The Yemen Conflict

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously?
We never hear of anyone who isn't involved in fighting with or against the Daesh in the msm. Have met mercenaries before, notably one Italian guy who fought against the Israelis in the Lebanon after serving time in the French Foreign legion. Intense stories

Report of Australian mercenary killed in Yemen

http://www.smh.com.au/world/australian-mercenary-reported-killed-in-yemen-20151209-glja9s.html

Former Australian special forces officers in UAE "praetorian guard" role

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/mercenaries-charge-uae-forces-fighting-yemen-764309832

So does that make Australian terrorists too? or does 500k a year make it legit?

Blackwater? ... well corporations have armies now by the looks. Scary times ahead.

Another doctors without borders hospital bombed ....
They keep turning up as witnesses to some serious atrocities committed by the west (or their proxies) It's a pattern, an undeniable pattern going back decades, if not centuries.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-...soldiers-caught-up-in-yemen-civil-war/7087566

That is some sick s**t. We got a guy paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to fight for a regime linked and guilty of hideous atrocities and we say he's there to help. This regime supplies alqueda in Syria and also ISIS. That is a matter of public record.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-...soldiers-caught-up-in-yemen-civil-war/7087566

That is some sick s**t. We got a guy paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to fight for a regime linked and guilty of hideous atrocities and we say he's there to help. This regime supplies alqueda in Syria and also ISIS. That is a matter of public record.
Our tax dollars were used to train and sustain (war welfare) this piece of crap whilst thousands of kids have to pay for their education. I want my money back and all of his Australian assets confiscated!......lickspittle dog and ISIS sympathiser...:mad::fire:

Last edited:
Our tax dollars were used to train and sustain (war welfare) this piece of crap whilst thousands of kids have to pay for their education. I want my money back and all of his Australian assets confiscated!......lickspittle dog and ISIS sympathiser...:mad::fire:
We'll talk about him more late April..

LOL, so the Saudis, who can't beat the Houthi in Yemen, are suddenly gunna turn up in Syria and save their Qaeda mates in Aleppo and Idlib?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Awesome thread that has opened my eyes. Thanks to the contributors. My question is how has this NOT reached more eyes and ears? It is ridiculous that I've only heard about this conflict and subsequent atrocities today. The degree of censorship in the 'free' western world is terrifying.

Awesome thread that has opened my eyes. Thanks to the contributors. My question is how has this NOT reached more eyes and ears? It is ridiculous that I've only heard about this conflict and subsequent atrocities today. The degree of censorship in the 'free' western world is terrifying.

corporate owned media ....

There's no "vs the West" angle, at least not one that can be explained in under 2 minutes to people who'll be unironically watching A Current Affair 15 minutes later. Probably not many soundbites either from Obama/Turnbull/British PM to help Make It Seem Important.

Same reasons we never hear about African wars unless an Australian charity worker gets kidnapped.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rumour is that the same fighters fighting the houthis for Saudis were the soldiers who contributed to the jabhat al nusra surge that broke temporarily the allepo seige, and a down turn for the Saudi mercenaries in Yemen and Saudi arabia at that time did occur. Shows that Outside powers are attacking Syria - its not a real civil war.

Saudis need to start flying radar plane patrols with fighters ready to scramble at short notice and all that sort of stuff, to deal with the drones. The cost of being at war I'm afraid. The enemy have a weapon that is entirely expendable but can inflict some real damage on fixed infrastructure.

Saudis need to start flying radar plane patrols with fighters ready to scramble at short notice and all that sort of stuff, to deal with the drones. The cost of being at war I'm afraid. The enemy have a weapon that is entirely expendable but can inflict some real damage on fixed infrastructure.
The longer the gulf nations continue to pretend they aren't at war, the more sympathy they garner from the rest of the world and that's irrespective of whether that sympathy is justified or not.

They'll do their best to outsource it as they do everything. Sauds don't labour but bring in foreigners to do it, their military approach is similar.

They'll do their best to outsource it as they do everything. Sauds don't labour but bring in foreigners to do it, their military approach is similar.

Yeah, I read somewhere they have lots of US built fighters and attack aircraft, but not enough crews. They expect that if s**t hits the fan the US will supply pilots to fly Saudi jets.

I'm actually very surprised there hasn't been a mass death from starvation yet, when you consider how many bombs are being dropped, how many civilians are being killed and how the ports are being blockaded. This sounds as bad as anything people suffered through in Syria or Libya.

Without sounding like a conspiracy theorist, the Saudi government used to have a significant share in NewsCorp, which dominates Australian media.

Could be a reason.

(On another note, I find it ironic that right-wing partisans tend to get their news from an outlet which was owned by Wahhabis, whom they're meant to hate with a passion.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back