Summer Tokyo 2021 - Track & Field

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott Morrison is hunting Nic down as we speak
She's been well on that path for a while now.

She is bonkers but she makes for amazing viewing and happens to be an elite high jumper, just for good measure.

Good to see the toxic Aussie patriotism in full swing tonight - drug cheats, Aliens etc.

Stewie doesn't have a kick, unfortunately, but he has speed endurance in spades. Medalist will run all inside 3.30 , I'm convinced.
Jake looked super composed, as did Jakob.

my tips

cheruiyot
Ingebrigtsen

Whitman
McSweyn
kerr
kipsang
hoare hocker

the order of 2-5 can and might change

McSweyn didnt ease off, he faltered a fair bit the last 50. How he goes
will depend on his recovery, nerves etc
He has a huge base, im sure he'll be fine

its 2019 all over without Lewandowski and makhloufi, but faster

came back to check...what a race

so happy for Jakob. 13th Time lucky
sad Mcsweyn was there when it mattered, he looked spent and over raced.

NIck bideu trained athletes always fail on the big stage, he's like the proximo
of the euro circuit/circus

An Indian won the Men's Javelin. That's their first athletics medal. Previous best 2 4ths.

Best Placings:
Women P. T. Usha 400mH: 1984-4
Men Milkha Singh 400m: 1960-4

I had a bit of a chuckle watching the aftermath of the competition, the winner either embraced all of the other competitors or they came over and embraced him, the Pakistani was nowhere to be seen (unless they just missed them embracing, I just thought it funny that, that was the only one). I was actually hoping he'd pull out a big one with his last throw and take the gold just for the reactions.

Had a feeling she may be super religious with her pre jump routine.

She has a deep faith and respect to her for that. She jumped phenomenally well tonight. Let her have her time in the sun.

Richo trying his best to steer the interview away from the topic.

I thought Richo was the one that actually asked about it.

They said the same thing about Makhloufi after London, and especially after a training session where he runs low 1.44 as part of a down the clock session on his own paced by a bike.

same was said about El G after his TUE for asthma drug half way during his career.

or anyone that spent time in Oregon with alberto

Hicham was clearly on the gear. Every single one of his training partners were done. A case of being too big for the sport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have to re watch the interview. I take your word for it. I thought he tried to steer her answers away from it after she went on about it for a bit.
It's a massive part of her life, it was coming up even if Richo wasn't the one to bring it up.

6 PBs in the first 8 placings of the 1500m

Ingebrigtsen has a PB this year of 3.28.68 run lat year and SB of 3.29.25
Cheruiyot ran a PB of 3.28.28 to beat McSweyn and Katir in Monaco about 6 weeks ago.

The guy has speed. He ran a 4 minute mile as a 16 year old, has 2 older brothers who were 1500m runners, is only 20, runs 5000m as well and his PB of 12.48.45 run this year is the fastest time this year and 3rd best PB of runners who had qualified for the event, but the schedule meant you had to either chose 1500m or 5000m not both. Ingebrigtsen and McSweyn both decided to run the 1500m, Katir went the 5000m.

1628349483160.png

Well done to the Russian, too good on the night. The carry on here when the Aussies lose a medal to someone is embarrassing. I hope for the sake of the tantrum throwers that they are pre-pubescent, thus explaining the vagaries of their behaviour.
Win with class, lose with class. Applies not just to athletes but fans as well.

I would have to re watch the interview. I take your word for it. I thought he tried to steer her answers away from it after she went on about it for a bit.

Haven’t seen it but sounds like he released the kraken then scrambled to unrelease it once he realised what he’d done.

Bruce is right, Tamsyn should write a book to include all the little stories she has about athletes from around the world. The marathons and walks let he excel in telling them, better than her aths career. And Dave Culbert is also right, it could be called Tamsyn's Tales.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He definitely asked the question

Yeah he did ask about it. I don't see a problem with it as it clearly a big part of how she got to the point of being an Olympic silver medallist so it's pretty relevant.

Kipchoge dominates the marathon as expected by the WR holder and first man to break 2hrs in 2.08

Hate to have to do a 200m to sprint to get a medal.

heck that was bizarre. The ex Somalian now Dutch runner Abdi (silver) egging on the other ex Somalian now running for Belgium Nageeye, to beat Kenyan Cherono for bronze. There was a bit of Dubler egging on Moloney there.

3rd man to to do the Marathon double
Abebe Bikila of Ethiopia in 1960-64
Cierpinski of East German in 1976-80, but Africans boycotted both games.

What an effort from McDermott.
No idea if the Russian athlete had any involvement in doping, but honestly, that Russian athletes are competing feels like a farce.
Systemic doping deserved a systemic response.

"In the last three years, I heard 200 times that everything was done and we are going to be reinstated, but it's just beautiful words that we try to sell. All these people think that athletes do not see anything, they do not understand anything and that their only task is to jump and keep silence. They forgot that without the athletes, the existence of a sports federation does not make sense "says Lasitskene.

"I hope that the people involved in this endless shame will finally have the courage to leave. I point not only to management, but also to all those active coaches who are still convinced that without doping, it is impossible to win. The new generation of our athletes must grow with a different philosophy, and it is the coach who trains his athlete"

Bruce is right, Tamsyn should write a book to include all the little stories she has about athletes from around the world. The marathons and walks let he excel in telling them, better than her aths career. And Dave Culbert is also right, it could be called Tamsyn's Tales.
Bruce has been outdone by someone for once. Been incredible. I reckon she been studying hard in recent weeks and intended to outdo him.

Oz Athletics team finishes 10th under the World Athletics Placings Table.

I'd rather finish 12th like Italy with 5 gold medals worth 40pts for those, but it gives you an idea of the spread of top 8 efforts with 14 for 3 medals a silver and 2 bronzes with Matthew Denny's 4th being 5 cms from a bronze and Brandon Starc 2 cms from a bronze ( and Kelsey-Lee Barber being 6cms from turning bronze in silver). Eleanor Patterson was 4 cms off sharing a bronze.

Last four top 10 finishes
2000 10th 53 pts ( the biggest aths teams sent to a games with 87)
1984 9th 53 pts eastern bloc boycotted
1972 10th 29 pts First time USSR and GDR beat the yanks on the athletics table.
1968 5th 76 pts
2 Golds Ralph Doubell 800m and Maureen Caird in 80m hurdles, 3 Silvers to Pam Kilborn 80m hurdles, Raelene Boyle 200m and Peter Norman 200m, 1 Bronze to Jenny Lamy 200m. 6 medals in Mexico City is the last time Oz won more than 4 athletics medals at an Olympics. Apart from the disaster that was the Montreal Olympics for the entire Oz Olympic team, Oz has won at least 1 medal at an Olympics since WWII.

Every Olympics between 1948 and 1964 Oz finished top 10 as most of the western nations and eastern bloc were recovering from WWII and the Jamaican and Africans didn't take athletics seriously or have the funds to do so.

1628383409149.png

Edit confirmation from the pros

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back