• Milwaukee - I have faith in Doc Rivers

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • New York - it turns out Thibs was the hero NY needed

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • OKC - after stealing a franchise, stealing a title is nothing

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Minnesota - Winter is coming

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Phoenix - Luxury tax? What luxury tax?

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Clippers - The world needs a Harden vs Morey postscipt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lakers - Never bet against the whistle

• Other

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Curry missed play offs
LeBron and Durant not even making the first round interesting.
Harden, Westbrook and Kawhi also probably going to get bounced in the first round.

Times are a changing.

There's obvious plusses if he takes less, but the way people go on about it all the time is stupid. LeBron deserves whatever money he can get. He's underpaid if anything.

That's what I said, relative to revenue he generates for the league and his team, he is underpaid. Not as underpaid as Michael Jordan circa 1991 was, but still underpaid.

Completely different kettle of fish to building a contender within the parameters of a salary cap though.

I've never once heard anyone say the same about Steph.

Apples and oranges, Steph signed his last contract coming off a championship after his 13th pro season. Bit different to LeBron about to enter his 22nd pro season with a team that hasn't won 50 games for four years. If Steph keeps playing beyond 2026, he'll certainly have the same dilemma then. Klay has already reached that point.

In the broader perspective, it's also a matter of relativity. I can understand rugby league players taking the bag when it might be the difference between them being able to retire comfortably one day or not, especially with such a high risk of brain injury.

LeBron on the other hand is allegedly worth $1.2 billion. He has the luxury of being able to take less, if he truly wants to max out his championship chances. He's not obliged to, and from the perspective of the revenue he generates it cannot be argued that he should. But if he wants to remain with the Lakers and win another championship? Then yeah, he should definitely be considering it.

Just a reminder that nobody has picked the Wolves to win it all in the poll.

Still less favoured than the Suns, Lakers and ''others'', which technically includes the Pels.
Don’t think anyone is used to them being in the playoffs to vote for.

I was looking the other week and I think they’re statistically the worst team in the league since the year 2000. (Just checked worst west team)

Would think most neutrals want them to win it. Small market, no success. I hope they do anyway.

Back