The rain

Remove this Banner Ad

A bit cooler in SEQ today, after several days of 30+ with 99%* humidity.

* may or may not be slightly exaggerated.
i dunno how you cope with humidity in QLD, i much prefer dry heat than humidity

i dunno how you cope with humidity in QLD, i much prefer dry heat than humidity
Some summers aren’t too bad. We’ve had air con in the house for about 20 years and usually use it for about 2-4 weeks on and off. This year it’s been on most days since before Christmas. So much moisture in the air.

Some summers aren’t too bad. We’ve had air con in the house for about 20 years and usually use it for about 2-4 weeks on and off. This year it’s been on most days since before Christmas. So much moisture in the air.
yeah as a south aussie i hate humidity and just couldn't see how i could get used to it. I worked in a nursery for 12 years , specifically in a greenhouse and never got used to it

The gardens and lawns love it. We might have to hack our way out soon, if the lawn-mowing man can't get here.
This your backyard, DRU?
jungle fever forest GIF by Amsterdenim
Forest Jungle GIF

I think there is something in the DNA of Queenslanders. I was born there but am very very much a Melburnian now, i still love going tropical places with the humidity.

Youre just gonna be sweaty, accept it and enjoy it.
Grew up in Melbourne, came here a few decades ago. Don't like the heat or humidity, but most of the year the weather is great.

I like it to be cold sometimes, but not as much or for as long as it is/was in Melbourne. No overcoats or thick jumpers required here.

I think there is something in the DNA of Queenslanders. I was born there but am very very much a Melburnian now, i still love going tropical places with the humidity.

Youre just gonna be sweaty, accept it and enjoy it.
My DNA is Perf. Its a dry heat 😂

But I admit im a bit weird.
It just really benefits my health

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My DNA is Perf. Its a dry heat 😂

But I admit im a bit weird.
It just really benefits my health
i wear jeans all year round, humidity sucks for my clothing choices

i wear jeans all year round, humidity sucks for my clothing choices
I wear sunnies, cap, tshirts and shorts and usually barefoot around the house WFH 100%.
When out i wear Archies thongs. Not a feral with barefoot out like some.

Only wear shoes if gardening or on a plane or a fancy dinner

Grew up in Melbourne, came here a few decades ago. Don't like the heat or humidity, but most of the year the weather is great.

I like it to be cold sometimes, but not as much or for as long as it is/was in Melbourne. No overcoats or thick jumpers required here.
I loooove being cold now.

Haven't used my scarves or gloves in years.
/Puffer jacket yes tho. On the coldest of cold days

Remove this Banner Ad

Back