Arts & Humanities The Things That Make You Sad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The lack of support for people who are struggling is really starting to get my goat.
So many people around me are in need of mental health support and there's very little available or affordable. I'm having a lot of difficult conversations at the moment and I would never begrudge it but god I'm unqualified.
We all have our mental health issues.... I am no different

Have a wank

Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Wild that a place that sold one product could make such a decent go of it long term. There aren't many stores that get away with selling one thing any more.

They did sell carpet cleaners etc.

But they needed to think outside the box....

I don't think they were that cheap in that place either .

Terminal dogs keeps popping up on my instagram for some reason. I’ve got two dogs that are 8 years old, they should have many years left but it cuts me up thinking about the sad day when it’s their turn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terminal dogs keeps popping up on my instagram for some reason. I’ve got two dogs that are 8 years old, they should have many years left but it cuts me up thinking about the sad day when it’s their turn.

It's sad .
On my FB every day in every area dogs are on the loose .
Pay the money for better gate and fence..dogs life is worth more .

Heaps of doggies at the lost dogs home .
Those type of places .

My 2 labs are 7 hoping to have them around for a while yet .

It's sad .
On my FB every day in every area dogs are on the loose .
Pay the money for better gate and fence..dogs life is worth more .

Heaps of doggies at the lost dogs home .
Those type of places .

My 2 labs are 7 hoping to have them around for a while yet .

I see this too - why are there dogs so keen to leave? Why are they so adventurous?

My dog knows who feeds her and whose bed she sleeps on, she has no interest in going anywhere. Years ago we lived in Canberra next to one of its many nature reserves/storm water reserves. I didn't realise there was a hole in the back fence, and my dog escaped a couple of times. Could've gone anywhere, cos she was familiar with the nature reserve, we walked it every day.

Instead, I'd find her on my front door step patiently waiting for me.

I see this too - why are there dogs so keen to leave? Why are they so adventurous?

My dog knows who feeds her and whose bed she sleeps on, she has no interest in going anywhere. Years ago we lived in Canberra next to one of its many nature reserves/storm water reserves. I didn't realise there was a hole in the back fence, and my dog escaped a couple of times. Could've gone anywhere, cos she was familiar with the nature reserve, we walked it every day.

boredom i would say

Prob they are outside dogs and want to see what's going on in the world .
Leave with poor gates and fences...spend the cash fix up your gates etc.

I've saved quiet a few dogs .
I saved one and then I seen it out the very next day... FFS.

We once accidentally left our side gate open all day. Didn’t even realise until we came home and found our Bluey waiting patiently in the driveway. Neighbour said he’d been there all day.

Way to bum myself out on another Valentine's day alone, with less than 1% of the dating pool apparently aligning with my interests.

Way to bum myself out on another Valentine's day alone, with less than 1% of the dating pool apparently aligning with my interests.

Save yourself some money ..
Think of the wins

Not overly sad because we expected it, but my wife has had a miscarriage 7 weeks in.

It's good in the sense that it's early and we were anticipating it as such after a scan last week, but it's still sad.

Given we've had two rounds of IVF this year, and one of them has now resulted in a miscarriage, those who can conceive without issue will never know - or understand - how much that is tkane for granted. From both a mental perspective and financial too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back