Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with the comments about the diabolical Rebel Moon.

I’m staggered they made a second film. The first had me laughing at the silly plot, clunky dialogue and acting.

Watched the second. Just got cranky at the worst rip off appropriation of the Seven Samurai I have seen to date. Delighted for Doona Bae she has been written out

Agree with the comments about the diabolical Rebel Moon.

I’m staggered they made a second film. The first had me laughing at the silly plot, clunky dialogue and acting.

Watched the second. Just got cranky at the worst rip off appropriation of the Seven Samurai I have seen to date. Delighted for Doona Bae she has been written out
He made them together. But apparently he’s working on anywhere from two to four more movies. Netflix were committed to this but it would boggle my mind if they keep throwing good money after bad.

We've been watching Loudermilk and really digging it. I know it is set in Seattle, but this is pure Canadian humor played by some very funny Canadian actors and one Brit. It hit me that the actor who plays Loudermilk also played Barry Allen's dad in The Flash movie.
Yeah we didn’t mind it at our place. Easy to watch.
Quite funny in parts but also terribly gross in other parts, which is not surprising given one of the Farrelly brothers was the chief writer/EP if I recall.
Short episodes too, which suits my limited attention span these days.

Baby Reindeer.

The story is quite interesting as it portrays the supposedly true events when a would be comedian is stalked by a crazy woman. It's well put together and all the performances are very good. I just found the main character frustrating because he keeps making so many bad decisions that further his predicament.
I just started a thread on this. I get so frustrated with it too. Stop engaging with her

We finally watched the final season of Houe of Cards (sans Kevin Spacey), and while it wasn't bad, the ending surprised me. It looked like it was going to end like the UK version with Claire (the president) getting assassinated. However, it ended up with Claire murdering Doug in the Oval Office (who had come to kill her) and then it was over for good. It was an odd ending with so many things left unfinished.

I just started a thread on this. I get so frustrated with it too. Stop engaging with her
Yes agree with that.
Have only watched the first two episodes but the lead character is his own worst enemy. Should have walked away from the get go. She was obviously flakey. Plus his own double life makes me have very little sympathy for him.
I didn’t find him likeable at all. Lots of long looks into the camera, blank stares etc, which I found annoying.
It is watchable though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes agree with that.
Have only watched the first two episodes but the lead character is his own worst enemy. Should have walked away from the get go. She was obviously flakey. Plus his own double life makes me have very little sympathy for him.
I didn’t find him likeable at all. Lots of long looks into the camera, blank stares etc, which I found annoying.
It is watchable though.
I just started watching it too, but I think that's the point. That even though she is crazy, he is lonely and a bit of a loser so likes the attention.

Baby Reindeer was a decent watch.

I don’t for a second believe the main character put all of himself out there on the show (which is tough to believe as there was some pretty raw moments), but the guy did go through some trauma and people handle things differently.

I would recommend to anyone with a Netflix account.

I don't think there is, it just turns a normal tv into a smart tv. You still have to pay and subscribe for the streaming services you want.

I've been meaning to look in to one of these, I have a plasma TV from 2009. Does it simply just plug in to USB and work? Or will it not necessarily work with some older tvs?

I've been meaning to look in to one of these, I have a plasma TV from 2009. Does it simply just plug in to USB and work? Or will it not necessarily work with some older tvs?
We used to have a plasma, and we bought a Chromecast for it. You stick it in an HDMI port on your TV, open the streaming service on your smartphone app, and select what you want to watch. Once it starts to play on your phone, tap the Chromecast icon in the top corner, and it goes to your TV. It was very effective. Then we bought a smart TV and didn't need that anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back