relegation (50/50, 80/20, 100/0 etc???)
2. Has Harry Redknapp performed nothing short of miracle? or was it something else?
3. Are Spurs on the right track to break into the top 6 in the near future??? (say before 2012?)

I don't follow it closely enough, but relatives in Uk do....just not sure I ever get a straight answer with them.....
I am not CK, but I'll have a go if you don't mind!
1. I'd say 80/20. 40 points is generally seen as safe... Another 6 points and I'd say we are safe. Its just so close this year. I very highly doubt we'll go down from this position.

2. Not sure if its Harry Redknapp, but since he has came to the club we are sitting 7th on form in that time. I think its more how bad Ramos was (Language problems, Playing players so far out of position eg Modric at CB) rather than how good Harry has been. Definatley a major improvement in the squads morale and tactics since Harry has been in charge.

3. We can't keep chopping and changing managers, or the squad. But our form in the back half of this season shows we are more than capable of challenging. Remember we finished 5th two years in a row not long ago. We're capable of it, but we are Tottenham.

I am not CK, but I'll have a go if you don't mind!
1. I'd say 80/20. 40 points is generally seen as safe... Another 6 points and I'd say we are safe. Its just so close this year. I very highly doubt we'll go down from this position.

2. Not sure if its Harry Redknapp, but since he has came to the club we are sitting 7th on form in that time. I think its more how bad Ramos was (Language problems, Playing players so far out of position eg Modric at CB) rather than how good Harry has been. Definatley a major improvement in the squads morale and tactics since Harry has been in charge.

3. We can't keep chopping and changing managers, or the squad. But our form in the back half of this season shows we are more than capable of challenging. Remember we finished 5th two years in a row not long ago. We're capable of it, but we are Tottenham.

Thanks C2R!:thumbsu:

Especially, the last line....good comment....gee's they are a frustrating mob!

Interesting times in Highbury right now. The Gooners have put together a nice run of form, although the locals are still of the opinion that a few more experienced re-inforcments would have been handy right now.

Strangely, the Gooners who I have spoken to are still on the fence about Wenger. They are of the opinion that Wenger doesn't like spending money because he wants to look like a genius if they win, and wants a ready made excuse if they don't. The way he carried on after the recent Hull FA Cup tie didn't exactly endear him to the locals either. I was surprised because the locals usually back their own no matter what, but there still seems to be a fair degree of animosity towards Wenger from the people I speak to (a very small group of locals in Highbury pubs:D).

Villa have hit a massive wall, and to be honest I think they are cactus. Spurs did you guys a massive favour last weekend, and Liverpool finished off the job yesterday. Arsenal are locks for 4th spot. Yes, it does pain me to say that:D.

Luckily Spurs improved form has softened the blow. In an unbelievable turn of events, we are currently only 3 points out of 7th which will be the last Uefa Cup spot for next year. It will be ridiculous if we end up there after the start to the season that we had.

We're capable of it, but we are Tottenham.

Ha ha, very true!

Thanks C2R!:thumbsu:

Especially, the last line....good comment....gee's they are a frustrating mob!

Being a Tottenham fan gives you an insight into what it must be like to barrack for Richmond.

Big club
Rich history
Stuff all consistancy:(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back