Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Enjoyed the new doco on Man City’s treble achievement from last season, better than the one they did on Amazon a few years ago
Entirely different subjects for a doco, for a start.

I enjoyed the previous one too, just enjoyed this one more. No idea why such an aggressive response, it’s just my opinion!
It was a joke about a "doco on Amazon" :) Never mind. Too dry.

We didn't mind Parasite: The Grey. Not bad for a Korean production.

We've also recently watched Supersex, a series about the life of Italian adult film star Rocco Siffredi. Although it has some nice naked ladies in it, the story itself is very weak and gets super tedious. By the end, I was wondering why this series even needed to be made.

Last edited:
Baby Reindeer : 7 episodes (Based on a true story)

A dark, twisted, yet funny series centered on a woman and struggling comedian whom she begins to stalk.

Wont give any of the plot line away but the performances by Richard Gadd and Jessica Gunning were outstanding

Best netflix series I've seen in 2024. 5/5

Probably a quarter of the Jimmy Carr new special is what I heard at the Australian Melbourne gig last year
I watched the special but it was very weak. Jimmy has lost his edge, if you ask me. The pedophile jokes especially turned me off.

Last edited:
Jimmy Carr spends a little too much time mugging to the crowd about how edgy he is and how he’s going to be cancelled, rather than just being edgy… or funny.

The show felt like two halves, first half was rapid fire jokes, second half crowd work. Felt the first part was real hit and miss, a couple of really good jokes in there (date rape, homosexuality previously being considered a mental illness), some average ones and some really weak pandering to anti-woke/transgender audiences.

Second half felt like it was more genuine, made you squirm and laugh at/with the audience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

40 minutes in to Rebel Moon Part 2. I so wanted this to be good (part1 also), but it is so bad. The dialogue is just so bad. It's like they want you to care about that characters but you just don't. Hard to watch.

Probably a quarter of the Jimmy Carr new special is what I heard at the Australian Melbourne gig last year
Big names come to these small markets to try out their material.

A bit disappointed last Billy Connolly show. Funny but it was some very old stuff and some new stuff he had to look at notes to remember.

40 minutes in to Rebel Moon Part 2. I so wanted this to be good (part1 also), but it is so bad. The dialogue is just so bad. It's like they want you to care about that characters but you just don't. Hard to watch.
I agree. It was a terrible film. Poorly written. Cliqued. Trying for the feels too often when there has been so little character development that you feel nothing for them.

I agree. It was a terrible film. Poorly written. Cliqued. Trying for the feels too often when there has been so little character development that you feel nothing for them.
And felt like the whole film was in slow motion

Baby Reindeer.

The story is quite interesting as it portrays the supposedly true events when a would be comedian is stalked by a crazy woman. It's well put together and all the performances are very good. I just found the main character frustrating because he keeps making so many bad decisions that further his predicament.

Baby Reindeer : 7 episodes (Based on a true story)

A dark, twisted, yet funny series centered on a woman and struggling comedian whom she begins to stalk.

Wont give any of the plot line away but the performances by Richard Gadd and Jessica Gunning were outstanding

Best netflix series I've seen in 2024. 5/5
Really enjoyed it, episodes weren't too long which was a bonus.

Baby Reindeer.

The story is quite interesting as it portrays the supposedly true events when a would be comedian is stalked by a crazy woman. It's well put together and all the performances are very good. I just found the main character frustrating because he keeps making so many bad decisions that further his predicament.
Donny is Richard Gadd, who is the executive producer, who the story is about.

We've been watching Loudermilk and really digging it. I know it is set in Seattle, but this is pure Canadian humor played by some very funny Canadian actors and one Brit. It hit me that the actor who plays Loudermilk also played Barry Allen's dad in The Flash movie.

We've been watching Loudermilk and really digging it. I know it is set in Seattle, but this is pure Canadian humor played by some very funny Canadian actors and one Brit. It hit me that the actor who plays Loudermilk also played Barry Allen's dad in The Flash movie.
'The Flash's dad' is no way to describe the star of cult film Office Space :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back