Food & Drink The Spirits & Vino thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm just curious what everyone prefers as their wine and/or spirit of choice?

Myself am quite/very fond of gin,

IDShot_540x540.jpg

Is my current favourite

Can't stand the taste of most of the brown stuff (with the exception of Ron Zacappa for some reason).

_20161104_203013.JPG
Can't get enough in the summer

...and the winter
...and the spring
...and the autumn

...and repeat of the above

If we're talking Gin then you can't beat Tanqueray #10. Bit $$y but worth it as summer rolls around IMO.

I'm a fairly keen vino fan & lucky enough live in Adelaide surrounded by (IMHO) some of the best wine in the world (let alone Australia).

I've got a half doz 2011 "Old Gentlemen" Shiraz (McLaren Vale) left still which are going down REALLY well now. Going to be really interesting to see how it's going in a handful of years. Also pulled a few SaltrumNo.1's from thc cellar the last few weeks too. A 2006 & 2010. Man, same wine... Completely different!

If we're talking Gin then you can't beat Tanqueray #10. Bit $$y but worth it as summer rolls around IMO.

I'm a fairly keen vino fan & lucky enough live in Adelaide surrounded by (IMHO) some of the best wine in the world (let alone Australia).

I've got a half doz 2011 "Old Gentlemen" Shiraz (McLaren Vale) left still which are going down REALLY well now. Going to be really interesting to see how it's going in a handful of years. Also pulled a few SaltrumNo.1's from thc cellar the last few weeks too. A 2006 & 2010. Man, same wine... Completely different!

Yep, can't beat our wine and our seafood :wineglass::fish:

Goodieson's Brewery at McLaren Vale makes a very yummy wheat beer too. Have you heard of it or tried it GTG?

Bloody oath I have... How'd u know abput my favourite wheatbeer!?? (seriously)
It's my spidey sense :cool: Nah, it's everyone's favourite wheatbeer once they've tried it!!

Bloody oath I have... How'd u know abput my favourite wheatbeer!?? (seriously)
We just inspired me to pull over on the side of the road and order a carton. Was going swimmingly until I saw the grand total is $98. *! Shipping's $16.

We just inspired me to pull over on the side of the road and order a carton. Was going swimmingly until I saw the grand total is $98. glory be! Shipping's $16.

Surely you could just put the sirens on and get it for free?

Surely you could just put the sirens on and get it for free?
That particular brewery is about 700km from me. What I need is a stork (on steroids) to airlift it to me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We just inspired me to pull over on the side of the road and order a carton. Was going swimmingly until I saw the grand total is $98. glory be! Shipping's $16.
That's about the same as my cider orders. Just putting my orders in for Xmas. So a case of Willie Smiths @ $96, and a mixed pack of 24 from https://napoleone.com.au/cider/
Totally worth it

That's about the same as my cider orders. Just putting my orders in for Xmas. So a case of Willie Smiths @ $96, and a mixed pack of 24 from https://napoleone.com.au/cider/
Totally worth it
That's some fancy looking cider Ticky. I usually buy The Hills Cider Co - another SA brand. Is it bad that I've only been out of bed for half an hour but I could drink one right now!?!

Actually MaxMinch , have you had their xmas ale?? It's a limited release & not done every year I don't think... Not sure if you're into stouts/porters/dark ales etc but that tastes like xmas pudding in a bottle. Absolutely awesome stuff IMO.
I've seen it on their website but it's new since I moved from that part of the world, so no, but I'd like to. Maybe I'll switch the stork for a reindeer!

That's some fancy looking cider Ticky. I usually buy The Hills Cider Co - another SA brand. Is it bad that I've only been out of bed for half an hour but I could drink one right now!?!
I'll hand it to you Max, you've got some good taste. The Hills pear cider is my fav.

That xmas ale has been made off & on pretty much since they started I think. It's not exactly a good summer beer is the issue I think. Anyway, if you get a chance to grab a few at some point in the future I'd highly recommend it. :thumbsu:

We're very lucky in SA to have some of the best produce in the country IMO.

Will happen. But the distance might be kicker. Urban can be easily managed, inland will bring its own difficulties aka my case of cider was shot down by a wedge tail eagle:'(:huh:
I'm thinking drone interchanges where they can land and swap with a powered up drone. Swap the goods & the 2nd drone carries on... Unique future business opportunity right there Tick....

I'll hand it to you Max, you've got some good taste. The Hills pear cider is my fav.

We're very lucky in SA to have some of the best produce in the country IMO.

Okay, going for a hat-trick GTG ... Croser for a reasonably priced decent bottle of bubbles

Imagine... a piece of local pork belly rubbed with salt and fennel (or caraway) seeds, swimming but not drowning in a bath of Adelaide Hills or Ticky's very special cider and roasted to crispy, juicy perfection. Yummalicious!

Okay, going for a hat-trick GTG ... Croser for a reasonably priced decent bottle of bubbles

Imagine... a piece of local pork belly rubbed with salt and fennel (or caraway) seeds, swimming but not drowning in a bath of Adelaide Hills or Ticky's very special cider and roasted to crispy, juicy perfection. Yummalicious!
That's sounds awesome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back