Food & Drink The Spirits & Vino thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So the run down was "s**t, what a night! Cannot remember a thing! Brilliant night!" :p
Didn't help that I was the only one who had to front up to work the next day:(
I'm rotten sick with girl flu atm, will post later on the wines.

Screenshot_20170901-231314.jpg

Here's cheers to our boys for rewriting history, making finals & (as they always somehow do) managing to yet again well exceed my expectations.

I bloody love this club.

It's been an amazing year they've given us. So lets give something back & all really get behind them this finals series.

I'm hoping we last long enough I'll be able to polish this bad boy off before the GF. :D

View attachment 411076

Here's cheers to our boys for rewriting history, making finals & (as they always somehow do) managing to yet again well exceed my expectations.

I bloody love this club.

It's been an amazing year they've given us. So lets give something back & all really get behind them this finals series.

I'm hoping we last long enough I'll be able to polish this bad boy off before the GF. :D

That's reminds me...time for a refill

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My ciders have arrived:partypooper::beermug: I apologise in advance for the spam of reviews over the next week or two as I make my way through tasting each case.

Bilpin Original Cider. NSW. Blue Mountains
Gluten free. No added sugar. 4.7%
Pale clear cider.
Taste: Granny Smith tart but some sweet comes through later.
Goes fantastic with spicy foods. I’ve just had my chorizo and garlic prawn fettuccine and it works brilliantly in cleansing the palette.

My ciders have arrived:partypooper::beermug: I apologise in advance for the spam of reviews over the next week or two as I make my way through tasting each case.

Bilpin Original Cider. NSW. Blue Mountains
Gluten free. No added sugar. 4.7%
Pale clear cider.
Taste: Granny Smith tart but some sweet comes through later.
Goes fantastic with spicy foods. I’ve just had my chorizo and garlic prawn fettuccine and it works brilliantly in cleansing the palette.
Spam away Tickster!! :D

(Now I can't get the Monty Python spam "song" outta my head....)

Batlow Cloudy Cider, NSW, Batlow
4.2%
Cloudy straw yellow cider
Taste: Not overly sweet, nor overly sour. One review with a far better palette than mine suggested a touch of caramel in the slightly bitter tanin and I’d say he was right.
Light and fresh.
It’s a nice cider, I just prefer something a little more personality to it.

Borrodell - The Comrade Cider, Orange, NSW
5.4%
Light gold colour
Taste:Made with cider apples and nothing but cider apples and you can taste them in the slight bitterness that takes no prisoners. A medium dry cider with enough sharpness to make you sit up and take notice. Love it.
:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Willie Smith’s, Bone Dry Cider, Huon Valley TAS
6.9%. Organically certified
Medium straw cloudy colour
Taste: if you’re after sweetness and light, this is NOT the cider for you. When they say bone dry, they mean it, could come as a bit of a shock to some. Light on the carbonated fizz. You can taste the oak from its 2nd ferment and the tanins.

I suspect your either going to really like or really hate.

Willie Smith’s, Bone Dry Cider, Huon Valley TAS
6.9%. Organically certified
Medium straw cloudy colour
Taste: if you’re after sweetness and light, this is NOT the cider for you. When they say bone dry, they mean it, could come as a bit of a shock to some. Light on the carbonated fizz. You can taste the oak from its 2nd ferment and the tanins.

I suspect your either going to really like or really hate.
Sounds like I'd be in the "like" camp.

Good descriptions too Tickster.

You can taste the oak from its 2nd ferment and the tanins.

I will hero worship you if you confirm that you really know what this means!

Heh. I don’t know maxi. All I can say is over the last week I’ve had a different cider most nights. When I drank the WS Bone Dry it was starkly different to the rest in flavour, and body. You really can taste the oak. I found the apple flavour in it smoothed out more than most others I’ve tasted, and I didn’t particularly like that.

Tannins add bitterness & texture & are often the reason for that chalky type mouth feel..... derrrrr. :p

In fact, some of my fav wines I disliked when I first had as they had too much tannin. But over time it smoothes out into a complexity that's hard to describe... like deep layered bitterness (a bit like my career).

Lobo Trad Cider, Lenswood, SA
5.9%
Taste: Straight out of the bottle hello cloudy cider. True amber in colour cause I rolled the bottle to distribute the sediment. Made with traditional cider apples.
I like this one. The apples are clearly discerned, just the right amount of bitterness and tannin.
:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back