The rain

Remove this Banner Ad

They're all coming from the usual suspects

They're the same people who consider saying "how's that global warming?" on a cold winters day the height of sophisticated humor.
There's a really interesting guy i follow on facebook going by the name of inigo jones. He's certainly out there and absolutely hates the BOM but the way this guy forecasts weather has been eerily accurate. He uses planetary charts and quantum mathematics. It is his belief and honestly i think its highly likely , that the weather is determined by the planetary alignments and the gravitational pulls of where everything is placed at any given point. When you get into what he says it makes a bit of sense why weather predicitions are so hard. every location on earth has a different alignment to the solar system, how you can predict what will happen in a town when every spot around it has a different alignment. His method of prediction is done using star charts and mapping, it's really very interesting. To him el nino, iod's are all buzz words and in fact the mean little because our weather is in a massive cycle and has been for millions of years. worth a look at if it interests you.

I thought my windows were going to smash due to the hail.

Sideways on an angle I've never seen before
100 percent!!! that was insane. i swear the storm was just over me and surrounding 2/3 suburbs

Last edited:
100 percent!!! that was insane. i swear the storm was just over 2/3 suburbs

I had to get up and push against the window to prevent it smashing. The rain was as intense as I've ever seen. My garage is usually covered in water in the rain, but today its dry as it was coming from the north.

Checked BOM and it was black over my suburb. Never seen that before

people just love criticising, bom could suggest 10-20mm of rain , 21mm falls and they would be moaning. people look at rain radars and think that they will get excatly what is predicted, there's no way the bom can predict exactly how much water will fall in a set location. A farmer friend of mine had 20mm of rain in one paddock, 500m away on other side of farm 1mm .
The same BOM that needs to update their forecast @ 9:30am to include showers that have come out of nowhere when they’ve already predicted the weather @ 5:30am.

The same BOM that predicted 30 for Mebourne this coming Saturday, but since Saturday the forecast has changed from 30 to 28 to 27 and now 25

They are clueless and the 7 day forecasts show that

I hope everyone is enjoying their El Niño dry summer in Melbourne.

The same BOM that needs to update their forecast @ 9:30am to include showers that have come out of nowhere when they’ve already predicted the weather @ 5:30am.

The same BOM that predicted 30 for Mebourne this coming Saturday, but since Saturday the forecast has changed from 30 to 28 to 27 and now 25

Any other areas you feel that weather predictions are wrong? Are we going into a climate change rant?

On a thread where people are just talking about rain?

Isnt it because the volcano filled the atmosphere with water vapour? Which noone predicted an eruption?
That is having an impact but I don’t believe it is the sole cause of what is happening. It’s a combination of the different climate drivers ending early and starting up early. Just seems like things are out of whack to what is “normal”

lol expecting a 7 day forecast to be accurate is just plain delusional on your part, there's a reason they call it weather predictions. If you use google maps to work out how long it takes to get from A to B it will give you a time just like a 7 day forecast gives a weather prediction. on your trip you may exceed the speed limit, break down, have an accident, get stuck behind a slow driver, have roadworks etc all that affect the outcome when you reach that final destination. Weather is the same, there are so many factors that clearly you don't understand that can change a forecast dramatically in 7 days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

419936260_390585263652147_3109921155634830614_n.jpg

Something to keep an eye on next week. Cat 4/5 cyclone likely around Townsville/Mackay then wash out to a low and head south east.

Does the radar read the rain incorrectly in Melbourne ? Similar colour set up on the bom as SE Qld but they're getting feck all out of it. something like 6mm at the moment.
It could be virga, which is when warm wind, particularly when it's strong, evaporates a lot of the rain before it hits the ground. It happens a lot to us when we get medium to strong northerlies or north-westerlies.
I dunno if the following is true, but someone told me that what we on the BOM radar is "consumer-level", which is higher than the hardcore stuff people like defense forces and some airports have, which is lower.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back