The rain

Remove this Banner Ad

Grew up in Melbourne, came here a few decades ago. Don't like the heat or humidity, but most of the year the weather is great.

I like it to be cold sometimes, but not as much or for as long as it is/was in Melbourne. No overcoats or thick jumpers required here.
Hmm. So how long did it take you to acclimatise to the weather in QLD? Did you move for work and found that you got used to it so you stayed? Do you miss Melbourne?

Hmm. So how long did it take you to acclimatise to the weather in QLD? Did you move for work and found that you got used to it so you stayed? Do you miss Melbourne?
Yes, moved with job, but we’d been coming here for holidays for several years. One year we said to ourselves, “We have to go home but all these people get to live here.” 😄

We did miss Melbourne for a while, plus rellies and friends. The weather was kind most of the time, although of course there were storms and heatwaves. We never really considered moving back but took holidays down there. We’d paid off our house and got a cheaper one here for cash, with change. The pace of life was more relaxed.

We still like Melbourne for a visit (and occasional footy!) but it’s changed a lot and we’ve been spoilt here with easier traffic and shorter distances to places where we want to go.

We last went in early 2022, but hopefully a visit this year.

I still hate prolonged heat and humidity.

And yet just 4mm for me what an hour away from you?
There is a town 15km from us and it is on the edge of hills. Basically for every km difference between them and us there is 1mm of rain difference. Amazing how the lay of the land affects the rain that falls. We are in a rain shadow, the Adelaide hills push the moisture up higher over us. You can look at radars when a front comes through and it looks we will get heaps then bang it just disappears. We get good rain when it comes from the north .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm near Narangba, very northern tip of Brissie bout 130km from the goldie. Over 300mm now. Sent home as the creek is now over the road. (the back way in) Other shut earlier in the morning
My boys :bulldogs: are on a footy camp in Mooloolaba.. :(

Last edited:
Nuts weather. I work in dandenong, and every street had flooded to St least half a metre including princes hwy, power out all the way to cranbourne, accidents galore, trees down every 500m

Sounds like you guys got our weather.
Hope everyone ok
Got Fire, Wind,Earth,Water,Thunder. Almost a Captain Planet.

Captain Planet Film GIF

Wouldn't have surprised me if we had some alpine snow today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back