UK The Queen

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is actively moderated, let's behave like adults, shall we?

For conversation on an Australian Republic:

Last edited:
Yet there are people who worship politicians 🤷‍♂️

There are probably plenty of people who can’t understand Australians who worship a bloke because he can spin a cricket ball…
Well, SOME politicians actually do stuff.

And spinning a cricket ball better than anyone else is doing something.

Sitting in a coach waving? Meh.

Well, SOME politicians actually do stuff.

And spinning a cricket ball better than anyone else is doing something.

Sitting in a coach waving? Meh.
Yes the Queen did nothing for 70 years.

That is why most of the leaders of the world have turned up to the funeral of a glorified hand waver..............

Yes the Queen did nothing for 70 years.

That is why most of the leaders of the world have turned up to the funeral of a glorified hand waver..............
She did 5/8 of bugger all. This is just the world political class having a massage circle/Kum Ba Ya.

Yet there are people who worship politicians 🤷‍♂️

There are probably plenty of people who can’t understand Australians who worship a bloke because he can spin a cricket ball…
Rubbish. Name me one politician that is worshiped.

Don't say Trump either as that is a cult and he isn't a poltician's a-hole.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

😂😂

So you don’t think those crazy people on Twitter and even some here worship Dan? They were crying and getting angry when he fell down the stairs!!!
Nah, think that is just barracking. Partisan politics.

Anyway, I didn't mind the Queen and can see how Royalist would admire and worship her.

these inbred Germans with a dash of Greek, none whatsoever.

The Queen, her children and grand-children are no more than half German by descent and often far less.

Of the late Queen's eight great grandparents, three were German (Edward VII, Francis Duke of Teck and Mary Adelaide of Hanover), one was Danish, (Alexandra of Denmark), one was Scottish (Claude Bowes-Lyon Earl of Strathmore) and three were Anglo-Scot (Frances Smith of Blendon Hall, Charles Cavendish-Bentick and Carolina Burnaby of Baggrave Hall). So Queen Elizabeth II had just over 37% Germanic descent and 50% Anglo-Celtic descent.

King Charles III is slightly more German (50%), through his father Prince Philip, who is no more Greek other that he was born there. Charles III's grandparents were King George VI, Elizabeth Bowes Lyons, Prince Andrew of Greece (a Dane) and Alice of Battenberg. Charles great-grandparents consist of a Dane, 2 Anglo-Celts, four Germans and a Russian. Charles was born in England, as was his mother Queen Elizabeth II and three of his four grandparents. Does that make him more English than German?

Prince William's great-grandparents consist of two 'Germans' (George VI of England (who was born in England) and Alice of Battenberg - born at Windsor England) one Dane (Prince Andrew of Greece) and six Anglo-Celts (Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, the 7th Earl Spencer, Lady Cynthia Elinor Hamilton, Edmund Maurice Burke Roche, 4th Baron Fermoy and Ruth Gill). In fact William can trace his line of descent from a number of famous Anglo-Norman lines including the Spencers, the Howards, the Dudleys, the Devereuxs, the Staffords, the Percys and so on. William is also descended from a number of Anglo-Celtic clans such as the Campbells, the Hamiltons, the Douglases, the Murrays and so on.

As is King Charles.

They're no more inbred than many others throughout the world, especially in those areas where cousin marriage is quite common.

Even though it comes from a fictional movie I can't help but keeping thinking about the quote - "People are made to be ruled" - Loki - The Avengers

I acknowledge and am respectful about her passing but the absolute pile on of exorbitance of her funeral and the blind cult like affection given to the royals is complete insanity. These developed countries have more than enough money to wipe out poverty within their country but the poor 90% can't helped but to place themselves on the bottom rung and worship upwards.

1F060146-CEA2-4735-8DFC-E4391E44A5F6.png

Interesting that this may be the single progressive cause where support amongst men is significantly higher than support amongst women. Probably a few causes for that, but I’m unsure if that can hold up under a king to the extent it did a queen. I know a lot of people thought the handsomeness of William might keep it going, but as he continues to turn into Dorian Gray’s portrait, that doesn’t seem the sure thing it once did.

Still, women, over-50s and Coalition voters should clearly be the target of the republican campaign - and I’m not sure that’s the demographic they’re appealing to, at all.

I need to get a job at the Daily Mail. Imagine how easy life is when your day's task is to "find a cloud that looks like Queen Elizabeth". The beers on me, gang!! :beercheers:

Not to be a debbie downer, but does it even look like her? It looks more like an ultrasound to me.

Screenshot from 2022-09-22 17-35-24.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back