Society & Culture Things you do/did that you probably think no one else does the sequel; More Things

Remove this Banner Ad

They just breed respect into their kids and actually have penalties for people who break the law

Japan is the same
I recall waking up quite early my first day on my first trip to Japan and seeing the streetsweeper cleaning an IMMACULATELY clean street, then seeing it again the next day.

They put in alot to keep public spaces clean and its mirrored in the behaviour.

I recall waking up quite early my first day on my first trip to Japan and seeing the streetsweeper cleaning an IMMACULATELY clean street, then seeing it again the next day.

It also keeps people employed. Workers seem to take great pride in doing their job well. Recently watched "The World's Most Punctual Train" on SBS. Absolutely fascinating look at Japan. I recommend going to SBS on Demand if you haven't seen it.

They just breed respect into their kids and actually have penalties for people who break the law

Japan is the same

It also keeps people employed. Workers seem to take great pride in doing their job well. Recently watched "The World's Most Punctual Train" on SBS. Absolutely fascinating look at Japan. I recommend going to SBS on Demand if you haven't seen it.

Well said everyone. Well said. I will echo what you've all said and mix it with my experiences in SEA. Pride and a will to work. Pride in their work. What is seen in perhaps western societies as menial and "low class" is seen as a badge of honour by society there. Street sweepers, out early as Phantom13 said, some with the asian broom and a bag only.

Respect. A respect for each other, the country and the location they live and work in. Desecration of public and private property is met with shake of the head. Here, I feel it is the same in that generally there's angst towards say graffiti, but then also acceptance in that it is what it is. Jobs such as cleaning or maintenance on a basic level are what "immigrants" do. The same immigrants that are taking our jerbs!!11!!!11!

Dogs mentions the trains punctuality. It's a will and honour to achieve excellence. The train is due to arrive at 10.22, it arrives at 10.22. But that also stems back to education. Kids want to achieve academically, and take pride in it. No ridicule for being a "nerd" which is historically an occurrence. Those who ridicule also reason that "yeah but they get tutors and just study all the time". Well, we all can and couldve (coming from a someone who was very much middle of the road).

I was fortunate to take a fellow aussie to SEA recently who had been once maybe a long time ago. He was amazed with how efficient and easy the train system was, and recounted how here a train is cancelled, it's running a bit late...whatever, it is what it is.

And another thing that is relevant to this thread.
After hand washing pots and or pans, place them on the stove to dry.

Well said everyone. Well said. I will echo what you've all said and mix it with my experiences in SEA. Pride and a will to work. Pride in their work. What is seen in perhaps western societies as menial and "low class" is seen as a badge of honour by society there. Street sweepers, out early as Phantom13 said, some with the asian broom and a bag only.

Respect. A respect for each other, the country and the location they live and work in. Desecration of public and private property is met with shake of the head. Here, I feel it is the same in that generally there's angst towards say graffiti, but then also acceptance in that it is what it is. Jobs such as cleaning or maintenance on a basic level are what "immigrants" do. The same immigrants that are taking our jerbs!!11!!!11!

Dogs mentions the trains punctuality. It's a will and honour to achieve excellence. The train is due to arrive at 10.22, it arrives at 10.22. But that also stems back to education. Kids want to achieve academically, and take pride in it. No ridicule for being a "nerd" which is historically an occurrence. Those who ridicule also reason that "yeah but they get tutors and just study all the time". Well, we all can and couldve (coming from a someone who was very much middle of the road).

I was fortunate to take a fellow aussie to SEA recently who had been once maybe a long time ago. He was amazed with how efficient and easy the train system was, and recounted how here a train is cancelled, it's running a bit late...whatever, it is what it is.

And another thing that is relevant to this thread.
After hand washing pots and or pans, place them on the stove to dry.
Spot on and I like the comment about everyone having employment

One thing I noticed was so many older people working .
This might also have something to do with things looking tidy and being done properly , the older generations had higher standards and still care . Which flows on to the younger employees who take on those standards. I love watching them go about their work with so much care and attention.

Honestly, Australia has become a “ how much can I make for as little work as possible “ society and customer service has gone down the toilet .

I’ve done my ankle so for the next 3 months I’ve had to come up with some form of exercise so I don’t blob out too much

So my plan is to do 20 sit ups and 20 push ups at each quarter break of a football game .(80 of each per game )
If I watch 3 games on a weekend I could do 240 of each

So theoretically the more footy I watch the fitter I get ( kind of ) 😁

I like to find TikToks about Kendrick Lamar and comment saying Drake ended Kendrick's career. I haven't listened to any of the diss tracks, but it sure revs them up when you say that.

I drive on bits of road that most people don't, like in merging lanes. Roadworks today there was a common trail left on the gravel so I drove on the uncompacted bits to flatten it out for the workers.

Sometimes I see objects in the distance and I try to touch the peaks of the objects

When I play my favorite songs I wait for the drops and epic drum beats and try to nail the timing.

i'm doing it with these two songs RN

Remove this Banner Ad

Back